List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep pick 1. Make Port pay a lot for a highly regarded pick 1 from last year. It's not your problem how they get that capital, their the ones poaching a contracted and wanted player.

Yeah, it is what I prefer happens. In every trade, no matter how you try and massage it, Port just isn't putting in enough. The latest ones have us losing JHF and 1 for 2 and 3, not sure how that works given GWS was meant to be paying 3+12 for 1. The common denominator is clubs taking unders because Port isn't coughing up enough.

They should either do a straight swap with us for JHF or pay a premium to the eagles to get pick 2. But, it isn't our problem how they go about getting the currency. It would be like the premier saying you have to take 18 and a future 1st because that is all we have, that isn't how it works. You have to go get the currency. Port hasn't made one trade to improve their hand.

Yeah, it is what I prefer happens. In every trade, no matter how you try and massage it, Port just isn't putting in enough. The latest ones have us losing JHF and 1 for 2 and 3, not sure how that works given GWS was meant to be paying 3+12 for 1. The common denominator is clubs taking unders because Port isn't coughing up enough.

They should either do a straight swap with us for JHF or pay a premium to the eagles to get pick 2. But, it isn't our problem how they go about getting the currency. It would be like the premier saying you have to take 18 and a future 1st because that is all we have, that isn't how it works. You have to go get the currency. Port hasn't made one trade to improve their hand.
Yep

All they seem willing to put in is 8 and the remnants of 27 (33,43,53) and their future 1st.

They’ve reportedly asked the AFL for permission to use a future 2nd as well which helps but their reluctance/refusal to trade out a player(s) is holding up this deal because they’re simply not giving up fair value

Thinking they can also get a contracted Ratugolea out of Geelong as well is just them being dickheads

I'm in a position now where i cant comment on where i think players will go due to a vested interest however there is 2 players people are mentioning for 10-20 that may go top 10.

GC if they are genuinely only taking one pick are 50/50 on two players.

Hawks i have no knowledge of as it stands their top 2 targets from a couple of weeks ago are almost certainly gone.

One team and i cant comment on but a surprise people don't expect may be coming.

None of that would surprise me.

Three names: Hollands, Hotten and Hayes I would not be surprised if all or any of these are off the board in the first 10 ( particularly the first two names ).

GC have made no secret of the fact that they would love to pair the Hollands brothers together at their Club, so it would not be a shock if he was called at pick 5 that they get from Adelaide.

I'm in a position now where i cant comment on where i think players will go due to a vested interest however there is 2 players people are mentioning for 10-20 that may go top 10.

GC if they are genuinely only taking one pick are 50/50 on two players.

Hawks i have no knowledge of as it stands their top 2 targets from a couple of weeks ago are almost certainly gone.

One team and i cant comment on but a surprise people don't expect may be coming.
WCE_toddy?

Also if we do split picks we have 5 sub 30 picks this year coming in to join Chesser, Hough, Bazzo, JWilliams and Culley from last year.

That would make 10 players 20 and under on our list going into 2023 all but one (Williams) of which will have been taken under pick 37 in their respective drafts

You can then see why we’ve kept some of the older heads like Naitanui, Hurn and Shuey around to help these kids through
If 8 of those 10 end up as best 22 then we've pretty much finished the rebuild. The success rate probably won't be that high but most will have been taken with picks under 35 - so that might increase the odds.

If 8 of those 10 end up as best 22 then we've pretty much finished the rebuild. The success rate probably won't be that high but most will have been taken with picks under 35 - so that might increase the odds.
If you're trying to rebuild to be the next ninthmond. Nowhere near enough top end young talent in that list to say the rebuild would be finished

Biased/incompetent media coverage

The replies of Godfather32 and Bender were the best
Oooo my god that's amazing.

I love how he has wandered onto another team's board, found a fairly innocuous comment about commentary in a match that didn't involve his team and the tirade just slowly escalates into a complete rant about throwing in football.

If you're trying to rebuild to be the next ninthmond. Nowhere near enough top end young talent in that list to say the rebuild would be finished
What would be missing? Our KPP stocks are pretty good for another 4 seasons (will need a Darling replacement by then). Yeah, we need a new ruck but a serviceable one won't be hard to get.

