Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm getting the sense that some want to live in denial and not accept the problems that are causing the club to unravel.

It's nothing that can't be fixed, but you have to first admit there is a problem, and I'm not sure they are even at that stage yet.

Lyon on SEN playing dumb and trying to avoid answering honestly. Clearly knows what is going on.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Edmund now reporting that "a couple of off-field incidents in recent weeks" have caused this.

"Industry figures" confirmed Pert contacted clubs to see if they're interested in Oliver.

And "rival clubs have made it clear they no longer hold a level of interest in Oliver that would see them part with anything significant in a trade, nor anything significant when it comes to fulfilling his significant contract."

I'm shocked I tell you shocked! I thought Geelong were going to take on his whole salary and pay multiple first rounders.

Let's be realistic. If this happens it's cause Melbourne want him out at any cost. The Dees keep 60% of his salary on the books and maybe he can find a home without them having to offer picks too.

Sam Edmund now reporting that "a couple of off-field incidents in recent weeks" have caused this.

"Industry figures" confirmed Pert contacted clubs to see if they're interested in Oliver.

And "rival clubs have made it clear they no longer hold a level of interest in Oliver that would see them part with anything significant in a trade, nor anything significant when it comes to fulfilling his significant contract."

I'm shocked I tell you shocked! I thought Geelong were going to take on his whole salary and pay multiple first rounders.

Let's be realistic. If this happens it's cause Melbourne want him out at any cost. The Dees keep 60% of his salary on the books and maybe he can find a home without them having to offer picks too.

Wow Melbourne

Wow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know that a trade like this comes along that often. Like Pert is doing this to make it easy to clear out the coaching staff. Seems unique
Historically no but they are going to be more and more common when blokes like Perryman are getting 6 year deals on stupid money. The era of bad contracts has arrived.

For Melbourne fans, did Clayton have character and off-field issues (obviously not to the extent that they’re at now) at the time Melbourne offered him the current mega contract?

Historically no but they are going to be more and more common when blokes like Perryman are getting 6 year deals on stupid money. The era of bad contracts has arrived.
This is where/when the AFL heads need to step in and regulate contract lengths.
Rules like.
Nothing over 5 years is my thinking… nothing over 3 years after the age of 30.
Are just a few examples I’d like to see.
Pretty sure the NHL had to step in years ago as it was crippling the league and franchises.
I hate to see 10 year deals being allowed going forward.
Cheers bud

This is where/when the AFL heads need to step in and regulate contract lengths.
Rules like.
Nothing over 5 years is my thinking… nothing over 3 years after the age of 30.
Are just a few examples I’d like to see.
Pretty sure the NHL had to step in years ago as it was crippling the league and franchises.
I hate to see 10 year deals being allowed going forward.
Cheers bud
I probably agree but I assume the AFLPA say over my dead body and we know how useless the AFL is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back