Cloke = Trade Bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would honestly take that now. next year it'll be a 3rd rounder, year after 4th and so on.

You can get good players with 2nd rounders.
Anthony was pick 37
Beams Pick 29
Dawes Pick 28
Swan Pick 58
The strength of this draft is supposedly far weaker. That, and Dawes hasn't proven to be better than Cloke.

If we lose Cloke, we need a KPF to replace him. We don't have one, hence, we can't lose Cloke for just a 2nd round pick, no way.

The strength of this draft is supposedly far weaker. That, and Dawes hasn't proven to be better than Cloke.

If we lose Cloke, we need a KPF to replace him. We don't have one, hence, we can't lose Cloke for just a 2nd round pick, no way.

dawes is young and has time on his side. he also does not have glaring deficencies in his game.

cloke does.

we have also seen in his brothers that historically clokes dont improve much in their early 20s..

We actually don't, as Cloke is not a KPF. He is a lead up forward at best.

Many like to critisise the WBD for the lack of a KPF, but in reality, Mitch Hahn is as good as Cloke and Anthony combined. And that's not having a go at JA. He is just not a genuine KPF. He got the gig because he is a great kick and we have no other KPF good enough.

please don't take this as sarcastic or offensive but i really do feel sorry for the guy. he seems to put in the effort and we know he has the skill but he hardly contributes anything. and that little bit is amplified as he's a KPP

he wasn't always this bad was he?

why dont we trade Heath Shaw, or another very important player in our set-up!!!!

Travis Cloke will be a very good player for the Collingwood footy club...imagine where St. Kilda would have been today had they traded Riewoldt when he was 21-22 because he was missing shots for goal....Go back and watch the tapes!!!

As for Shane O'Bree, been great servant coming to the end of his career. Let him retire gracefully after giving everything he had. Certainly not the most gifted player, but got every ounce out of is ability...at the very least give him credit for it!!!

Riewoldt has actually got a FOOTBALL BRAIN , unlike Cloke who does not have a clue and never will ... Why blow sunshine up his ass like everyone else does and realise he is a dud ...

please don't take this as sarcastic or offensive but i really do feel sorry for the guy. he seems to put in the effort and we know he has the skill but he hardly contributes anything. and that little bit is amplified as he's a KPP

Well. he has played 100 games and aside form about 20, the other 80 or so have been very poor. IMO, his career is going nowhere.

he was very good in 2007. IMO that is when he hit his peak, quite possibly for his career..

flipping Chris Tarrant MK II.
What good is he getting the ball on the wing? He wasn't alone in being ordinary tonight but unfortunately for Trav he is in one of the most important positions on the ground. I would love to see him traded but who else will step up and do better? Rusling and Reid are both playing down back in the ressies and looking OK. So who else would be an option? IMO I would be surprised Trav Cloke was playing AFL in 5 years. Always has been over rated!
The 3 Clokes = DUDS!!

the problem with travis cloke is he is not a kpf or kpd.

he is a hff hbf in the body of a key position players body.

he reminds me so much of kayne pettifer but 10cm taller

he never hits the packs hard or breaks the packs open, so in actuall affect a 3rd tall.

cant see him improving a great deal, what you see is pretty much what he will be.

the problem with travis cloke is he is not a kpf or kpd.

he is a hff hbf in the body of a key position players body.

he reminds me so much of kayne pettifer but 10cm taller

he never hits the packs hard or breaks the packs open, so in actuall affect a 3rd tall.

cant see him improving a great deal, what you see is pretty much what he will be.

I can't help but agree with you. He has gone backwards since 2007.

He'll be glad to get this year over. A lot of shit has gone down.

He'll come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We actually don't, as Cloke is not a KPF. He is a lead up forward at best.

Many like to critisise the WBD for the lack of a KPF, but in reality, Mitch Hahn is as good as Cloke and Anthony combined. And that's not having a go at JA. He is just not a genuine KPF. He got the gig because he is a great kick and we have no other KPF good enough.

