Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Clark should go to west coast for Scott Lycett + pick 22 + pick upgrades. I'm angry that Freo are not even offering pick 16. The west coast offer we get a replacement for Clark and at the same time tell Freo to 'GET STUFFED'. Plus Scott Lycett is a Brisbane Lions supporter. These should be considered because he would want to play for Bribane hence the go home factor will have less of an effect.
Read this bio I got of him from http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102234/default.aspx:
Height: 202cm
Weight: 98kg
DOB: 26/09/92
Club: Port Adelaide Magpies (SA)

Kevin Sheehan says: Strong-marking ruckman who is agile and super competitive. Team-oriented player who impressed with South Australia in the under-18 championships.
In his own words
What type of player are you?

Tall, agile and competitive.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Matthew Kreuzer. He knows where to go around the ground and also go forward and be dangerous.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Competitiveness, will do anything for the benefit of the team, have a willingness to get better as a person and player, and I want to learn.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Goalkicking, my hands in the ruck to palm the ball down to the midfielders, and getting more marks around the ground.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Brisbane Lions. When I was younger, I used to go for them because they used to win all the time, but now because I admire all of the players. A big influence was my favourite player, Jonathan Brown.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
Corey Siemers, because I’m doing everything for him, but also my dad. He’s always calling me up checking to see how my footy’s going, because he knows it’s my dream to play in the AFL.

At this stage I would take Lycett and 23 for Clark and Brisbane's second pick.

Mitch Clark should go to west coast for Scott Lycett + pick 22 + pick upgrades. I'm angry that Freo are not even offering pick 16. The west coast offer we get a replacement for Clark and at the same time tell Freo to 'GET STUFFED'. Plus Scott Lycett is a Brisbane Lions supporter. These should be considered because he would want to play for Bribane hence the go home factor will have less of an effect.
Read this bio I got of him from http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102234/default.aspx:

Kevin Sheehan says: Strong-marking ruckman who is agile and super competitive. Team-oriented player who impressed with South Australia in the under-18 championships.
In his own words

Matthew Kreuzer. He knows where to go around the ground and also go forward and be dangerous.

Competitiveness, will do anything for the benefit of the team, have a willingness to get better as a person and player, and I want to learn.

Goalkicking, my hands in the ruck to palm the ball down to the midfielders, and getting more marks around the ground.

Brisbane Lions. When I was younger, I used to go for them because they used to win all the time, but now because I admire all of the players. A big influence was my favourite player, Jonathan Brown.

Corey Siemers, because I’m doing everything for him, but also my dad. He’s always calling me up checking to see how my footy’s going, because he knows it’s my dream to play in the AFL.

Wowie, I would be really happy with Lycett and ANY draft pick that the Eagles offer us. At least they have some initiative. ;)

Made the exact same offer.

Cannot get any more fairer and Freo are big losers in trade week... again.

:thumbsu:

I like that trade aswell. I just wanna know if we are ACTUALLY in talks with West Coast or not. All we keep hearing is how Freo aren't meeting us in the middle, but are we really talking to West Coast coz they sound like they have respectable offers for Clark

In his own words

Gees, love the sound of the words competitiveness and wanting to learn

So if Clark does take his chances in the PSD and nominates his salary (which I assume we would be obliged to pay if we pick him up again), does he also nominate a contract length?

If so is he obliged to sign up for that term?

Apparently we are looking into Lycett. I read it somewhere on today. I'd take Lycett plus Pick 23.
It's better than anything Fremantle are offering. Also the Gunston trade has made them look like real amateurs IMO. Hawks were willing to part with pick 24 for a 19year old with potential, but not enough potential to be a superstar. Where Fremantle aren't willing to put up pick 16 for a 23yo KPP who has already been nominated for AA selection.

The Brisbane big man's manager Colin Young is worried that his client will not get home to the West via trade week.

"The draft has been compromised and unfortunately Brisbane deserve a top-10 pick but they probably won't get it if Fremantle can't negotiate down.

"That's just the nature of the beast and so they're going to have to accept, if it's pick 16 and something else, they're going to have to accept that.

"That's unfortunate because they probably do deserve a top 10 pick and something extra but unfortunately I can't see that happening.

