Clinton Grybas Passes Away

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
very very sad, taken with so much to give and in the prime of his life. Was the best commentator in the country and will be sadly missed. Never met him but just came across as a very genuine and likeable bloke. 32 is just was to young.
R.I.P Clinton

In a side note, 3AW has suffered another loss - the wife of program director Clark Forbes died on Saturday night due to complications in an operation. It must be a very sombre environment within 3AW at the moment - they are doing it tough

I doubt there would be a commentator who would command such glowing praise.

Begs the question as to why he wasn't calling for a commercial station. :confused:

Very sad for his family and friends, and also for those of us who rated him highly professionally.

Thanks Clinton. :thumbsu:

RIP Clinton

Obviously a special person, now lost. An extremely talented & professional sports commentator whose enthusiasm & love for his work permeated through to those who listened to him.

A very sad time for all who knew him personally. Condolences.

Tragic news about a supreme talent as a Sportscaster.

I honestly believe he was going to easily claim the mantle eventually from Dennis Cometti as the elite AFL caller of the game on all levels of media.

Condolences to his family.

Like the rest of you, I was shattered to hear of Clinton's passing. Why do bad things happen to good people? No sense in it... ever!

IMO, Clinton surpassed Bruce McAveny as a sports broadcaster in a very short time. Bruce, prior to Channel 7 losing the footy rights, was up to that point, the ultimate broadcaster. His main focus was footy, but it seemed he had such a broad (and deep) knowledge of anything he called. He was very good. Then Clinton came along and you could immediately sense that this man was the real deal. He was the consumate professional. You never once knew who this man barracked for (unlike Bruce and his love for the Crows;)), and he made every call exciting. His knowledge of the game (or anything he called) was as complete and informative as a listener could want. He oozed class, and he was, without doubt, Australia's best sports commentator. WLF was a credit to his professionalism. To hear that he was a genuinely nice person to boot, just confirms he was the all-round package. He will be sorely missed.

Condolensces to his fiancee Lorena, his family and his friends.

What a tragedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelieveable. Such a tragedy and at only 32 his best years were still ahead.

A damn fine commentator and from all reports a top bloke as well.

Sincere condolences to the Grybas family.

Reports are that he injured himself Sleepwalking after a similar accident last September. I have 'Sleepwalked' all my life and found myself in the most bizarre circumstances as a result but have never been injured (touch wood). He was incredibly stiff or the wrong conclusion has been drawn. After the autopsy this week the truth of the matter should be known.

Would be a good idea for the first game of the season to have a minute of silence for Clinton, and just prior to that, the tribute from Lamaros (I think it was) to be played on the big screen at the MCG.

Don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Seemed a ripper bloke, was the best commentator going around and not an ounce of ego in the way he went about things.

RIP Clinton

Condolences to the Grybas family.

I mean, with people like Anna Nicole Smith and Steve Irwin, no offense intended to anyone, but you almost anticipate the headline all the time.

I doubt there'd be much taken. With all due respect to the families of Anna Nicole Smith and Steve Irwin, they were deaths waiting to happen.

What I'll miss most of all is the way he handled Rex Hunt. He almost seemingly effortlessly dealt with Hunts (often swearing) exaggerations and the old wife callers who rang up to complain.

Billy Joel was right.

Absolutely unbelievable, much of what has been already written can only be echoed.

I gotta say, this has hit me by far more than any other celebrity/personally unknown death that I can remember.

Not sure if was simply because i liked him so much, or that he felt part of you for 5 years when every weeknight I was at home WLF was on, and if I missed it I normally got the replay at 10 or so, whenever it was.

IMO he was the best in the business and I posted last year that it was suprising a FTA network didnt snap him up for big bux.

Only the good die young. :)

Or as my fave when thinking of you;

I love you just the way you are. ;)

I wouldnt say that only the good die young. Ron MacIntosh was no spring chicken but was a top bloke.

Id like to send my condolences to the Grybas family. The hurt that we feel for losing a great commentator pales in comparison to the hurt that his mum,dad, partner and brother are feeling at this very time.

I was absolutely shocked when my mate told me, Clinton Grybas was one of the best callers on our game, White line fever was my favourite footy show when it was on and i always loved how unbias he was when talking footy or calling a game.

He was a absolute champ.
RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back