Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Hird seriously go to Europe?
Non Issue - A number of players flew direct from perth to Bali. I remember a few years ago Terry Wallace went to Bali during the bye break and he copped flack in the media - Sometimes the media have nothing better to do with their time.

The cynic in me would suggest he has months in the offseason to complete whatever course he wants to complete.
Like September, for example

Hird spent time in the off-season September and November from memory. Its a non issue.

FWIW I am a big Hird fan and always have been.

I trust he can turn us around. But for the first time with him - this season I have been seriously questioning parts of our footy-related decision making.

I am not a Hird fan but have no issue with him being away for a few days - It's like people expect that all hands are on deck during the 14 day break.

Tom Bellchambers foot fracture. It's not as if EVERYONE could bloody well tell that he was injured.

More than ever convinced he's played his last game for EFC.

Bellchambers and Colyer would never have been injured at training if Hird didn't abandon them and jet off to Europe

Club needs to conduct an investigation as to why two players suffered the same injury - Its beyond ridiculous - I suggest that teams are over-training players.

Do you welcome opposition supporters opinions?

Is it weird that your footy style reminds me of the saints 09 preseason?

It's the ball remaining the the back half and the hesitancy to move forward, it doesn't seem a lack of confidence. It appears like guys are deliberately waiting for the perfect pass, that they've been trained to hold?

I'm probably wrong, but it is familiar, and James may not have moved on from that overly conservative style that was all the go prior to the obvious distractions that followed.

Question is does he have currency anymore? Would be a big big loss for us if he was just going to be delisted.

T-Bell will find a home - Though he is a FA - We should get compensation - Maybe between 30 or 40.

Do you welcome opposition supporters opinions?

Is it weird that your footy style reminds me of the saints 09 preseason?

It's the ball remaining the the back half and the hesitancy to move forward, it doesn't seem a lack of confidence. It appears like guys are deliberately waiting for the perfect pass, that they've been trained to hold?

I'm probably wrong, but it is familiar, and James may not have moved on from that overly conservative style that was all the go prior to the obvious distractions that followed.
Nah. I'm of the opinion that our game style (deliberately I don't refer to it as game plan) is the way it is becausewe have lost personnel up forward who haven't been replaced. There is nothing to kick to so the players go sideways instead.

If there is a criticism of hird, I'd say (funnily enough ATM) it could be his focus and the time he is putting in. not so much the going overseas, but if he has been spending time helping people write books, that is time he isn't spending planning how to win football. And as you state he has some catching up to do having not been around last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. I'm of the opinion that our game style (deliberately I don't refer to it as game plan) is the way it is becausewe have lost personnel up forward who haven't been replaced. There is nothing to kick to so the players go sideways instead.

If there is a criticism of hird, I'd say (funnily enough ATM) it could be his focus and the time he is putting in. not so much the going overseas, but if he has been spending time helping people write books, that is time he isn't spending planning how to win football. And as you state he has some catching up to do having not been around last season.
You can have Crameri back. He's barely best 22 at the Doggies now.

On the contrary it has worked for Collingwood and WBD. I'm actually really envious of the position Collingwood are in.

End of the day high draft picks give you the best chance of having talent, what you do with that talent is totally up to the people involved

As a Carlton supporter I advise not to tank. Not worth it.

And bulldogs and pies never tanked.
Pies just traded out senior players for early draft picks.

Plenty of cases where pick 7 ended up being than pick 3 etc etc. Look at Freo and sydney, didn't buoild their teams on high draft picks. More about developing later picks into good players

Plenty of cases where pick 7 ended up being than pick 3 etc etc. Look at Freo and sydney, didn't buoild their teams on high draft picks. More about developing later picks into good players
true
Multiple first round picks are handy though.

I mean more along the lines of finding which players will be apart of our future and moving on those who aren't

Caught On the Couch this morning. Was interesting hearing Hinkley talk about how the coach doesn't get a mental break, especially since his club is struggling, and it's his job to work out how to arrest the poor form and turn things around.

Made for an interesting comparison.

Bulldogs and Port built on top picks, so did Tigers. We really need couple of high picks

Bulldogs, Port and Tigers are all flagless from those builds.

Caught On the Couch this morning. Was interesting hearing Hinkley talk about how the coach doesn't get a mental break, especially since his club is struggling, and it's his job to work out how to arrest the poor form and turn things around.

Made for an interesting comparison.

Hird rewatched every game from this year, id suggest he is trying to figure out to arrest our form slump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back