Cloke = Trade Bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are nothing but an angry mob.
Grab the torches and pitchforks guys, let's go burn something down.
Shattering loss I agree but let's just settle down and take a big deep breath.

Cloke's kicking was okay in 2007 finals series, if only we had kicked one more goal against geelong, that was our chance..

But I don't get why he always leads up on the left 50m boundry, surely he should lead more on the right?

He is such a hard worker, tough, powerful, good mark, and pretty smart, if someone could only teach him a more accurate kicking style, he would be invaluable.
But quicky, as it's rubbing off on Jack.....

Cloke reminds me too much of Tarrant, so many star attributes, except for the goal kicking bit, but seeing Tarrant in defence shows it aint a bad idea, and cloke is a good field kick.

Rocca is underrated in my opinion, I don't think we'll find another one of him (yes, diff posi).

And whatever happened to Rusling?

Like a good CHF should,

Just give me a definition of what a good CHF is, then go back and re-think that comment!!!!

More to the point, please go and name the best CHF from each club that are better than Cloke (because I think there are only three at this stage -Riewoldt, Brown and Pavlich - see Buddy as a FF).

As for the five games, you obviously watch a fair bit of footy, why dont you do it for all us...look forward to your response and more importantly, your solution for what happens when Travis Cloke is dropped or traded!!!!

For me a good CHF is someone who can consistantly kick goals, beat his man, be quick/agile/strong enough to help crumbers, at least have a servicable field kick, provide forward pressure.

Cloke doesn't kick anywhere near enough goals and never kicks big bags, he's kicked 40 in 1 season and that was including all games up to a prelim. He's not quick or agile enough, he's strong enough but i don't think he has the best football IQ when it comes to getting position. He gets marks 70 out on the wing then turns around onto his left and goes bang to no mans land. I would not rate him as a top CHF.

Which players would you see as a CHF?

In terms of forwards i rate Roo, Pav, Brown, Porplyzia, Petrie, Mooney, Tredrea all better than Cloke. Then blokes like Mitch Morton, Jack Riewoldt I would rate the same. Then you have midfielders like Marc Murphy and Adam Goodes both kick 10 or more goals than him. If at the start of the season you were told that Trav would kick 21 goals after the first qualifying would you accept that? I know i wouldn't. It would be different if he offered something else around the ground but whenever he gets it i don't hold high hopes.

I rate Daisy and Heater's games better.
Dale played a good HFF role, heater butchered the ball something chronic

For min
max
Cloke
Thomas
Heath
daylight
probably rocca (and thats ****en disappointing)

Dale played a good HFF role, heater butchered the ball something chronic

For min
max
Cloke
Thomas
Heath
daylight
probably rocca (and thats ****en disappointing)

Yeah his ball use wasn't the best but i'd also put a lot of it down to the midfielders not leading or giving him enough of a target. Lets just hope we can get it right for next week.

Nobody would be saying anything if the guy could kick a goal.

Unfortunately because he's such a good grab he's just a liability in the forward line at the moment because he can't finish off people's good work. It must be somewhat demoralising when we string together a great piece of play and then it ends up in Clokes hands 25m out from goal and he misses it.

Football is all about making the most of your opportunities and we don't do it and Cloke isn't the only bloke doing it. Our key forwards are generally speaking about a 50/50 chance in front of goal.

Someone, please spend a shit load of time with him working on his kicking and also working on his head and he'll be untradable. Bottom line - our forwards are there to finish off the job and kick goals. Missing goals means missing glory!

Cloke's goalkicking wont improve drastically no matter how much he practices, sure it might improve a bit (well it can't get any worse) but not to the extent where he will be a Anthony or Porplyzia kicking for goal, and that is the worrying part. IMO leaving him in the forward 50 would just hurt us in any tilt for a premiership in the upcoming years (we might get close but wont get over the line). Need to find some position further up the ground for him whether it be wing or half back line, otherwise he will just become another Tarrant.

Nobody would be saying anything if the guy could kick a goal.

Unfortunately because he's such a good grab he's just a liability in the forward line at the moment because he can't finish off people's good work. It must be somewhat demoralising when we string together a great piece of play and then it ends up in Clokes hands 25m out from goal and he misses it.

Football is all about making the most of your opportunities and we don't do it and Cloke isn't the only bloke doing it. Our key forwards are generally speaking about a 50/50 chance in front of goal.

Someone, please spend a shit load of time with him working on his kicking and also working on his head and he'll be untradable. Bottom line - our forwards are there to finish off the job and kick goals. Missing goals means missing glory!

I would be happy if Cloke was 50/50, however he is more like 35/65 if that. And don't bring up his goalkicking stats, because they don't include OOF and shots that drop short.

I remember telling my mate two years back if Cloke was a great kick for goal he would win a Brownlow. I still stand by that however it will never happen.

I would be happy if Cloke was 50/50, however he is more like 35/65 if that. And don't bring up his goalkicking stats, because they don't include OOF and shots that drop short.

I remember telling my mate two years back if Cloke was a great kick for goal he would win a Brownlow. I still stand by that however it will never happen.

I was grouping them together because even Jack's missing goals at the moment and Medhurst is just as unrelaible as Cloke at the moment.

They have to kick thses goals, I mean see what theeffect of Riewoldt's second quarter had on the game and at one stage we were 2.5 when we could have been 4.3 - it's just so costly.

lol you're overrating cloke something ridiculous.

it's funny that one week everyones posting about all these KPP we have and where to put them all.. yet when you suggest trading one of them for an up and coming gun ruckman you get shot down.

if (big IF) there was an option to pick up kreuzer with a deal involving cloke to reunite the brothers, i would jump at that so fast its not funny. you would have to be stupid not to.

