Toast Christensen: The new Diesel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two flags is a bit optimistic! You referring to 91, 92 or 93 for the second one?

Also, need to be aware that with Diesel in the way, Couch may have never reached the heights he did.

Good point on the second point for sure.
First point, really Cats were a BIG shot for all 3 of those (91 I dont remember much of tho, 92 could it be argued Blight and/or a change of thinking lost that and 93 easily the best side in the comp but missed the finals and if not for 2 or 3 close loses, or the Saints smashing, we could of made finals and likely of gone ALONG way).

He has Bartel's ability of getting himself KO'd (or close to it), which is a bit of a worry long term.
Another point of difference as it was Deisel who generally delivered the KO.:)

On serious note, regular head injuries are a concern. Something I'm sure the AFL medicos are looking at.

Two flags is a bit optimistic! You referring to 91, 92 or 93 for the second one?

Also, need to be aware that with Diesel in the way, Couch may have never reached the heights he did.

91 for sure. Were you at that finals series?

Nope - Better

I have been saying it since the first three games that I saw him play (most of them as sub). This kid is the pick of the lot and I don't think we appreciate just how good he can be.

Hard, Fast, Skilful and can play inside and outside..... perhaps in need of a bit more polish but that will come. His GF is testament to being able to stand up in the big moments (check out that little inside snap to Selwood in the 2nd quarter when we were three down and also of course that mark in the third between two pies!).

Just delivers in spades!

Sky is the limit for Bundy, will start getting tagged soon, be interesting to see how he copes with that.

What a load of rubbish Gaz.
That post is a ground breaker for over the top, ridiculous posts.
Congrats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of rubbish Gaz.
That post is a ground breaker for over the top, ridiculous posts.
Congrats.
Don't take it literally - of course Diesel is a champion of the game and well advanced of Christensen.....i just think people are still not across just how good Bundy has been.

His year last year surpasses any of Bartels, Abletts, SJ's, Kelly's and would rank equal of Selwoods in my opinion. I actually would have Bundy's first 30 games (what is he up to now...27?) ahead of Selwoods for impact and performance and that is saying a hell of a lot.

Has a very real and profound influence on every game he plays at the moment. Superstar!

Very good player, to go to the next level I would like him to work harder in the gym and on the training track. Not saying he is lazy but he needs a bigger physique. Can’t help his height but he can get a lot stronger.

I am thinking here of Daniel Kerr, who is a similar height and player. Though can mix it with anyone in the clinches.

As good as Christensen is, he is not physically big enough to be a ruck rover, week in week out in the modern game.

While he is this weight, there is a ceiling on what he can achieve in the game.

Don't take it literally - of course Diesel is a champion of the game and well advanced of Christensen.....i just think people are still not across just how good Bundy has been.

His year last year surpasses any of Bartels, Abletts, SJ's, Kelly's and would rank equal of Selwoods in my opinion. I actually would have Bundy's first 30 games (what is he up to now...27?) ahead of Selwoods for impact and performance and that is saying a hell of a lot.

Has a very real and profound influence on every game he plays at the moment. Superstar!
yeah i'll go with that

Very good player, to go to the next level I would like him to work harder in the gym and on the training track. Not saying he is lazy but he needs a bigger physique. Can’t help his height but he can get a lot stronger.

I am thinking here of Daniel Kerr, who is a similar height and player. Though can mix it with anyone in the clinches.

As good as Christensen is, he is not physically big enough to be a ruck rover, week in week out in the modern game.

While he is this weight, there is a ceiling on what he can achieve in the game.

Disagree, he is tearing games apart now and showing no signs of being physically ill equipped. Core strength in the mould of an Ablett would possibly help, but I would hate him to loose any of his agility and side step through traffic. Daniel Kerr is a great likeness...in fact, you are spot on.

Good point on the second point for sure.
First point, really Cats were a BIG shot for all 3 of those (91 I dont remember much of tho, 92 could it be argued Blight and/or a change of thinking lost that and 93 easily the best side in the comp but missed the finals and if not for 2 or 3 close loses, or the Saints smashing, we could of made finals and likely of gone ALONG way).

'91 they were a chance until Brownless did his hamstring (and got suspended). Realistically they were never going to win after that.

'92 you can attribute a huge part of that to Blight's match day incompetence. '93 they roared home, but don't forget the players basically had to tell Blight they weren't playing to their strengths - something the coach apparently couldn't see himself.

So glad that part of our history has gone.

stats can sometimes be misleading, was surprised to see the AFL website only had the 18 disposals but his game yesterday was brilliant, he was 1st for clearances and gathered 9 contested possessions, had 5 clangers which is a little unusual for Bundy but that 2nd half was simply superb :thumbsu:

Happy to admit I had him either as sub or out of the side for Rd 1 based on his (and other's) pre-seasons but he had a good game yesterday.

And lets be honest, in these situations it is always nice to be wrong.

stats can sometimes be misleading, was surprised to see the AFL website only had the 18 disposals but his game yesterday was brilliant, he was 1st for clearances and gathered 9 contested possessions, had 5 clangers which is a little unusual for Bundy but that 2nd half was simply superb :thumbsu:

Varcoe had 13-14 possessions but was considered among the best......was that misleading also??

I'd say when they had to step up they both did, that's why the numbers didn't count that much, at least not this time because it was a game of two halves.

Varcoe had 13-14 possessions but was considered among the best......was that misleading also??

I'd say when they had to step up they both did, that's why the numbers didn't count that much, at least not this time because it was a game of two halves.

misleading?
Not at all, Varcoe has always averaged those kind of numbers but he provides so much more which you seem to have ignored throughout most of his career...things like drawing two opponents to a contest which allows Selwood, Johnson or Kelly to find space, giving chase to a player with the ball even though it appears to be a lost cause, his one handed taps and toe pokes which makes something out of nothing or the ability to consistently do something brilliant when Geelong desperately needs it.

The only difference, is he's now fully fit and seems to be over his earlier shoulder (and recent foot) injuries and can finally become the brilliant footballer the Geelong hierarchy thought he may become.

Re: Christensen: The new Diesal?

As I said in another thread, he did more in half a game that most of the Melbourne team did in the entire match today.
And whilst on that theme and picking up your heading - Watts could be the new desal. A huge investment, but looks like a wasted and unnecessary dud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back