Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And then you'd doubt it would get the job done.
I know value is driven by the market but I don't get how he can be rated higher. It just seems bizarre that a guy who can't play senior for the best part of 18 months can be rated substantially higher than the 6th best player from this year.

I know value is driven by the market but I don't get how he can be rated higher. It just seems bizarre that a guy who can't play senior for the best part of 18 months can be rated substantially higher than the 6th best player from this year.

Plus the cream GWS has already skimmed off the top, but I take your point.

I reckon there is every chance that this thread will reach the 1000 posts mark prior to the trade being put up on the board. <cue Grim/wbb/tbd deleting all of the irrelevant posts - like this one>.

Re: 2011 Draft Discussion

Why do people think Tippett is worth a top 10 pick yet Clark is not?

I think they are very hard to split, but don't understand the logic with the suggestion that we would sacrifice pick 8 for Tippett whilst accepting something not even close for Clark. Am I missing something that Tippett is a more complete player than Clark.:confused:

Is there any way we could pull off a trade where Mitch plays 11 home games for Freo, then 11 home games for WCE?
I believe his daughter enrolled in Uni (or pre-school) in Perth this way he wouldn't have to travel.

I think Lycett from WC & Zac Clarke from Freo should be sufficient.

Re: 2011 Draft Discussion

Why do people think Tippett is worth a top 10 pick yet Clark is not?

I think they are very hard to split, but don't understand the logic with the suggestion that we would sacrifice pick 8 for Tippett whilst accepting something not even close for Clark. Am I missing something that Tippett is a more complete player than Clark.:confused:

I think the difference is that Mitch is out of contract and Tippett isn't. This time next year, when Tippett is out of contract and states he wants to play for Brisbane, his worth won't drop but his price would. Going over old ground, I know, but it's unfortunate when this situation arises. It reduces the currency of the player.

Is there any way we could pull off a trade where Mitch plays 11 home games for Freo, then 11 home games for WCE?
I believe his daughter enrolled in Uni (or pre-school) in Perth this way he wouldn't have to travel.

Hell we've just secured Tippett what are going to do with another two talls;)

You're a loony.;)

Ibbo aint a midfielder, Ibbo is our best small defender (assuming Broughton is midfield) good size, quick and a nice kick.

Only down side is he does not have a natural football brain so gets run down every now and then....I don't think we'll deal him to be honest.

Was there any real solid actual reason for Mitch wanting to go to Freo over WCE? Did he grow up idolising the Dockers or something and hold belief that his life story is infact a fairy tale? I'd say so far he's been more biblical Samson in reverse.

Played his footy for East Freo in the WAFL, it's hard to get it out of your system.

Where have all of those dumb arse Freo posters gone? Not so lippy now are we.

Still here, just waiting for some actual news.

I hate to add to the I don't think they will trade Lycett, but he is very highly rated - and I only saw him play once this year and he looked about 5 - 7 Kg off getting a game.

WC are more likely to send Masten or (my opinion only) Mitch Brown seems to be down the order (though injured for much of 2011). Eagles first rounder and Brown - you would run all the way to the bank with that, though I would think you may need to send a late pick back.

You guys obviously expect a latish first rounder and player, I think we obviously edge them on the first rounder but only by a handful of spots ....the Eagles have more depth so I think they will be prepared to put a higher quality player up...assuming they are seriously interested.

If it wasn't for Clark's boner for us, you would think WC would be the favoured spot.

Lippy about Eagles players now it seems. Swift is the worst player on the Eagles list yet he quadrupled the average possession stat of last years top 20 pick Jayden Pitt in the WAFL this season :eek:

So a local 21 year old playing in his 3rd league season for the premiership winning side, played better than an 18 year old Victorian kid in his first season with perennial strugglers Perth .......stop the presses!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think quite frankly the lions don't give a toss which team they trade Clark too out of WCE and Freo, we just want the best deal. Whether Clark has a preference for either team is irrelevant and he should be thankful they are assisting him in geting back to Perth.

Does seem like WCE will be top-heavy with Clark but Cox and Lynch are nearing the end.

haha! gotta love the "nope don't think so" type attitude from Freo supporters.

NEWS FLASH: when seeking a player of Mitch Clarks ability (However over rated) your club is in turn preparing to give something decent up for him.
Just as if we were serious about Tippett (however unlikely) we would be aswell.

