Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - PART III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People blame Chris Scott for everything.

How about blaming Tom Hawkins. The guy is lazy, overweight, and goes for the easy goal. He doesn't work hard enough. How come there is not more criticism of him.

Players get let off the hook too easily, and are never blamed for anything.
He kicks goals in junk time. Not the player he was.

Last 2 weeks we're doing this shitty 'kicking sideways until we turn it over' game plan in the first half.

Come out after half time and the players all of a sudden take the game on and take risks. Chris Scott is an absolute master at talking himself up but his game plan is crap. Oh and not picking a ruckman, masterstroke that. As we watch the opposition ruckman be BOG both games.

Those blaming Hawkins, 9 score involvements yesterday and always has 2 opponents in a marking contest given our poor delivery to him. Was by FAR our best forward in our best 3 or 4 on the ground. Some perspective please.

Last 2 weeks we're doing this shitty 'kicking sideways until we turn it over' game plan in the first half.

Come out after half time and the players all of a sudden take the game on and take risks. Chris Scott is an absolute master at talking himself up but his game plan is crap. Oh and not picking a ruckman, masterstroke that. As we watch the opposition ruckman be BOG both games.

Those blaming Hawkins, 9 score involvements yesterday and always has 2 opponents in a marking contest given our poor delivery to him. Was by FAR our best forward in our best 3 or 4 on the ground. Some perspective please.

Having the best midfield combo in the league out there and not picking a ruckman who can hit it to them is perplexing.

This is just a little something I posted over three weeks ago on AFL board, re
Chris Scott. Had a couple of smug cocky posters ridicule it then......
May have more substance regarding Geelongs season rather than the reliance on ifs and buts I keep hearing for success this year.

Chris Scott coaches for Chris Scott

I liken Geelong to a stock market crash. Looks good on the surface but fundamentally a disaster waiting to happen. Both with serious problems and cracks underneath, usually plastered over and propped up too long causing a disaster.
Geelongs future is happening right now at North Melbourne, but will be worse.

Chris, just like his brother , has sold their clubs future away by trading good draft picks, several years running, for ready-made players to prop up their teams
He actually inherited his team from Bomber, and year after year has topped up to stay relevant.
The end result is Geelongs underbelly/depth and lack of quality young players is damning, and I believe the reason for horrible finals record from last few years.
Too much reliance on too few players .
Time has shown this is not how you build a team for a premiership era.
Most Geelong supporters are waiting for the 2011 team to turn up, those teams are gone.
They have been bloody good for a long time but you can't beat the system

Their best players are nearly 30+. Without Dangerfield and Selwood they would not even make finals.

There slide will come and come quick.

And Hawk showed what he can do when he is actually given a chance to go one out for the ball.... The slow awful ball movement gives him barely a chance
The quick direct play... He's almost unstoppable

May have more substance regarding Geelongs season rather than the reliance on ifs and buts I keep hearing for success this year.

I liken Geelong to a stock market crash. Looks good on the surface but fundamentally a disaster waiting to happen. Both with serious problems and cracks underneath, usually plastered over and propped up too long causing a disaster.

Chris, just like his brother , has sold their clubs future away by trading good draft picks, several years running, for ready-made players to prop up their teams
He actually inherited his team from Bomber, and year after year has topped up to stay relevant.
The end result is Geelongs underbelly/depth and lack of quality young players is damning, and I believe the reason for horrible finals record from last few years.
Most Geelong supporters are waiting for the 2011 team to turn up, those teams are gone.

Their best players are nearly 30+. Without Dangerfield and Selwood they would not even make finals.

Go gloat on the main board
Arrogant Hawk fans views aren't cared for round here

Go gloat on the main board
Arrogant Hawk fans views aren't cared for round here
Not gloatin mate just food for thought. Geelong supporters with any intelligence will look past their nose and consider another opinion. The biased ones that rely on ifs and buts will ridicule...

And I'm not a Hawks fan so has zero to do with that

Hawkins lack of goals is a big symptom of our slow ball movement. It has nothing to do with hawkins form.

Absolutely. Not sure how anybody could see how dominant Hawkins was with fast ball movement and one on one opportunities (against an AA defender in McGovern) in the third quarter and try to claim he no longer has an impact etc.

Absolutely. Not sure how anybody could see how dominant Hawkins was with fast ball movement and one on one opportunities (against an AA defender in McGovern) in the third quarter and try to claim he no longer has an impact etc.
hawkins took three marks and kicked 2 goals in the third to get us back in the game and the poster says hawkins only kicks junk time goals. bizarre.

hawkins took three marks and kicked 2 goals in the third to get us back in the game and the poster says hawkins only kicks junk time goals. bizarre.

It's amazing how many people watch a game and see what they want to see.

Similar to the amount of unjust garbage Motlop copped on here for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it would have been 3 goals had he not wandered too close to the man on the mark.
saw that too.. even as he was moving in to kick I said to myself... "too close tommy.."

GO Catters

Not gloatin mate just food for thought. Geelong supporters with any intelligence will look past their nose and consider another opinion. The biased ones that rely on ifs and buts will ridicule...

And I'm not a Hawks fan so has zero to do with that

Did Hawks trade away future for Mitchell and O'Meara.

What good picks have Geelong traded out.

Did Hawks trade away future for Mitchell and O'Meara.

What good picks have Geelong traded out.
its not trading the future away when other teams do it....

only us. :rolleyes:

GO Catters

its not trading the future away when other teams do it....

only us. :rolleyes:

GO Catters

Its not like we traded away top 3 picks.

Dangerfield was 9 and 27ish.

S Selwood was a free agent.

Henderson was pick 16.

Ablett was pick 20ish.

Zac Smith was a few 3rd rounders.

Crameri was a rookie pick.

Black was a pick 80ish.

Touhy was for Smedts and a 5 pick downgrade.

Hardly selling the farm.

I appreciate the amount of effort you put into your post but there is already enough shit going on in here without Hawfies coming in.
I wonder how you analysed your own team?

I thought Hawkins was massive in that third, those 3 marks were all 3 BIG marks under pressure 1 on 1, plus he set up a goal or 3 on top of that, was easily one of the main contributors to the 3/4 time lead.
Surely the whole club (so coaches and players, whichever group was behind the first half) understand now that style of play actually suits us.
We have a pretty good midfield so when they actually win the ball first we look unstoppable.

Its not like we traded away top 3 picks.

Dangerfield was 9 and 27ish.

S Selwood was a free agent.

Henderson was pick 16.

Ablett was pick 20ish.

Zac Smith was a few 3rd rounders.

Crameri was a rookie pick.

Black was a pick 80ish.

Touhy was for Smedts and a 5 pick downgrade.

Hardly selling the farm.
um you are forgetting the picks we lost for trading in mcintosh, clark, caddy and stanley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back