News Clarko in strife again

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Statement
The AFL this week made inquiries into an incident involving North Melbourne Senior Coach Alastair Clarkson during Saturday afternoon’s match in Hobart.

The AFL was made aware of the alleged comments by a match day official post-game who heard the comments, with the AFLIU following up the report.

Clarkson has admitted to loudly swearing and using inappropriate language while standing near the umpires and officials’ bench in response to an umpiring decision during the third quarter.

After talking to match officials, the AFL was not able to be comfortably satisfied that Clarkson’s swearing was directed towards a specific person or persons and in particular an AFL match official or officials and as such no finding of a breach of AFL Rules has been made.

No, it's still the funniest thing ever lol

Regardless of how North is going, firing your coach because you think you are a shoe-in for Clarko against a minnow club and then being told to bugger off so you have appoint the minnow's former coach that you have been calling shit for 10 years is hilarious.
****! You're right.

Time for a rest. Always angry little man but now becoming increasing frustrated that he can't cope with the monumental task of coaching the club. Rebuilt Hawthorn and turned them into a once in a century side built on the foundations of a very well Kennett run club. North rightly or wrongly are not that. A footy club can be laden with talent but if you have imbeciles who would not know their asss from their hat running the club this is what you get. Their supporters deserve a lot better. Clarkson has the white flag at half mast.

Probably wouldnt care to be honest.

Seems strange how other clubs supporters lay the boots into Clarko.

Personally, i couldnt give a flying fk about any other coach of any other team.

Clarko gets the clicks.

Oh believe me, if Clarkson was still coach of Hawthorn I would 100% guarantee you'll lay into it with things like 'The angry dwarf just cannot help himself, sure we're shit on-field but at least we have a coach that doesn't abuse umpires'.

Not good.

Completely different situation.

Junior footy, nothing on the line, Junior umpire, kids around.

All none of which were invovled on Saturday.

Question for you, do you think this is the first time this happened in the history of AFL/VFL/WAFL/SANFL football?
nope, but this is completely irrelevant because Clarkson is on a suspended sentence that relies on him not engaging in any form whatsoever of conduct unbecoming.

It's like if you're out on probation for a serious crime and you commit a misdemeanour. You go back to jail. Regardless whether that misdemeanour is remotely worth a jail sentence in an of itself.

If Clarkson didn't have this suspended sentence hanging over his head most likely everyone would still think he's a completely unhinged moron but that would be the end of it.

This is not that. That's the whole point.

Junior footy, nothing on the line, Junior umpire, kids around.

All none of which were invovled on Saturday.
while I'm on it, how on earth doesn't this make it even worse for you?

This guy is so incapable of controlling his temper that even when there's nothing on the line, when the umpire in question is a child who is volunteering, and there are 8 year old kids playing for fun, that Clarko still blows his stack and abuses the umpire?

It's utterly reprehensible, yet you're trying to give this same guy a leave pass on this because, well, I have no idea really, except for partisanship

Probably wouldnt care to be honest.

Seems strange how other clubs supporters lay the boots into Clarko.

Personally, i couldnt give a flying fk about any other coach of any other team.

Clarko gets the clicks.
In the last 12 months, how many coaches have had ANY of these accusations made against them?
  • Racial discrimination
  • Use of homophobic slurs
  • (Alleged) abuse towards umpires

Compare that to the ONE coach who has been accused of all of these.

For those playing at home, yes, Chris Fagan has also been accused of the first one.

This guy is so incapable of controlling his temper that even when there's nothing on the line, when the umpire in question is a child who is volunteering, and there are 8 year old kids playing for fun, that Clarko still blows his stack and abuses the umpire?

It's utterly reprehensible, yet you're trying to give this same guy a leave pass on this because, well, I have no idea really, except for partisanship
But... But... But... He's just passionate and competitive :rolleyes:

Oh no, swearing at the footy!
apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

Yeah this line of reasoning is super weird. Doesn't that make it far worse that you're abusing a volunteer at a low level match? You do expect some resilience from paid umpires at the top level, fine - but calling a teenage volunteer a campaigner because they make a poor decision in an under 14s match hits differently than directing it to Matt Nicholls with yet another bizarre free kick.

In the last 12 months, how many coaches have had ANY of these accusations made against them?

• Use of homophobic slurs

This was not just alleged, by the way. It was admitted and there were consequences from it which were accepted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think my use of the term ‘warrior’ is being misinterpreted - I mean someone who is prepared to call a spade a spade - someone who is forthwright and honest with their players - someone who calls BS for what it is.

Honesty is a good thing, as is being direct. But leadership is about adjusting your style and approach for your audience.

It's about getting the best out of people, not about just blurting out your truth.

At this stage, it's starting to feel like Clarkson doesn't have the ability to adapt his style. He's going to get left behind if he doesn't.

Ha ha ha, Down play it all you want but if he was swearing at the umps like alleged then he's cooked.

The usual whataboutisms have been trotted out:

• "Everyone swears!" - true, but this was directed at an umpire
  • "Coaches have said nasty things directed to AFL umpires, doesn't warrant a suspension!" - also true, but Clarko has a suspended sentence from his last offence
  • "Victim of a witch-hunt, as seen in the AFL racism investigation!" - may also be true - but this doesn't mean he avoids investigation for a separate unrelated matter

Yeah this line of reasoning is super weird. Doesn't that make it far worse that you're abusing a volunteer at a low level match? You do expect some resilience from paid umpires at the top level, fine - but calling a teenage volunteer a campaigner because they make a poor decision in an under 14s match hits differently than directing it to Matt Nicholls with yet another bizarre free kick.
under 9's!!!

He still has the footy world bluffed

Already the footy media are suggesting he said it “at himself”

Does he have Tourette syndrome

when in doubt, bullshit baffles brains...

Oh believe me, if Clarkson was still coach of Hawthorn I would 100% guarantee you'll lay into it with things like 'The angry dwarf just cannot help himself, sure we're shit on-field but at least we have a coach that doesn't abuse umpires'.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, oh, what a Christmas we'd have.

Says more about your organisation or industry imo
This.
Have you double checked they actually pay your superannuation into your super fund?

Often yes. If someone’s stuffs up I’ll call them a dumb campaigner and likewise if I stuff up I’ll get grilled by higher up and I have a National manager that can peel paint off the walls and drops a lot of F&C bombs
This plus the reference to great perks makes me think you work in Parliament.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Clarko in strife again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back