Also to the Lions supporters with 'draft-phobia', 2009 we topped up because we over rated our list,- this is different. If clark wasn't looking to leave, i would agree- lets use our picks and add to our growing talent pool. However, as part of our devalopment we are standing to loose a key position player at a young age, replacing him with Tippett (If possible) is a smart move in a devaloping team. Forget 2009, that was crazy Gubby (funny everyone blames Voss) our team is managed by a new admin now. Every sucsessful team of any era has progressed with smart trades along the way, Look at the current Hawks squad, Geelong being an exception, there is no reason we shouldnt look to fill gaps using smart trades. Draft pick are great but there is a glaring hole left with out Clark, it must be filled asap.

I would love to see Tippett, Beams and a mature aged ruckman added to our list and if we can hold onto a pick 16 and late first rounders Kerr will make those picks sing.

Cant wait for Monday.

The big question that WCE should consider in drafting Clark (Not talking about the trade itself or monetary requirements) is:

Would Mitch Clark be in our best 22 ?

The answer for most would be an overwhelming yes.

The rest would take care of itself ie who makes way for Clark in the starting 22. Obviously pre-season form, injuries etc come into play. But I can see him being ahead of at least Q.Lynch to start with.

It reminds me of the Lion's policy when we picked up at Leuey at no 4. They probably didn't need to pick up a ruckman that year, as they seemingly had an abundance of them.

However Leuey fitted the policy of "Best player available" at 4. Mitch Clark will be one of the best, if not the best, player available during Trade Week.

Ibbo aint a midfielder, Ibbo is our best small defender (assuming Broughton is midfield) good size, quick and a nice kick.

Only down side is he does not have a natural football brain so gets run down every now and then....I don't think we'll deal him to be honest.

Played his footy for East Freo in the WAFL, it's hard to get it out of your system.

Still here, just waiting for some actual news.

I hate to add to the I don't think they will trade Lycett, but he is very highly rated - and I only saw him play once this year and he looked about 5 - 7 Kg off getting a game.

WC are more likely to send Masten or (my opinion only) Mitch Brown seems to be down the order (though injured for much of 2011). Eagles first rounder and Brown - you would run all the way to the bank with that, though I would think you may need to send a late pick back.

You guys obviously expect a latish first rounder and player, I think we obviously edge them on the first rounder but only by a handful of spots ....the Eagles have more depth so I think they will be prepared to put a higher quality player up...assuming they are seriously interested.

If it wasn't for Clark's boner for us, you would think WC would be the favoured spot.

So a local 21 year old playing in his 3rd league season for the premiership winning side, played better than an 18 year old Victorian kid in his first season with perennial strugglers Perth .......stop the presses!!!

Mitch (who) Brown and eagles first round draft pick- in the 20s, oh and a compromised draft too...

You have got to be kidding!!!

Mitch Brown has achieved very little in his short career to date and you could say is damaged goods already, given he underwent a knee reconstruction a couple of years ago.

For memory, I didn't see him feature in the eagles finals campaign either.

Clark is 23, a key position player and close to all Australian a couple of years ago. Its obvious his mind has been elswhere since 2009 - returning to Perth and coupled with some injuries, hasn't got back to that level, but at 23 and back home, he should become a consistent A -GRADER. Thats what the trade has to be based upon....

The minimum we would accept from the eagles is a player- either in your best 22 now or on the cusp (maybe Lycett) and that first round draft pick- in the 20s....

Mitch (who) Brown and eagles first round draft pick- in the 20s, oh and a compromised draft too...

You have got to be kidding!!!

Mitch Brown has achieved very little in his short career to date and you could say is damaged goods already, given he underwent a knee reconstruction a couple of years ago.

For memory, I didn't see him feature in the eagles finals campaign either.

Clark is 23, a key position player and close to all Australian a couple of years ago. Its obvious his mind has been elswhere since 2009 - returning to Perth and coupled with some injuries, hasn't got back to that level, but at 23 and back home, he should become a consistent A -GRADER. Thats what the trade has to be based upon....

The minimum we would accept from the eagles is a player- either in your best 22 now or on the cusp (maybe Lycett) and that first round draft pick- in the 20s....

Mitch Brown was sidelined with a groin injury...It will be a Doc's call...Prior to injury looked the goods @ CHB... if he is ok injury wise with a 1st rounder not a bad deal....might be better for a 3 way with the Pies for Beams..

Moo's a freo supporter. ;)

Plus I obviously rate Mitch Brown a little higher.

I see him as a decent CHB, who has had a bad run with injury.

If we offered our 1st rounder & Ibbo and they offer 1st rounder & Brown - I'd take the WC offer personally - and I rate Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back