Chris Johnson delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor melbourne - put some work into the kid and he starts to look good and he wants to leave!

This is worse than Warnock - at least he wanted to go home, this kid just sounds like a w***er
What?

If Melbourne were offering him a 1 year contract and he had a 2 year offer from another club on the table, why the hell wouldn't he take it? Because Melbourne have given him 30 games? :eek:

Poor melbourne - put some work into the kid and he starts to look good and he wants to leave!

This is worse than Warnock - at least he wanted to go home, this kid just sounds like a w***er
Then the Pies should be after Johnson to join their legion of socially responsible footballers after they made the hard calls on Shaw, Johnson and Didak...

:rolleyes:

What?

If Melbourne were offering him a 1 year contract and he had a 2 year offer from another club on the table, why the hell wouldn't he take it? Because Melbourne have given him 30 games? :eek:
At his stage of his career CJ would undoubtedly have been given another contract at the end of next year if he improved as hoped. MFC's stance was obviously that they wanted to see him improve and were not giving him a longer term contract until he did. CJ has obviously decided this is not good enough and wanted out for one or more of three reasons IMO:

1) He beleived he was worth a 2 year deal and was not impressed with the club.

2) His manager had done a bit of work in the back ground and scored more money with another club (who incidentally were prepared to do a 2 yr contract).

3) wants to go to WA but so far nothing seems to support this and certain Vic clubs have been mentioned.

It is speculation on my behalf but I am leaning to option 2.

any reason why my posts were deleted?

mine was too lol.
Kim%20jong%20il.jpg

Reeks of Carlton rorting the system again. God I will laugh when they are busted again and stripped of 3 years worth of draft picks. Cheating dogs. Everyone else in the league tries to rebuild honestly.

Not us.

We just never get around to rebuilding ;)

Reeks of Carlton rorting the system again. God I will laugh when they are busted again and stripped of 3 years worth of draft picks. Cheating dogs. Everyone else in the league tries to rebuild honestly.

Seriously every time an Essendon supporter slams Carlton for 'rorting' the system it just shows your ignorance.

What the **** are you on about?

Last time we broke the rules was in 2002 and we were punished for it.

Not sure what your problem is now. :confused:

You can have him.

Good players simply don't make it through to the PSD.

2008 Stefan Martin, Scott Welsh
2007 Mal Michael, Cameron Cloke, Chris Bryan
2006 Brent Guerra, Jason Porplyzia
2005 Eddie Betts
2004 Nick Stevens, Michael Johnson
2003 Craig Bolton, Brent Moloney

An average of 2 players per year, all good enough to be in their team's 2008 best 22.

I rofl at those who think Johnson is anything above average. And even then that's pushing it. No way in hell was he going to be in Melbourne's 22 next year. Best of luck to him but no big loss, just another half back flanker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2008 Stefan Martin, Scott Welsh
2007 Mal Michael, Cameron Cloke, Chris Bryan
2006 Brent Guerra, Jason Porplyzia
2005 Eddie Betts
2004 Nick Stevens, Michael Johnson
2003 Craig Bolton, Brent Moloney

An average of 2 players per year, all good enough to be in their team's 2008 best 22.
Who was picked before Martin and Welsh?

If only we had big guns such as Stefan Martin, Michael Johnson, Bryan, Welsh and Mal Michael, we'd be a top eight side. :rolleyes:

Bryan is a spud and we passed on him knowing all too well what he's like.

Every club has passed on these players at least once, so why are they guns? ;)

Stevens was the last big name to come out of the PSD because Collingwood, Port and the Dogs stuffed up trade week.

Guerra was a headcase and delisted like Pfeiffer...

The PSD is becoming obsolete for finding players and used more for bargaining power now.

The rookie draft is now more important than the PSD.

Yet clubs such as Carlton appear to be preparing to load up on bottom age players in the national draft when we have five spots on our list.

I won't be holding my breath if Johnson gets through to pick six somehow. ;)

What the **** are you on about?

Last time we broke the rules was in 2002 and we were punished for it.

Not sure what your problem is now. :confused:

It's because they see us rocketing up the ladder and can't do anything about it :cool:.

But really, is the fact that we actually trade and look to improve our list by picking up players who want to move clubs, generally for family reasons ext., get you annoyed? We've done nothing at all wrong since 2002, and I think its safe to say we paid dearly for our crime back then.

Good to see another uncontracted player linked with Carlton... Swann, Icke and the boys are exploring all options in their attempts to continue our improvement as a club. Like it or not, you have to admitt that the Blues really do have some of the best football administrators working for us at the moment... Not bad for a club who apparently (according to many posters on here) are a rabble with a crap list and no future...

More rubbish ramblings from Bummers fans...

Who was picked before Martin and Welsh?

If only we had big guns such as Stefan Martin, Michael Johnson, Bryan, Welsh and Mal Michael, we'd be a top eight side. :rolleyes:

Bryan is a spud and we passed on him knowing all too well what he's like.

Every club has passed on these players at least once, so why are they guns? ;)

Stevens was the last big name to come out of the PSD because Collingwood, Port and the Dogs stuffed up trade week.

Guerra was a headcase and delisted like Pfeiffer...

The PSD is becoming obsolete for finding players and used more for bargaining power now.

The rookie draft is now more important than the PSD.

Yet clubs such as Carlton appear to be preparing to load up on bottom age players in the national draft when we have five spots on our list.

I won't be holding my breath if Johnson gets through to pick six somehow. ;)
so u dont think porp is any good?

Another innane contribution from a club of pure hypocrites. You do know that YOUR mob are the only club to get caught 'rorting' the cap twice don't you brightspark? :rolleyes:

F@#k i'll laugh even harder at you tool if Johnson ends up at Essendon. Then again. it seems EVERYBODY wants to come to Carlton these days. :D

He's a gun, silly Melbourne

Wasn't Melbourne's fault.

He's a money hungry prick who thinks he can get more at Carlton, which I highly doubt. I hope he regrets this decision, because it's going to be the worst decision of his life. He better not come crawling back either, money hungry dog.

The shame about this is, he looked really promising for the future. He's going to be a good player, at the moment though I just hate his guts, I can't believe he did this to us.

He's a money hungry prick who thinks he can get more at Carlton, which I highly doubt. I hope he regrets this decision, because it's going to be the worst decision of his life. He better not come crawling back either, money hungry dog.

The shame about this is, he looked really promising for the future. He's going to be a good player, at the moment though I just hate his guts, I can't believe he did this to us.

How much did you offer him?

Why would anybody regret leaving Melbourne ?

A mate of mine is a Carlton supporter and he ran into someone high up in the Carlton Football Club during the week. I am not going to name the Carlton person as it is not fair on the bloke. He is giving confidential information and his name ends up on the internet.
He asked him who Carlton is picking up in the pre season draft and he said Chris Johnson.
Even my mate was surprised as he had not been delisted as yet.
So yes, Carlton have a pre arranged agreement with him unless someone with a higher draft pick beats them to him.
If anyone laughs at me, wait until the draft and remember what I wrote here. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Johnson delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back