We'll re-stock the mids in this draft and have been re-stocking the HBF.

Sure, we still need to find players in subsequent drafts so we don't collapse once Darling/Yeo/Kelly/Sheed/TB retire - but we've got time up our sleeve for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be missing? Our KPP stocks are pretty good for another 4 seasons (will need a Darling replacement by then). Yeah, we need a new ruck but a serviceable one won't be hard to get.

We'll re-stock the mids in this draft and have been re-stocking the HBF.

Sure, we still need to find players in subsequent drafts so we don't collapse once Darling/Yeo/Kelly/Sheed/TB retire - but we've got time up our sleeve for that.
Top end talent, especially in the midfield.
If we drop back and take the WA midfielders we'll still be lacking genuine game winning mids, because I don't think those two are going to be great. Good, solid players yes but not in the top echelon

Top end talent, especially in the midfield.
If we drop back and take the WA midfielders we'll still be lacking genuine game winning mids, because I don't think those two are going to be great. Good, solid players yes but not in the top echelon
I'm no draft watcher, but from what I've heard on this board, the top end talent is a bit thin in the midfield this year. As in, there is no standout mid to take with pick 2.

It sounds like there's a bunch of good ones that will be there in the first 10-15 selections. That's why I'd rather have pick 8 and 12, with 15/19 to pick up any sliders.

I'm no draft watcher, but from what I've heard on this board, the top end talent is a bit thin in the midfield this year. As in, there is no standout mid to take with pick 2.

It sounds like there's a bunch of good ones that will be there in the first 10-15 selections. That's why I'd rather have pick 8 and 12, with 15/19 to pick up any sliders.
Yeah, not arguing that. But you can't just trade down grab, a bunch of solid but not spectacular guys and say jobs done, which was your point about the rebuild being over.
To compete for a flag you need genuine top end talent, even with all these picks we're likely still going to be missing some of that. Rebuild's not done until we add some more AA level guys imo

Yeah, not arguing that. But you can't just trade down grab, a bunch of solid but not spectacular guys and say jobs done, which was your point about the rebuild being over.
To compete for a flag you need genuine top end talent, even with all these picks we're likely still going to be missing some of that. Rebuild's not done until we add some more AA level guys imo
Yeah - I was probably a bit gung ho there. My ideal scenario is that we grab 5 in the top 30 in this draft, start getting games into them in 2023 but still finish bottom 4. Hit that draft hard and use trade/free agency to round out any gaps (Logan mcdonald/Tim English etc).

Yeah - I was probably a bit gung ho there. My ideal scenario is that we grab 5 in the top 30 in this draft, start getting games into them in 2023 but still finish bottom 4. Hit that draft hard and use trade/free agency to round out any gaps (Logan mcdonald/Tim English etc).
Yeah agree with all of that, seems like that's the way it's going to go down as well with any luck.

Look i understanding trading back for two first round picks, but Wardlaw and Cadman have AA potential. We really cant lose with either.
While I’d love to say that same, the same was said about Shache in 2015 (amongst a bevy of others). Cadman makes me nervous. Wardlaw does not. If Wardlaw goes at 1, were it me, we’d trade back to 3 with GWS, then trade back to 5 or 6 with Essendon/Hawks (whoever wants Sheezel the most), pocket a couple of future picks or this year’s 2nds, and go from there.

While I’d love to say that same, the same was said about Shache in 2015 (amongst a bevy of others). Cadman makes me nervous. Wardlaw does not. If Wardlaw goes at 1, were it me, we’d trade back to 3 with GWS, then trade back to 5 or 6 with Essendon/Hawks (whoever wants Sheezel the most), pocket a couple of future picks or this year’s 2nds, and go from there.

I’d go the next years second rounders as a preference over this years lot. We seemingly could/should have enough reasonable picks this year.

All dependent on what our final draft hand looks like.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

No point trading out blue chip top 3 pick for multiple picks in the 10-20 range. We clearly are going to be bottom 4 for next 3 years. Bring in 3 match winners, complemented by some quality 2nd round picks, a trade and a couple of free agency picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back