Toast Christensen: The new Diesel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot to admire about Bundy! I love this young man's heart & head, and I think he's become the substitute as my personal fave in the club (replacing Max Rooke).

Every time I see him getting yet another hard ball & distributing it to a team mate, I can hear him in his interview (after not getting an anticipated Rising Star nomination) saying: "It's just an award. I get to play for Geelong!"

Smart, strong, hard working & fearless = future Brownlow + a few Premiership Winner medallions.

Absolutely loved his game last night-I think Tommy Harley summed it up beautifully when he said that Christensen played like Rioli should have :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Rioli's never been as hard at the ball and in the contest as Bundy was last night.
Rioli is very silky and slimy (as in difficult to tackle), but he's not a hard nut as such.

What a great, courageous addition to the team. That's all I ask for in a young player. He has shown that and more

I dare say that this kid has the potential to turn out to be the best indigenous AFL player ever

A standout in an already elite team, Christensen has a bright future ahead of him

Hard to guess who will be the best of three - Duncan, Menzel or Christense.

With Christensen - he does look very good and with another pre-season behind him I expect he will improve even further than his already good standard set this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new Diesel?

Absolutely without question, a clone!

Got to agree there meto, though I am loathe to compare a young player like Bundy to a champion like Diesel ( or GAJ for that matter. ) Much more of a Diesel clone though....

Maybe in the future he will be so good we will call some young gun a Bundy clone one day. :thumbsu:

Bundy looks to be on the rise in his development as a footballer and found his draft quote very interesting :thumbsu:
Bolded is what caught the eye

Looks like he's going to be a genuine 200+ game champion.

Height: 176cm
Weight: 75kg
DOB: 19/05/91
Recruited from: Lara/Geelong Falcons
Bio: Prolific ball winner who amasses plenty of contested possessions. Sound decision-maker who is extremely clever around goals. Vic Country U18 representative in 2009.

Matt Burgan's draft rating: 10-25

In his own words
What type of player are you?
Good stoppage player who is able to create goals, a good decision maker under pressure and is a good ball winner.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Someone like Simon Black because he's a good stoppage player who gets possessions frequently.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Stoppages. Leadership. Decision making.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
My fitness levels. Burst speed. Left foot.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Essendon because Dad barracks for them and would go to games with him.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
Dad because he's always been there to tell me what's going on and he has taught me the way I play.

Coming into form and my supercoach is doing well as a result!

Noticing similarities to Selwood during this early part of the season, mainly due to a head collision/injury during pretty much every game. Goes hard at it!

Inside and outside players for the future are coming along nicely ATM though... Selwood and Bundy in the middle dishing it out to Motlop!

The new Diesel?

Absolutely without question, a clone!

Umm, doesn't remind me at all of Williams. Much leaner and infinitely quicker for a start.

Christensen has been fantastic, and I think will be an absolute gun, but Williams was a freak. Still probably the best midfielder I've ever seen (although Ablett is running him awful close now).

Umm, doesn't remind me at all of Williams. Much leaner and infinitely quicker for a start.

Christensen has been fantastic, and I think will be an absolute gun, but Williams was a freak. Still probably the best midfielder I've ever seen (although Ablett is running him awful close now).

Agree. Diesel was a freak, brilliant handballer and possession machine. Just willed himself to get the ball more than any one else. Ablett is delightful to watch, sheer class and brilliance. Time will tell which of those 2 is the best. Bundy is very, very good.

Bundy is not to Diesel's level but is getting there

Diesel was also a dirty bastard.... Bundy is not..... yet

Go Catters...

IMG_1294_%28360x480%29.jpg

As long as the photo has attached correctly, he *looks* a lot like a less muscular Diesel... but you're right, he doesn't really play like him. He's a good in and under player, but doesn't have the same tank, isn't built like one, and is much faster and probably better in the air.

What he said ^

Besides, Deisel could deliver a mean right to the solar plexus.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back