Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious trade suggestions are what makes Big Footy worth reading.

Seriously, Mitch Clark is a good player, but when doing a trade you have to consider not simply a player's ability, but their ability relative to whomever they displace from the 22 (and in that particular position on the field). I don't think he provides tremendous value above and beyond whomever he would displace from our current best side. I believe that Mitch Clark is worth pick 16 + Duffield (EDIT: + more), but I do not believe that he is worth that much to Fremantle.

I would be very happy to get cheaply or via PSD, but not perturbed if we don't get him at all.

About as terrible as Docker man's suggestion. sarcasm?

Aye.

Interesting to hear Bond say that progress has been made and Kerr say no progress has been made. That tells me that stalling is all part of Freo's strategy.

Brisbane would be nuts to trade for Mitch Brown. Guy just had two major operations and wont start pre season till late January. This is off the back of a knee reco and 3 shoulder reconstructions. Hes a good player but hes made out of paper. Swift is a much better get then Mitch Brown would be and that is coming from one of Mitch Browns biggest fans. ATM he is just too risky of a pick up.

Mitch Brown is a very good player when not injured. He wasn't injured for the last half of the season but he has basically been injured every season since coming to the Eagles.

Need him to replace Glass when he retires so we wont be trading him.

@ Brisbane fans. Where do you see Clark fitting into our structure next year considering we have Lynch(possible GWS signing), Kennedy then Cox, Naitanui and Lycett who we are playing forward in the WAFL.

In the ruck in my eyes it would be. Cox>Naitanui>>>Clark>Lycett(Was talked about as the second best ruckman in the draft last year)

Forward goes. Kennedy at FF>Lynch at CHF>Clark at CHF>Lycett>FF

Just wondering as I don't watch many Brisbane games but have seen some Brisbane supporters say Clark need room to roam(CHF/Ruck) and is rubbish at FF. So where would you see him in our team ? Would his output be either better or close to Lynch at CHF ?

Is all Rob Kerr. Voss will have minimal involvement in trade week just like in 2009. Its all list managers at this time of the year rather than the coaches. coaches will give an idea as to what type of players they are interested in but at the end of the day what they pay and who they pick up is largely in control of the list management team which thankfully this year and last is led by Rob Kerr.

no co-incidence our improvement at the trade table came last year when he came on board and gubby left. Got dealt a tough hand last year but came up with the goods, lets hope he does as well this year.

Aye.

Interesting to hear Bond say that progress has been made and Kerr say no progress has been made. That tells me that stalling is all part of Freo's strategy.

Bond: You guys bring the Tim Tams for tomorrow's negotiations and we'll bring the Iced Vovos.
Kerr: Make them Monte Carlos.
Bond: What about an Arnott's assorted creams?
Kerr: Deal

Just wondering as I don't watch many Brisbane games but have seen some Brisbane supporters say Clark need room to roam(CHF/Ruck) and is rubbish at FF. So where would you see him in our team ? Would his output be either better or close to Lynch at CHF ?

would have him ahead of Lynch to be honest. Lynch's bombs from outside 50 are handy but i think Mitch gives more around the ground. I would see him playing slightly higher HF moving up to the wing. Is very good aerobically for such a big man so Subi would certainly suit his style of play given its vast expanses. Wouldn't say rubbish at full forwad, showed what he is capable of against adelaide this year playing FF. Still his aerobic capacity and ability to get round the ground is a little wasted at FF in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is West Coast still a chance for Clark? Wouldn't mind getting over Swift and/or Masten, both have talent and a change of scenery could do them good.

Is something like...Clark + 29 for Swift, Masten and 22 feasible? Too one-sided? Which side?

Unlikely I know but still.

From that same article:

:eek:

Wonder what else there might be? Obviously Hudson and maybe Mcguane, but is there anything else on the table?

(dreaming) Beams and Tippett, Beams and Tippett, Beams and Tippett

Fairytales DO happen in real life.

would have him ahead of Lynch to be honest. Lynch's bombs from outside 50 are handy but i think Mitch gives more around the ground. I would see him playing slightly higher HF moving up to the wing. Is very good aerobically for such a big man so Subi would certainly suit his style of play given its vast expanses. Wouldn't say rubbish at full forwad, showed what he is capable of against adelaide this year playing FF. Still his aerobic capacity and ability to get round the ground is a little wasted at FF in my opinion.

Cheers mate. Lynch has actually lost a bit of kicking distance I think:(

He has huge potential Clark and I would like to see us play him ahead of Lynch for youth. Problem is we are a big chance at a premiership so only the best team can be selected regardless of age.

Is West Coast still a chance for Clark? Wouldn't mind getting over Swift and/or Masten, both have talent and a change of scenery could do them good.

Is something like...Clark + 29 for Swift, Masten and 22 feasible? Too one-sided? Which side?

Seems doable not sure you need the 29 and two of our midfielders though.

Clark for 22 + Swift/Masten/Brown (depending on trades possibility).

We wouldn't do that. Masten has just started showing what he is capable of in the middle and Swift finds the ball but is useless at kicking. Some talk on our board that Swift is being offered up with a pick for Clark.

We won't want to lose these two because we need midfield depth. We had a dream run with injuries and will probably never happen again so we need them young players.

Here's an option out of left field what about Pick 16 and Palmers compo pick for Clark and pick 8? IMO would be the best deal Brisbane is likely to get and would also be a win for Freo.

Have you lost your mind? Hitting the sauce a bit hard or something?

What is Mitch Clarks tackling like? A very important aspect in our new set up. I always thought he was a good tackler for a tall bloke. One side of his game that impressed when he was the main ruckman was it not?

In 2009 Clark was an aggressive monster. He is very, very athletic for his size and if his head is in the right place you'll see a great return tackling wise I'd wager.

He would be different than Lynch, but the output would be better for taking you guys forward I think. If you let him roam at CHF he'll pick up a lot of the ball and kick goals. If you can try to watch our first game against Adelaide this year, Clark roamed up the ground and had a blinder (kicked 2 or 3 goals I think, can't remember which). I think you'll find that most Lion's fans love Clark when he is up and about, his head has obviously just not been right in the past couple of years.

Doesn't sound too bad to be honest, I just don't know if West Coast would want to give up Masten when I seriously think about it. Would rather Rosa than Swift personally.

Great to see the club taking a stand. 16 + a fringe player is a fair deal in a weak draft, or 22 + a decent player from West Coast. If he wants to go home we'll have to be prepared to get a little bit under what we would normally get but I think both of those deals are fair.

Now that's a good trade.

Is it too early to start the bandwagon? :D

Still needs plenty of work ZoBlitz.

p4pb2298727.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back