Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie will be that bloke that will hate Port after he retires. He only moved here for Ken but feels nothing for Port I reckon

Beg to differ. Perhaps his passion & support for the club and players is extremely high but he's not one to tolerate people, whether they are supporters or not, getting stuck into the club & especially the players. Clearly he defends them. If he dislikes anything port after he's done then it's the certain group of supporters. Fair enough too.

Just trying to put myself in his head.

You think your doing a decent job at work, but have a bad day and screw some things up and everyone starts finger pointing and tells you that you should quit. Not exactly a good feeling. And makes you nervous about screwing up again.

I have a level of sympathy for this, but maybe I'm gullible.

It's actually cruel what they're doing with Dixon. Allowing him to be humiliated in full view of the public. Anyone at the game near the player's race could see that he could barely muster the 'pace' to get through the banner let alone make any sort of impact.. Everyone knows he's completely cooked - except him and the Car Salesman who chooses him....

It's actually cruel what they're doing with Dixon. Allowing him to be humiliated in full view of the public. Anyone at the game near the player's race could see that he could barely muster the 'pace' to get through the banner let alone make any sort of impact.. Everyone knows he's completely cooked - except him and the Car Salesman who chooses him....
It's a bit like Jed.

He's not an AFL player but Hinkley keeps on picking him and goes out and does his best which is far off the mark and is laughed at and humiliated in the process.

Charlie is just a rusted out old heap that keeps on trying to get into second gear and failing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trying to put myself in his head.

You think your doing a decent job at work, but have a bad day and screw some things up and everyone starts finger pointing and tells you that you should quit. Not exactly a good feeling. And makes you nervous about screwing up again.

I have a level of sympathy empathy for this, but maybe I'm gullible.

FTFY. There is a big difference.

You're at least attempting empathy. Charlie by his own words - "blocking" is just a rehash of other rash statements he's made - is not even attempting to put himself in other people's heads except for those who keep telling him to persist.

"you think you're going alright, then a game like that happens..."

My brother in Christ, you've been goalless in 6 of your last 10 games

If he thinks he was going alright before that game there’s massive alarm bells regarding his own self awareness and the club men around him either not seeing the truth or not willing to speak it to him.

He could always just make the call himself, like most key forwards that realise the game has gone well past them.

Anyone else think the Dixon/Chad kick to kick warm up thing separate from the main group is weird?
I brought that up earlier. I remember freezing in the bleachers at AAMI on the eastern wing and watching Travis’s warmup as he was always away from the main group with a trainer/assistant to kick to. Travis in his early days at Port was “somewhat delicate” and it appeared that he had a set warmup routine with his gopher. Travis certainly toughened up!
Stewey Dew also had a set warmup routine by kicking for goals at the lake end. He would move around the 50 metre arc and have pot shots at the goal. Once again he had a gopher kicking the ball back to him
Those were the days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Charlie Dixon Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back