Rumour Cloke wants 5 years, we say pump the brakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Barratt spud.
Dangles a Carrott in front of the Collingwood army in hope we stick around watching this train wreck for his 'best in the business' crappy update.
:cool:

Sort of implied that David is the stumbling block in that he was strangely absent.

Perhaps the 'father' as opposed to the 'manager' role is as most suspected hard to separate. As we know this can definitely cloud objective judgement and Travis may have finally realized this.

Hopefully they get the thing done!

What a flog, not even getting involved in the 60s because of his "credibility" must mean he can't have fun.... Anyway, good news about Cloke i guess, but then again he didn't really tell us much apart from Trav wants to stay, which we already know he does as hes already said it.

Damien Barrett says Cloke has told his agents he is sick of all the speculation etc and wants the deal done ASAP. Meeting took place today with agents minus Cloke senior and Collingwood people. More to come on The Footy Show.

thats a good sign then i guess ?

but i hope its not the five year deal he is wanting 4 years is fine

I agree and I bet players when they see him just want to Punch him in the Head

2sec.png

2 second photoshop, sums it up well though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it is great news on that front.

Trav has made his intentions clear. Ed has decided to pull everyone in and get the process sorted.

Fantastic news and great initiative by Trav. Could have dragged it out all season but in the ultimate professional stance he wants to refocus on his footy.

At least we know he is staying.

No David Cloke in the meeting = WIN.:thumbsu:

Deal will be done before we play the Eagles, I am confident of that, even though Barrett told us next to nothing other then who was in the meeting.

Ed will get it sorted.

Sometimes you need a circuit breaker in negotiations. Personalities are invested and sometimes you dig your heel in on issues that can be got around. Ed is very slick and will bridge the gap.

I doubt the gap is 200k. Personalities mean a lot in a tough corner and Ed will draw a line under this in short order. Travis wants to get it done. Let's throw an inflated building contract for the bros for some work on Vic Park.

Eddie should say - Sign the contract and enjoy the opportunity to play finals every year until you retire, Win flags, play with your mates and play for the biggest and best club in the land. Sign the contract or flop out to Freo and enjoy playing under Ross Lyons exciting game plan.

For an Extra 150,000 is it really worth it to go from training in the west pac centre and playing in front of 80,000 on the weekend - to training in a caravan, lifting bricks for weights and the only people watching are the coaching staff.

sign the contract big boy and lets see a flag this year!

Matt's is right.

The best sign the deal is about to be done is that David isn't there.

The off field manager was there, which means they're most likely working out what they can get done monetarily off field/life after football.

Which means its most likely that what they've organised for on field is already locked down.

Good news.

Ed said this morning that they were all just 'catching up' to make sure things are progressing nicely.

It really looks like the deal is done and they're just working out the finer details.

The fact that Ralph Carr is the one there and not David is probably the best sign. I'd say Ed and Geoff are trying to work on what Trav can get off field. I'd say we'll be seeing Trav on the footy show a LOT. Most likely be an ambassador for Crazy John, and might get an adidas sponsorship deal or something.

The off field manager was there, which means they're most likely working out what they can get done monetarily off field/life after football.

The fact that Ralph Carr is the one there and not David is probably the best sign. I'd say Ed and Geoff are trying to work on what Trav can get off field. I'd say we'll be seeing Trav on the footy show a LOT. Most likely be an ambassador for Crazy John, and might get an adidas sponsorship deal or something.
I think the club cannot negotiate an off-field contract / 3rd party deal for Trav as those got canned after Judd$ Visy deal. That doesn't stop Ralph Carr from arranging a deal.

Let's say Ed says to Carrs group, I hear via my sources..wink wink.. FCUK are looking for someone to promote their brand ....nudge nudge.. Wink wink, perhaps you could contact them about one of your clients *** cough** Trav ** cough ** and see if they are interested.

It would look great with Trav standing there in his big Y-front underwear.:eek:

I'm basically over all this Cloke contract stuff. Offer him $700K /year over 4 years, take it or leave it. We are winning big games without much contribution from him over the years. And that's without even mentioning his unreliable kicking for goal. If all we are talking about is providing a target and bringing the ball to he ground for the mids and small forwards to feed off then any one of Keefe/Reid/Brown/Tarrant could do this when we don't need additional talls in defence. Even Dawes is not being outmarked up forward and is contesting the ball and bringing it to the ground and he is not playing well at all. If paying overs for Cloke means the possibility of losing one of Beams/Sidebottom/Wellingham/etc then it's not worth it. Travis, to quote Bucks "all we want to know is, are you with us?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Cloke wants 5 years, we say pump the brakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back