I'd take that deal.

I'd trade him for Lake. Bulldogs get their big forward, we get a Presti replacement after he retires.

Then create a new smaller forward line going forward. Or get Dawes into shape QUICK.

Otherwise, I don't know. MAYBE try him down back, but his kicking is REALLY bad. It's pretty sad when you look at any goal he MAY kick as a bonus.

You pretty much KNOW with 97% certainty that he's going to miss his shot no matter WHERE he is.

I mean, Reiwoldt was a bad kick, but not missing 10 metres out bad kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was grouping them together because even Jack's missing goals at the moment and Medhurst is just as unrelaible as Cloke at the moment.

Medhurst is a far better kick at goal then Cloke. At least Medhurst does not miss from 15 metres out slight angle. And lets not forget Cloke's howler against Richmond. 10 metres out, directly in front. Then against the Bulldogs, 20 out, slight angle...another miss.

I'm pretty sure Medhurst would of at least kicked one of those, if not all.

Medhurst goal kicking hasn't been great this year I agree...but it is still far better then Cloke.

That just goes to show how horrible Cloke has been.

Ludicrous thread

What is ludicrous is the way our supporters constantly overrate our players.

What is ludicrous is that this proud club now has supporters who are so accepting of mediocrity. You sound like saints supporters, not Collingwood.

Cloke will never be any better then he is now, due to the fact that he just cannot finish. As a CHF he is useless (if he can't kick goals from 20 out directly in front) and we should trade him now whilst he still has some currency.

Cloke isn't going anywhere.

He is an absolute gun. Yeah his kicking for goal is pretty ordinary but it will come good.

lol...a gun is he?

No...Reiwoldt is a gun. J. Brown is a Gun.

Cloke is an ordinary CHF who can't kick straight to save his life.

Geez...some of you guys are deluded...or very young. or bit of both.

lol...a gun is he?

No...Reiwoldt is a gun. J. Brown is a Gun.

Cloke is an ordinary CHF who can't kick straight to save his life.

Geez...some of you guys are deluded...or very young. or bit of both.

In Cloke's defence these two guys have about 5 years on him.

Riewoldt has had the yips in the past as well.

I'm not saying that he'll be anywhere near these two champs but maybe a bit unfair to compare him to them. I think outside of his awful kicking for goal he's a good player.

So, in my mind there's two things you can do with him. Either move him away from goal where his bad goal kicking can't hurt us or improve his mindset and goal kicking technique so he becoomes a major weapon up front - I'm for the latter.

I'm thinking the poster who said trade him for Lake may be on the money but once Lake gets a fat contract will he be the same player?

I say stick with Cloke but work on his weaknesses because they are costing the team.

Here we have a forward that cannot kick a goal to save his life.. about as useful as a gun without bullets.

he was okay today around the ground, but he is a forward. he cannot kick goals. this makes him pretty much useless to us moving forward.

we should shop him around.. see what we can get for him.. Bulldogs need a big forward and have plenty of midfielders to part with.. maybe we can structure a deal for ryan griffen so we can well and truly pack o'bree's bags? win win for all involved..

I'd rather we traded you for a carlton supporter.

Yeah he only won a Copeland Trophy at age 20 playing the gun position on the field :rolleyes:

But aren't the heroes quick to jump on him now that he's having a bad year.. (most likely caused by the off field incident pre season).. side by side eh

Remind me never to go to war with you downhill skiers :thumbsdown:

Thats right...you be happy with Cloke winning Copelands whilst the true gun's CHF who can actually kick goals (from 15 metres out) enjoy their premierships.

Were you born deluded or is it something you've perfected after years of experience?

In Cloke's defence these two guys have about 5 years on him.

Riewoldt has had the yips in the past as well.

Either way, I was replying to a poster who described Cloke as a 'gun'. This is delusional. Yes he shows promise, however, fact is he is a horrible kick..actually, he's worst, he makes other 'horrible' kicks look ok.

It is for this reason he will never realise his promise..he will only ever be good, servicable..but not the CHF we all wished him to become.

It is for this reason that if we can get anything good for him, we should jump at the oppurtunity.

I'm not saying that he'll be anywhere near these two champs but maybe a bit unfair to compare him to them. I think outside of his awful kicking for goal he's a good player.

I'm not the one that described him as a 'gun'. The moment anyone claims that Cloke is a 'gun' then he must be compared to those players...who actually are true guns...and lets not mention...regularly kick goals from 20 metres out.

So, in my mind there's two things you can do with him. Either move him away from goal where his bad goal kicking can't hurt us or improve his mindset and goal kicking technique so he becoomes a major weapon up front - I'm for the latter.

There's actually a third thing we can do. Trade him whilst he has currency for a good upcoming midfielder. Strengthen our side. It worked with Tarrant.

I'm thinking the poster who said trade him for Lake may be on the money but once Lake gets a fat contract will he be the same player?

Absolutely but there is no way the bulldogs would accept that as a straight swap. We'd probably have to throw in a pick. Unfortunately, it is well known now that he can't kick at goal, and his currency has begun to go down. Soon we will get nothing.

I say stick with Cloke but work on his weaknesses because they are costing the team.

If we can get a good young mid for him, then he should be moved on.

Nardz did you not watch the game yesterday? He was our only player that could take a contested mark, and you want to trade him? Then who'll be our CHF? Rocca?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke = Trade Bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back