Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look theres no doubt that we are potentially being dicks but as you said we're not exactly about to offer top value on day 1 as Brisbane will then try to squeeze that.

I went to buy a painting in Thailand, 2500 Baht he wanted (about $80-$85).

I laughed and offered something equally insulting at a muc lower price of 300 Baht.

He laughed and thought i was crazy, I thought he was crazy.

We settled at 800 Baht.

I thought i got the best of it, but in negotiations you dont exactly sign the papers on first offer.

That is a stupid example. In this case, the 'item' for sale in Clark actually has a value. Offering a rediculous low offer on your end doesn't mean we meet in the middle which is below his actual value. If this was Thailand, much like the shop keepers, we would have a higher starting price on him knowing he will settle for his true value at a lower price.

If we are dealing in Thailand talk, Clark will cost you pick 16, Fyfe and Clarke. Barter away.

Well the difference is the painting didnt have a say in the matter!

Plus there wasnt any genuine other offers, so someone bidding over what I offered wasnt ever really going to happen.

Freo need to get up with the times....there attitude to date is more based around mid 90s thinking, when they entered the AFL.

They want Clark. But, in doing so, dont want to part with too much. Period.

Dosent work. Wont work. Why?

The lions wont be seen as a piss weak club and accept rubbish for Clark. We would be better served sending him in the PSD than receive rubbish for him. It would send a message to the rest of our team. The club is bigger than the player. We cant be walked all over by another AFL club.

In this scenario, we could also convince him to stay than take his chances in PSD. We also have a pick before you guys in the PSD- suddenly we are in the drivers seat...

Personally, I hope the eagles land him...they seem to know its 2011 rather than 1995.

If we are dealing in Thailand talk, Clark will cost you pick 16, Fyfe and Clarke. Barter away.

Or, we could say we want a top 10 draft pick and whatever else. Now the fact Freo don't have a top 10 pick is not our problem, it is up to them to find it, be it through another club, or offer something commensurate to its worth. We haven't done that. We have gone on record numerous times and said pick 16 by itself is not enough...so what do Freo do, offer pick 16 by itself...so who are being dicks about this trade?:rolleyes:

Even if you get Clark for pick 16 and be it the compo pick or another player, IMO, Freo still come out miles in front considering Clark's massive upside and I suspect Freo and its fans know that, yet continually play it down and blab on about not really needing him etc etc.

A few trade ideas assuming WC actually want Clark...any of these sound fair/tickle anyone's fancy?

• Clark + 27 <------> Swift + Brown + 22.
  • Clark + 27 <------> Swift + Masten + 22.
  • Clark + 27 <------> Swift + Masten (if above is asking too much?)
  • Clark + 27 <------> Lycett + 22 (maybe 30 or 34 not 27?)
  • Clark + 27 <------> Lycett + Swift
And the much more likely

• Clark <------> Swift + 22
As I mentioned earlier I like the idea of offloading one of 27, 30 or 34 as it could help us get some quality in and we have 3 picks around that range anyway so it's not that big a loss IMO.

Thanks for any feedback. Love trade week :p.

A few trade ideas assuming WC actually want Clark...any of these sound fair/tickle anyone's fancy?

And the much more likely

As I mentioned earlier I like the idea of offloading one of 27, 30 or 34 as it could help us get some quality in and we have 3 picks around that range anyway so it's not that big a loss IMO.

The top 5 suggestions are all top notch. The way you throw Gold Coast's pick 27 into the equation without their consent is a cunning strategy and a huge win for us. :thumbsu:

Wow talk about responses to my crap example, like that is something I was serious about.

I was just stating the obvious in that parties will have their ideals and meet somewhere you'd think near the middle. Where they start is going to be at opposite ends obviously.

Id love him at club, but if WCE outbid us then best of luck to them.

You might not bend over, and good on your club for standing its ground. Nothing wrong with Freo supporters hoping to get this at bargain basement prices.

And the much more likely

Masten is interesting...but with Ebert on his way I couldn't see the eagles letting him go too- 2 players out of there midfield rotation.

Lycett would be of interest, big wraps on him. Could work with another mature player- maybe with the assistance of another club and our 2nd/3rd round draft pick- Mcguane from Richmond?

Hasn't Swift already had a couple of knee recos?

And the much more likely

I'd happily take any of those. Let's face it, we are most likely going to lose Clark. Yes he wants to go to Fremantle.

But if fremantle don't want to make an offer that the football club deem acceptable, then they should explore the other options. The football club is bigger than the player, so if Clark ends up not at his preferred destination, then who cares, he walked out, the football club should do what's best for the club. They are losing a valuable asset, they require a valuable asset/assets in return. Regardless of which club is willing to supply them.

Also could throw dallziel into any of the trades, which is quite possible.

Freo's reputation within the AFL community is taking a smashing and if they don't smarten up they will be the joke of the comp regardless of on field results

...Add Ross Lyon to the mix....:p

so everyone takes the piss out of us for our past trading and when we stand up to you you crack the shits . to be honest i couldn't really care if we get clark or not .but the fact is he wants to come to freo not wc, bond won't take your shit so you will probably get nothing for him and he goes to the psd where we will get him

so everyone takes the piss out of us for our past trading and when we stand up to you you crack the shits . to be honest i couldn't really care if we get clark or not .but the fact is he wants to come to freo not wc, bond won't take your shit so you will probably get nothing for him and he goes to the psd where we will get him

Your a good kid.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the irony! If you don't really care if you want him, why are you so eager for us to drop him into the PSD so that you can take him? Other clubs will be on the hunt before you are. :rolleyes:

Some advice if I may, dd. You may think that, but don't type it. Especially on the Brisbane board. You'll be more than welcome to type in in our own Clark thread, though.

Should rubber stamp PSD on your forehead.

(Cough)...One problem with that...Kerr has stated Clark is still a required player and if a trade cant be done he will remain on our list.. .we have a pick before Freo in the PSD.

LINK

Kerr said that based on day one discussions, it appeared a "reasonable possibility" that Clark would be a Lion in 2012.

"If a deal's not done, then Mitch is a required player at Brisbane, and we'll be doing our best to retain him from then on," he said.

A reminder to Freo supporters to stop threatening us with the PSD. We've heard it all before and don't don't want to be go through all that argy bargy nonsense again.

I hope that there isn't a similar number of Brisbane fans running riot on the Fremantle page.

@freocuz no source needed bud its common knowledge... Mark harvey is enough really if i was a freo supporter i'd be pissed off that they arn't being even semi serious. They just have a general disrespect for everyone they deal with... I hope freo become as irrelevant as port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back