Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

where have you sourced this graph from?

It's from a skeptic blog which uses a subset of locations heavily biased to eastern Australia, where most of the stations were situated 100+ years ago.

Image969_shadow-1024x649.png

A point worth noting is that temperatures weren't read every second of the day like they are now, but rather at a specific time, say 3pm. So the readings would have understated the actual maximum daily termperature in that era.

It's from a skeptic blog which uses a subset of locations heavily biased to eastern Australia, where most of the stations were situated 100+ years ago.

Image969_shadow-1024x649.png

A point worth noting is that temperatures weren't read every second of the day like they are now, but rather at a specific time, say 3pm. So the readings would have understated the actual maximum daily termperature in that era.
Makes me wonder why anyone would bother posting it then.

C) There is a national climate rally planned for Friday in major cities, who’s coming?

Warm day, people leaving town after a working week. Situation is tailor-made for someone to be run over.

Defiant climate activists snub police plea over resourcing fears on peak fire day

Defiant climate protesters say they will go ahead with plans to shut Melbourne CBD down on Friday, despite being urged to rethink the plan.

Police say it could drain vital resources from bushfire-affected communities as more than 5000 activists gather at the State Library from 6pm and march through the city, causing peak-hour chaos.

Uni Students For Climate Justice representative Anneke Demanuele told 3AW the protest would proceed as scheduled and did not require police attendance.

It was nice to hear this stuff straight from the horses mouth. Shane Fitsimmons was just on Sunrise and said that the number one issue the NSW RFS faces is reduced windows to be able to do hazard reduction burns followed by needing more resources to both hazard reduction burn and fight fires effectively. He said that "Green" policies don't really affect them as they have special permissions to cut through red tape.

I've been guilty of being skeptical of the climate change debate not because of the facts (I live in a drought affected area - I can see it's bloody dry!) but because of who is spruiking this stuff. Hearing this stuff from the Commissioner of the NSW RFS carries far more weight with me than a 16yo on the other side of the planet or a hippy gluing themselves to a speedbump because they're actively dealing with this stuff. I hope his interview is cut and spread because people need to see it.
But the loons still won't listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting map.
Here is the world map produced by the same people.
View attachment 803216

According to the source you shared, Australia is the among the least green of all countries surveyed.

Sweet. Uranium is in plentiful. Get active promoting nuclear power.

And the extreme fire conditions don't care if the fires are man made or natural.

Correct.

The same as it was in 1926, 1944, 1952, 1957, 1962, 1975, 1980, 1985, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2019-20 and for tens of thousands of years before these times.

Sweet. Uranium is in plentiful. Get active promoting nuclear power.

Always for the no-brainer solutions. Reckon there’s a pattern there for you.

Nuclear Power is an interesting one. Lots of articles doing simple sums and promoting it, and alarmist articles decrying it.

This is a pretty balanced summary:

I think existing power plants are part of the solution. I haven’t read enough into why Germany are phasing out nuclear power, but on the face of it, it does seem counterproductive.

The costs of building new power stations, with the safeguards required, are increasing, unlike renewable sources such as wind, tidal and solar which benefit from efficiency and technology gains.

The risks involved in disposing of hazardous waste are immense, and allowing all nations to build nuclear reactors would multiply the risks exponentially. Allowing all nations to build wind farms seems a lot less threatening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back