I like Cloke as a player and think he has plenty to offer still. His next 2 years will be telling though. He's certainly suited to a CHF "lead up" role but he hasn't taken that on as well as I would of thought this year. On paper he's got the strength and mobility but I'm not sure he uses it. Perhaps Cloke's best bet is to build a bigger engine (I thought he was pretty decent in this area anyway) and work harder on his intensity. He's certainly got the capabilities to be a very damaging player.

I'd love to be in your situation, Pies. You've got a KPF with talent. He may not be producing, but you've got it to work with. We've got a bunch of raw, skinny untried kids. :(

On another note - how is Reid going? Is he being groomed to play as a FF/CHF? I saw him today and he was playing in defense. Skills looked pretty tidy, but I was suprised to see him in the back half of the ground. Will you shift him forward next season?

I'd love to be in your situation, Pies. You've got a KPF with talent. He may not be producing, but you've got it to work with. We've got a bunch of raw, skinny untried kids. :(
well what are you willing to give up to be in our position? lets talk.

On another note - how is Reid going? Is he being groomed to play as a FF/CHF? I saw him today and he was playing in defense. Skills looked pretty tidy, but I was suprised to see him in the back half of the ground. Will you shift him forward next season?
he's being groomed as our next CHB.

He'll be glad to get this year over. A lot of shit has gone down.

He'll come back.

gee i hope your right mate, i really do. Watching him get beat time and time again by taylor tonight was just awful. But i just cant keep coming up with excuses for him...100 game CHF, best and fairest and he cant put a solid effort in a final when we desperately needed him. Put him on the trade table and see what clubs are willing to offer

Clokey has had a poor year, and with him having a poor year we still reached the prelim. I don't think he will be traded, but the club will think about him long and hard over the next fortnight, before trade week. Reid will play CHB next year, and don't forget Nathan Brown.

We do need a good clearance player, and a power forward. Don't know who these will be, but we definately need to trade in these areas.

Would a Lloyd be of value for us over the next 2 years?

I'd be pointing my finger at Jack Anthony before talking about Cloke. Cloke is a young man who was shot at during the year and it affected him. Our game style doesn't reward his efforts as it would in other sides.
Anthony is the one that needs a look at, because he goes missing far too often and can't beat good defenders (beat Rutten once, but that was it). His role as FF needs some serious review because right not all he does is chase.

I'd be pointing my finger at Jack Anthony before talking about Cloke. Cloke is a young man who was shot at during the year and it affected him. Our game style doesn't reward his efforts as it would in other sides.
Anthony is the one that needs a look at, because he goes missing far too often and can't beat good defenders (beat Rutten once, but that was it). His role as FF needs some serious review because right not all he does is chase.

Anthony is actually a backman, trying to play full forward. He has done a good job as a makeshift FF. Cloke needs to step up and be a leader up forward. He has 100 games behind him now, he should be taking games b the scruff of the neck, and really imposing himself, yet l dont see him doing that. We need a PF to help him out. I would rather see Anthony play down back.

Anthony is a 21 year old key position player taking the oppositions best defender week in week out. if cloke was a half decent player he would take the best defender and anthony's job as a young KF would be a little easier

Anthony is a 21 year old key position player taking the oppositions best defender week in week out. if cloke was a half decent player he would take the best defender and anthony's job as a young KF would be a little easier

Cloke is a 22 year old chf who has been shouldering the forwardline for three years - you need to cut him some slack.

Why don't we just trade him to the Dogs, then sit back and watch them win next year's flag. CHF's don't grow on trees, and Cloke is better than average. Think of it this way, if Cloke was playing for another team, and they put him up for trade, Imo we'd take him. What we need at Collingwood is a tougher midfield, when we win in the midfield, Cloke is a very, very dangerous player.

First. Year. Player.

(well if you don't count the handful of games last year when he came in as a replacement!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke = Trade Bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back