Chris Judd leaving WCE: OFFICIAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Judd turns back on Eagles

Few points from an Eagles fan:

Collingwood can forget about Judd unless they put Daisy plus somehow get their hands on a 1-5 draft pick. And Hell freezes over. Trading to Mick? What are we Fremantle.:D

Carlton. Your first and second picks aswell we are talking Judd. God knows who we'd want from that list maybe Carazzo? As for Fevola maybe who knows?

Richmond: Pick 1 forget about Kreuzer we can slot him in somewhere.:D Nathan Foley or Deledio. Might be acceptable.

In general losing Judd means 2 first round picks and a quality midfielder younger than Judd. And $1m a year. Minimum.

Collingwood can forget about Judd unless they put Daisy plus somehow get their hands on a 1-5 draft pick. And Hell freezes over. Trading to Mick? What are we Fremantle.:D

Carlton. Your first and second picks aswell we are talking Judd. God knows who we'd want from that list maybe Carazzo? As for Fevola maybe who knows?

Richmond: Pick 1 forget about Kreuzer we can slot him in somewhere.:D Nathan Foley or Deledio. Might be acceptable.

In general losing Judd means 2 first round picks and a quality midfielder younger than Judd. And $1m a year. Minimum.

Judd will come home, Judd will play for Collingwood. His mother has been seen reguarly at the Lexus Centre. Collingwood will throw a 8 million dollar 6 year deal at him. Carlton and Essendon have also thrown massive offers forward. Judd wants Collingwood providing the Eagles will deal.
user_online.gif

That's all good and well but watch the bidders drop off. He is only worth what a team is willing to pay. Are you willing to go down the Port Adelaide/Nick Stevens path and throw him in the PSD as a matter of principle?

You'll get a good deal, but not that good.

Re: chris judd rumour - back to vic???

Judd will come home, Judd will play for Collingwood. His mother has been seen reguarly at the Lexus Centre. Collingwood will throw a 8 million dollar 6 year deal at him. Carlton and Essendon have also thrown massive offers forward. Judd wants Collingwood providing the Eagles will deal.

We'll see you a Dale Thomas and Didak or Pendlebury and Rusling. Try again no deals with Mick no deals with Collingwood. We didn't even give you Gehrig. Money isn't the issue we will take your best young talent to compensate for a Brownlow Norm Smith medallist if at all. Besides a top ten pick is essential for that deal who's going to trade you that.

Its funny how nobody is quoting the articles in todays West saying the word is that Judd will sign.

Is it a coincidence that all the Vic journalists are the ones with all the hot goss on Judd leaving?

They know its a hot issue and it sells papers.

Same shit though, WA papers say what Western Australians want to hear, Victorian papers say what Victorians want to hear.. Suprised?

That's all good and well but watch the bidders drop off. He is only worth what a team is willing to pay. Are you willing to go down the Port Adelaide/Nick Stevens path and throw him in the PSD as a matter of principle?

You'll get a good deal, but not that good.

Nick Stevens Brownlow medallist and Norm Smith medallist and prem captain was he? Considered the best midfielder of all time? Be serious we will only take less than that deal if he is going into the psd for sure. We run a business not a charity. :D What would you accept for Hodge?

All this talk about 2 1st round draft picks and an established player, West COast cant play too hardball if Judd does want to leave because they will end up with nothing...

We'll see you a Dale Thomas and Didak or Pendlebury and Rusling. Try again no deals with Mick no deals with Collingwood. We didn't even give you Gehrig. Money isn't the issue we will take your best young talent to compensate for a Brownlow Norm Smith medallist if at all. Besides a top ten pick is essential for that deal who's going to trade you that.

Please don't try and speculate, I know.

i just can't see how the pies will get him......their first pick aint til like 11 or something and they would have to give up one of pendlebury or thomas or maybe even both to get judd......their senior players are too old and past their best.......the tigers and blues are definitely in the best position to get judd, without doubt

How much do you think would the Tigers be prepared to offer up in terms of a salary for Judd and player/draft pick package to Westcoast, assuming he doesn't slip through to the PSD?
Tell you the truth id rather we not go after Judd.If 1.5 is what you guys are offering i wouldnt go over 1mil.Thats where the problem lies.1 mil is Judd worth it.Yes however the harmony amongst the rest of the playing group would come into play.Is it worth it?NO!

