Premiership Player
Suspended
Aug 1, 2006
Premiership City
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dean Cox Sponsor 2007
Woosha was on the radio last night and said we would be talking to Collingwood during trade week about Chris Tarrant. Its believed we will offer Pick 16 + 50 for him. Id be happy if the deal went through. Itd improve our team alot by allowing Lynch to backup ruck and get Seaby out of the side whose a good ruckmen but doesnt do enough around the ground atm.

Collingwood won't go for that.

To me the only way Collingwood will let Tarrant go is if we rip off a club bigtime. Doubt the Eagles will be that dumb.

Cassius_Clay said:
Collingwood won't go for that.

To me the only way Collingwood will let Tarrant go is if we rip off a club bigtime. Doubt the Eagles will be that dumb.

I have a feeling Collingwood might be looking to cut their losses and off load Tarrant if a fair trade is offered. Its been in the media so much its hard to believe that everything between the Pies and Tarrant is a-ok.

That said, I can imagine the pies will try to get more than Tarrant is worth in a trade, knowing worst case scenario is they get to keep him.

• Banned
magpie_militia said:
Picks 16 & 50 would be too lop-sided in WC's favour I feel. Pick 16 and one of your mids would be a fair trade I think. Someone like Rosa perhaps?

Were not that desperate. 16 and 50 would be very fair IMO. Tarrant is no spring chicken and he had a damn poor year

jorel6669 said:
He'd be a handy pick up. Does anyone reckon Medhurst is a chance as well?
Hope not medhurst, he is too inconsistent-We would be getting another sampi-plus i dont want a freo player on our team.

As for tarrant. picks 16+50 doesnt sound toooo bad- I wouldn't want to be paying him too much though untill he performs.

Big Cox said:
Were not that desperate. 16 and 50 would be very fair IMO. Tarrant is no spring chicken and he had a damn poor year

This is why the trade won't happen, you guys aren't desperate to get him and I highly doubt we are desperate to offload him.

The only way Taz will go West is if there is a fair trade put on the table.

magpie_militia said:
This is why the trade won't happen, you guys aren't desperate to get him and I highly doubt we are desperate to offload him.

The only way Taz will go West is if there is a fair trade put on the table.

But thats where the problem lies, you dont want a fair trade :( , he is still under contract with you and you would only do a deal to a Club who is prepaired to pay overs.

Paying overs doesn't equate to a fair trade.

Big Cox said:
Its believed we will offer Pick 16 + 50 for him.
Who is that "believed" by?

Did you just make it up?
daddy_4_eyes said:
I have a feeling Collingwood might be looking to cut their losses and off load Tarrant if a fair trade is offered.
Hold the phones!

This guy has "a feeling"!

Tarrant would be awesome at the eagles and if i was him i would definitely want to go there.

Imagine playing FF with cuz, juddy, embers,kerr etc just giving it to him lace out every week.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne91 said:
Tarrant would be awesome at the eagles and if i was him i would definitely want to go there.

Imagine playing FF with cuz, juddy, embers,kerr etc just giving it to him lace out every week.:)
Except that a lot of people are telling us that he ISN'T a Full Forward and should be played on a flank or something. I feel that Collingwood will want too much and I am not in favour of trading away West Coast's first pick for Tarrant anyway. Plus Lynch had his best ever year at Full Forward and kicked over 60 goals. Why get another player in to play that position(especially one as inconsistant as Tarrant) when we have an in form Lynch and the possibility of Brad Smith coming good to play there ?

Tarrant can't kick straight when it counts and would be asking for too much to relocate. West Coast does not need the extra salary cap pressure.

I hope they don't make the mistake of trading away draft picks for recycled players this year. This draft is supposed to be the deepest in talent for quite some time.

lyall said:
I always feel sick when we discuss Tarrent coming to West Coast, this season we should look at drafting to try and keep our success going
I agree.

The guys a dodgy character, has the heart the size of a pea, HFF thats injury prone....not exactly someone you should throw the kitchen sink at.

the guy is a liability to our side , eddie had to beg him to return to footy a couple of years back remember?? he doesn't have the killer instinct required to become an AAA player at AFL level , we don't want players with poor motivation and body language they will just drag the team down!!

Better not happen. While Tarrant has ability, we would be better off trying to rehab gardiner into the team compared to recuiting this guy. Gardiner has more ability. That being said, get rid of gardiner and not recruit this guy.

Unless, trade Adkins back to collingwood

Big Man said:
If we got Taz for nought (as in 2 picks ) I'd go for it.

But Collingwood would want more so I cant see this trade happening.

Is Medhurst coming over?

If so Priddis would probably get traded to Freo.

Priddis Cannot be Traded he is a Rookie..

Gods_Son23 said:
Hope not medhurst, he is too inconsistent-We would be getting another sampi-plus i dont want a freo player on our team.

Medhurst is much, much better than Sampi.

Medhurst would be a fantastic addition. The only real thing the Eagles are lacking is a quality small forward. Sampi at his best will kick 2 or 3 goals in a game, and Armstrong has yet to impress anyone. We'd be looking at the next 3 flags if we had an elite small forward (i.e. Alan Didak). Medhurst is no Didak but he's shown he has the ability to really turn it on and kick bags. He's also shown he has the ability to turn it right off and go AWOL for games at a time. That's no different to Samps I guess, however when Medhurst is on, he beats Sampi hands down.

I don't like the idea of Tarrant. Lynch is a better option at full forward, and Hansen at CHF, so he'd be playing on a flank. We don't need an inconsisent half-forward flanker. We've got Staker.

We will not be getting Tarrant.

Mick probably asked Woosha to do him a favour and talk it up. It means Collingwood may be able to get more for him from another club due to perceived demand. Partial payback for us giving them Rintoul, Morrison and Williams.

Ruddiger said:
We will not be getting Tarrant.

Mick probably asked Woosha to do him a favour and talk it up. It means Collingwood may be able to get more for him from another club due to perceived demand. Partial payback for us giving them Rintoul, Morrison and Williams.
yeah, and fair call. rintoul, morrison and williams? we are historys greatest monsters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back