"I think at the end of the day come Monday, if it's not done, you'd rather get at least pick 16 than nothing."

ha hah, cop that all Freo ****-stirrers who have been talking down Mitch Clark

Young is obviously peeing his pants that Brisbane will stare him down...no way will he let Mitch into PSD...I am happy for the club to call his bluff and risk losing him altogether so as to avoid being low-balled

the injection of the West Coast/Lycett option is softening Freo up considerably I'd say - with days to go, suddenly there's an acknowledgement that pick #16 is less than Lions deserve and that Mitch would command a top 10 in a normal draft

clearly #16 is on the table...

...now it's just a question of who they add to that

frankly, if Lycett is any good, I'd be jumping at a WC offer of him and #23

peace

Why would we need to throw in our second pick...so we get a one game player and an upgraded pick in a compromised draft.:confused:

I personally think Lycett and pick 23 is still a bit unders for a seasoned Clark. Absolutely no reason why we would need to kick in anything except a pick we wouldn't use anyway.

I hate Young.....He is wanting Brisbane to fold on this deal

"
The draft has been compromised and unfortunately Brisbane deserve a top-10 pick but they probably won't get it if Fremantle can't negotiate down. ....."That's just the nature of the beast and so they're going to have to accept, if it's pick 16 and something else, they're going to have to accept that.

"That's unfortunate because they probably do deserve a top 10 pick and something extra but unfortunately I can't see that happening.

"I think at the end of the day come Monday, if it's not done, you'd rather get at least pick 16 than nothing."

: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl/...#ixzz1aYgUu8Cg

Reports on the drafting board that Clark or his manager have said he won't play for the Weagles next year.... Apparently a report on the channel 10 news.... :thumbsdown:

Would be pretty annoyed at Clark/Young if this was the case. :mad:

What a little bitch if true. Though he just wanted to return home? :D

If a good deal can't be done then i'd just rather send him to the draft. I heard Port are after a ruckman/forward and have plenty of space in the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure i'm not alone when I say I find the whole thing off-putting...There will always be arguments about the worth of players based on people's personal opinion and bias. But if we are to believe anything that's being said Freo are deliberating offering a lot less then they know he is worth on the open market. I don't suggest Freo owes us any favours but really they are ****ing around Clark as much as the Lion's with this approach.

You'd have to worry what they've promised Clark, if he's willing to relocate so soon. Would they really be willing to commit to Clark and his management while planning to play this game with Brisbane?

No sir, I don't like it.

this is going to be our luke ball story :mad:
we are going to get a packet of peanuts
thats footy in 2011

Except somehow the coward Luke Ball went on to win a flag (or half one anyway cos 2010 season was a dud). It's going to be more like Figjam.

If this report is true, i would deck Clark if I saw him out on the piss (-ing on an ATM).

What a clown. He ran into a contest and flattened the esteemed captain when he should have known his role and put on a block or stayed out instead of trying to be the superstar sleeve trend following socks down DOG.

If it's not true, and he ends up re-signing with the mghty Lions... Well... then I reserve the right to retract this statement, and buy the fella a beer.

This is well off-topic... I didn't watch much of the Brownlow, but one bit I did see had Mitch collecting some votes. The camera panned across Browny and Rockliff, and I sensed a hint of "Psst. Meh.". May have been my own head, adding meaning which wasn't there. /rant

Colin Young is on 6PR now, has said West Coast are officially out of the running for Mitch Clark. Not really what you guys wanted to hear, have to feel for you as we have been in the same situation before. Unfortunately the way the AFL is set up these sort of situations occur.

He also said Palmer compensation pick looks likely to be involved in the deal. Mitch has never entertained the idea of playing for GWS even though he got a HUGE offer from them.

It will be interesting if Kerr gives Clark 3 options; West Coast, stay put or PSD, which one would he choose.

Young also said he expects/hopes the deal to be done by this time tomorrow. He seemed pretty confident it would all go through.

He also indicated Freo have been focussing on JOM, now that is done - would expect the real negotiations to begin.

It's only day 3 folks, save your burning of Bond effigies until at least Fri.

We also keep hearing over here that WC are not bidding Lycett and 23 - where have you guys got this from? Apologies if I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back