i just can't see how the pies will get him......their first pick aint til like 11 or something and they would have to give up one of pendlebury or thomas or maybe even both to get judd......their senior players are too old and past their best.......the tigers and blues are definitely in the best position to get judd, without doubt

Looks like a good year to win the spoon:thumbsu:

Heard from an extremely reliable source that Carlton have offered Ackland for Judd and Eagles are going to take it:D

don't laugh mate, the bloos are going to sell their soul for this bloke, oh I'm sorry you already sold your soul...well their going to sell the number 1 draft pick because thats what they will need to get him

Nick Stevens Brownlow medallist and Norm Smith medallist and prem captain was he? Considered the best midfielder of all time? Be serious we will only take less than that deal if he is going into the psd for sure. We run a business not a charity. :D What would you accept for Hodge?

Judd is a long long way from being the best midfielder of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh so mummsy's been seen down the devil's lair has she?? what a load of absolute trash

I see him going to Melbourne and I hope he does...He supported them as a kid and they have good currency trade-wise. seems a good fit to me

Judd as captain just the man to lead them back up the ladder

Well it looks like the first part of the article where Jake Niall said that Judd was going to tell West Coast today he was leaving is wrong.

Judd and his manager will discuss things before going to speak to the Eagles within 2 days. The Sunday Times in Perth at least were professional enough to talk to Judd's manager before writing the article.

I see one of the following options occuring as I don't see how any of the other front runners can trump Carlton at the trade table as they would have to give up too much:
1. He stays but the Eagles will end up losing a few younger players over the next 1-3 years becaue they can't afford the $. Would say this is about 55%.

2. Trade gets made and he ends up at Carlton. They would most likely have to give up their first 2 picks in the draft to get him though and the big question is are they really that desperate? Judd is good but without help even he can't turn around their club. About a 40% chance of happening at the moment.

3. Goes through to the PSD and ends up at Richmond. While it would be great to snare Judd I doubt this will happen. The Eagles will want to snare something for Judd and unless Richmond are prepared to part with pick 2 and some of their best young talent we have no real hope of snaring him via a trade. As with Carlton, Judd is not going to solve Richmond's problems on his own. I see this as about a 5% chance of occuring.

Well it looks like the first part of the article where Jake Niall said that Judd was going to tell West Coast today he was leaving is wrong.

Judd and his manager will discuss things before going to speak to the Eagles within 2 days. The Sunday Times in Perth at least were professional enough to talk to Judd's manager before writing the article.
You're assuming the manager isn't giving different versions for different audiences. There's too many journalists in Melbourne with the same story for it not to have come from a close source - I reckon it's the manager.

It could all be just a big negotiating tactic of course. We'll see eventually.

IMO there is a logical basis for Judd leaving.

WC are in a similar position to Lions 02 03... salary cap pressure ... just read their list and guess some $ signs

His official money would be less at WC than he could get in Vic

He is injured I think cronic OP... if so next year will be part right off not at best anyway. WC chance to get high pics without bottoming rare chance for them

Any club stupid enough to pay $1mill for one player with injury deserves HIM! and the consequences! But may not be so stupid for those in desperate need of a draw card marque player - Dees!

The article states that Judd bases his desire to returning home to be with his family and friends and not money related. So 1.5mill a year is straight out the window. Besides, why does everyone think he'll get a 5 year contract for. It will be 3 at most.

Thats if that article is based on some merit that is.

To Hawks: Buddy in return will be fine

To Woods: Pendles in return will be fine

To Dons: Gumby & 1st Pick in return will be fine

To Saints: Riewoldt in return will be fine

To Blues: Pick 1 & 3 & Kennedy in return will be fine BUT will settle for Fev & Pick 3

To Kangas: Hansen & 1st & 2nd Pick will be fine

To Cats: Corey & 1st Pick will be fine

To Dees: Pick 4 & PP (or 2nd pick) & a young gun

To Tigers: Pick 2 & Deledio will be fine

To Dogs: Have nothing of great desire.

ALL of this is Hypothetical of course and i doubt any of them will happen.

FFS, I am not comparing Judd and Stevens as players. Just the situation they find themselves in. Get a grip.

There will inevitably be a gap between what the Eagles want and what others are willing to part with. Clubs who make that judgment won't participate. I think you will be surprised how many clubs make that judgment. Do you ever wonder why there are so few trades done?

The question is if Judd is leaving regardless, do the Eagles play hardball and send him into the PSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back