Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide's list manager David Noble just said on 5AA that Tippett is staying next season.

Cheers, probably ends that discussion for this year. Though who knows in trade week.

Maybe we move on to Beams now.

Cheers, probably ends that discussion for this year.

Well, yes and no. It actually kinda sounded like Tippett may have been interested, forcing them to put the hard word on Tippett saying "You're contracted, hence you're staying". Not exactly an ideal situation for the Crows. He certainly didn't make any effort to deny the existence of 'the clause' either.

I was very skeptical about the whole thing, but funnily enough, having heard that, now I actually think it is a possibility, albeit remote.

Perhaps might be something we revisit next year, also depending on how we draft this year. I wish i could just avoid all this trade week BS, we should just skip to the end, give us a list of what has happened and be done with it.

Well, yes and no. It actually kinda sounded like Tippett may have been interested, forcing them to put the hard word on Tippett saying "You're contracted, hence you're staying". Not exactly an ideal situation for the Crows. He certainly didn't make any effort to deny the existence of 'the clause' either.

I was very skeptical about the whole thing, but funnily enough, having heard that, now I actually think it is a possibility, albeit remote.

Well at least it took our minds of the Clark saga for a couple of days & kept the Freo posters at bay. That can't be a bad thing!

Me too. The downgrade of 7 picks for the sake of getting a CHB? Where do I sign?
LOL Actual I believe that what WA supports fail to realise is that the lions want a tall (esp someone who can ruck) in any trade for Clark. That is why I think if the dockers want to keep Clarke & co they will not get the trade done. With the eagles abundance of the right type of player I believe they are the front runners for Clark.

The big question that WCE should consider in drafting Clark (Not talking about the trade itself or monetary requirements) is:

Would Mitch Clark be in our best 22 ?

The answer for most would be an overwhelming yes.

The rest would take care of itself ie who makes way for Clark in the starting 22. Obviously pre-season form, injuries etc come into play. But I can see him being ahead of at least Q.Lynch to start with.

It reminds me of the Lion's policy when we picked up at Leuey at no 4. They probably didn't need to pick up a ruckman that year, as they seemingly had an abundance of them.

However Leuey fitted the policy of "Best player available" at 4. Mitch Clark will be one of the best, if not the best, player available during Trade Week.

Leuey did not fit into this policy, Joel Selwood was always rated better and Brisbane got it wrong. Second best player available I'll be fine with

Strangely, I also feel more confident that there's a chance of Tippett heading to us after that interview. Everything sounded like he wanted to come but they said no, and, well, if we offer enough, or he is persistent enough... Next week needs to hurry up.

Leuey did not fit into this policy, Joel Selwood was always rated better and Brisbane got it wrong. Second best player available I'll be fine with

I think you might be overlooking some pretty big injury concerns.

I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing. But gee I'm glad now that Lueuy is playing for us.

And given our list where it is at, with a dearth of quality rucks, I would still pick Lueuy today over Selwood. Selwood is a wonderful player no doubt.

Just my opinion! Others may disagree.

Strangely, I also feel more confident that there's a chance of Tippett heading to us after that interview. Everything sounded like he wanted to come but they said no, and, well, if we offer enough, or he is persistent enough... Next week needs to hurry up.

Agreed.

Lets be frank about this....David Noble wouldnt say anything else apart from the fact Tippett is staying. Period.

Thats the message he has to send the football public and in particular the crows supporter base, right now.

But, its AFL footy and we know clubs tend to lie, deny and hide things. Oh, and contracts mean nothing these days, as Mark Harvey and others know only too well.

Lets c what unfolds in trade week......but I wouldnt for one second assume a Tippett deal is now completely off the table.

Agreed.

Lets be frank about this....David Noble wouldnt say anything else apart from the fact Tippett is staying. Period.

Thats the message he has to send the football public and in particular the crows supporter base, right now.

But, its AFL footy and we know clubs tend to lie, deny and hide things. Oh, and contracts mean nothing these days, as Mark Harvey and others know only too well.

Lets c what unfolds in trade week......but I wouldnt for one second assume a Tippett deal is now completely off the table.

Yere it's a bit of a mystery. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Why would the Lions make such a public stance about trying to lure Tippett if there was absolutely no chance ? They must have had some hint or inkling that a deal could be done. This from a club who rarely discusses contracts in the public arena.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely we can add the talent of Hawksley and Collier...and Buchanan to the mix.. to get the Tippett trade over the line..all really good required players !! get em while theyre hot! and steamy! lol

surely we can add the talent of Hawksley and Collier...and Buchanan to the mix.. to get the Tippett trade over the line..all really good required players !! get em while theyre hot! and steamy! lol

Fine, but if they offer Maguire, I'm out. Goose is the heart and soul of this club

Also on 5aa this afternoon Peter Rhode said quite clearly Port would not trade pick 6 at all and want to keep it to hopefully draft Wingard. Expect to get Griffin or another Mature Age Ruckman for a 2nd, 3rd rounder

Wow, he expressly named Wingard?

Sorry wasn't quoting exact words but he showed strong interest and 'hoped' he would be around at pick 6 but wasn't counting on it. He was quite definite in his position of not trading no 6, which makes it interesting as to what they will give to get Ebert from WC.

Exciting that names like Beams and Tippett are being thrown around...just hard to see it happening.

Imagine if we could get both....wowsers!!

Tippett pretty much ruled out today with the club saying he will be playing next year.. but who knows! thinking about our list next year has cost me many hours of sleep i just want trade week done and dusted so i can relax!
:thumbsu:

Exciting that names like Beams and Tippett are being thrown around...just hard to see it happening.

Imagine if we could get both....wowsers!!

I reckon beams is worth between picks 10-12 ( just my Opinion:))

How about Beams trade for Sheldon and pick 16(from Freo). If we are lucky sheldon might upgrade the pick 16's worth to 14 or 15 maybe lol

or

Picks 16 and 30 for Beams ???

SOrry thought I was on the trading thread :p

Re: 2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk)

Not going to bother putting this in the news thread, as there's nothing ground-breaking in it, but there are a bunch of direct quotes from Lyon:

"(Clark) is a power forward that we've been linked with [but] there's a lot of speculation and I think it's remiss of me to go into an area," he said.

"Trade week doesn't start until next Monday. Up until then it's all posturing through the media, player managers, alternate clubs and lots of opinions.

"It's all conjecture, so there's nothing tangible to report on."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back