Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what sort of midfielder is Masten? I haven't paid much attention.

Plays onball but started to pick up the HFF too. Elite hands (creative handballs), zippy but lacking a little size still.

Kicking gets knocked based on 2010 when no Eagle could kick but he's a good kicker these days.

Greater runner too, talks up his fitness when he has a chance.

I strongly doubt we'll part with him.

Plays onball but started to pick up the HFF too. Elite hands (creative handballs), zippy but lacking a little size still.

Kicking gets knocked based on 2010 when no Eagle could kick but he's a good kicker these days.

Greater runner too, talks up his fitness when he has a chance.

He played very well against us this year.

You seem to have an abundance of midfielders that you can rotate through the midfield. I'd be surprised if you traded him too. But if you're getting Mitch Clark, you need to give some quality. Especially when your first pick is in the 20's.

And by the way, wouldn't you just love to gazump Freo by grabbing big Mitch ?

If we got Masten and he replicated similar form to the game he played against us in round 23 consistently, he would be a fantastic get, but I suppose therein lies the issue, can he do it consistently?

From memory Masten has had a few minor off-field issues. And I believe he originates from Perth.

IMO the pieces don't fit in terms of him being a likely trade.

From memory Masten has had a few minor off-field issues. And I believe he originates from Perth.

IMO the pieces don't fit in terms of him being a likely trade.

And he thinks a Hitler moustache is fashionable.

He played very well against us this year.

You seem to have an abundance of midfielders that you can rotate through the midfield. I'd be surprised if you traded him too. But if you're getting Mitch Clark, you need to give some quality. Especially when your first pick is in the 20's.

And by the way, wouldn't you just love to gazump Freo by grabbing big Mitch ?

I'd love to get Mitch but I'm pretty sure we don't have what it takes.

You're right though, if we were to get Clark it would take some trading. I just hope you get plenty out of Freo.

And yes, consistency is the big thing for Masten. He gets some leeway due to injury but it's time to start delivering.

Me too. There is a certain air of arrogance/smugness emanating from their camp. It is almost Carltonesque. Maybe it is just on BF.

Freo not contacting Kerr suggests they are trying to force us into a panic situation by the end of trade week.

Freo not contacting Kerr suggests they are trying to force us into a panic situation by the end of trade week.

That's the impression I get too. And another from Clark's manager, expecting the deal to be signed off on Monday. Yere give us Pick 38...that will do us.

It's going to be a very long week for Mitch if Freo don't take this seriously.

Does everyone agree that pick 16 isn't quite enough for Clark ?

If freo just offered us pick 38 then we can just go to WCE and ask for pick 23 and maybe they'd give us M.Brown as well:thumbsu:

not being negative, can't wait for 2012, hawksley handballs to stiller, stiller kicks to raines on the wing. Raines takes a bounce, gets clear from a amon bump, kicks long (as usual doesn't hit target), sheldon trips over, eventually knocks the ball to rich who picks the ball and kicks a behind ;) so close

wth???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know before the Ebert decision, I would of called BS on this. However these days - Ebert gone, Kerr you would think will miss some games ....Masten's main frustration is not knowing his place in the squad.

Could it be more about wanting Lyon's input on the list and seeing if the Griffin deal is likely? We get 28 and it becomes easier to deal 16.

Though granted it does seem strange that we have made no contact at all.

At a minimum we should be driving up the price WC play ;)

The trade will go through fine as long as you guys don't show up at the trade table. ;)

Cool, we'll leave you two alone then.

I think one of the issues will be that WC and Port could potentially be caught in a pissing contest over Ebert, they may want to know they have that compo locked in before committing to the Clark deal.

Port will be hard to deal with as they have the upper hand in he is uncontracted and they have pick 2 in the PSD .....if that goes down to the wire, it leaves less time to the deal.

I think we may be in the same boat with Griff, I have a feeling Port wont be keen to deal with us until they know what is happening with Ebert.

Looks like Port will become a player or a roadblock.

I would much rather Mitch Brown over Luke McGuane.

Think we should be aiming for Tippett to replace Clark and Mitch Brown to be the second strong body to Merrett in defence. Clearly goose can't play that role and who knows about McGuane (haven't seen enough of him to make a solid judgement).

Wouldn't look bad having this line-up:
FB - Merrett
CHB - M. Brown
CHF - Tippett
FF - J. Brown

Does anyone else wish they had the day off tomorrow to follow trade news? I know not much happens day 1, but still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back