Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What nonsense.

Commodores don't break down.

Well the ones with bad drivers who flog them relentlessly do.

Hey, maybe Ken is the bad driver... Ok I changed my mind, the metaphor works.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I thought you were going to be over quicker than that.

It's been a day or two.

I think Dixon will benefit in the late part of the season from Rat playing forward. Now there's another body who can crash and bash packs. I did notice several times though when Rat didn't get the mark, he couldn't neutralise the contest and the swans were able to rebound it. That doesn't not often happen with Dixon, and it didn't happen last night. I hate #bringtheballtoground as much as anyone, but Charlie can do that when he doesn't mark. It just shouldn't be plan a.

Those two guys taking the contests also frees MG up to play more mobile and uncontested, which he is very good at.

Finally, Dixon is still our best second ruck, comfortably, unless we are playing two rucks, which we probably won't ever again.

You'd have to be mad or bias to think he's not improving the 22 right now.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

He's spot is the third tall. his pass mark should be 8 marks, 3 goals and 10 hit outs for the rest of the year with the mismatch he will get

According to the article on port on the afl website today Charlie is the second ranked key forward in the league through the last 6 weeks by champion data.

Second ranked key forward named Charlie maybe

Did I hear a caller say on 5aa this afternoon that Dixon is retiring?
Caller on Triple M this morning said that there will be an announcement next week that Dixon will be retiring at the end of this season.

Caller on Triple M this morning said that there will be an announcement next week that Dixon will be retiring at the end of this season.
If those are the first seven words of your post, it's probably better to just cut your losses and delete it rather than typing out the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having just listened to what Charlie said, I thought he spoke very well and I have no issues with anything he said. He said that if he did play on next year he wanted to be able to contribute, not just play on “for the hell of it”. I know it’s the thing atm to criticise him, but, really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back