Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sen is talking about this

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly (I'm a little slow ya see);

YOU claim that we can just wipe our collective arses with Hirds contract because of the violation. The VIOLATION I TELL YA!

Others proceed to point out the utter lunacy of your claim, and your response is, 'yeah but, SEN is talking about it!'?

Have a nap buddy.

Hird’s new contract was offered in spite? Christ

It was an inducement because the club and league needed to keep him out of the Supreme Court

Take a year, be the face, we’ll send you to INSEAD and give you a two year contract afterwards.

It was that or we go to court.

Reality for Hird is, he made the wrong decision and it’s still haunting him.

Of course, he was also blackmailed with further sanctions against the club if he didn’t. Welcome to the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i believe the club will keep James hird on, but if he loses the game against MelbourneFC thats when they'll review him

There’ll be vocal supporters throwing tanties with any decision the club makes.

I bet the same folk you speak of were blowing the front out of their pants when Hird was appointed on a whim.

The thing is, you can’t be dictated by them. We appoint boards, responding to every brain fart by some rabid punter in the stands just leads to chaos.

As for not showing up to games, personally I find it pathetic. It’s the one time of the week we get the players in front of us, and it’d like to think after all we’ve been through, we’d have a little more fortitude to risk seeing a heavy loss or two if it means rocking up and supporting the players. The rest of the week is for stone throwing imo, ring the club, ring SEN, post here, play with Hird voodoo dolls. The two hours on a weekend is when we see 22 blokes who’ve been to hell and back and it’d be good imo to show them some support rather than acres of empty seats because we can’t handle a loss.

I took my son to see St Kilda play Essendon. He is a 3yo. I told him that Jake Carlisle was not playing today. He was disappointed because he has 22 on the back of his Essendon jumper that he wore. He also brought a flag to wave when the Bombers score a goal.

My Daughter brought her little flag as well. She has a 4 on the back of her Bomber jumper. It was Jobe's day, but she is too young to know.

They sat there and watched as the St Kilda kids waved their flags over and over and over. They got excited when Hooker took a mark... at last a chance to wave the flag. Point from 30 meters out.

And things got worse and worse and worse and worse.

I took my son to see St Kilda play Essendon. He is a 3yo. I told him that Jake Carlisle was not playing today. He was disappointed because he has 22 on the back of his Essendon jumper that he wore. He also brought a flag to wave when the Bombers score a goal.

My Daughter brought her little flag as well. She has a 4 on the back of her Bomber jumper. It was Jobe's day, but she is too young to know.

They sat there and watched as the St Kilda kids waved their flags over and over and over. They got excited when Hooker took a mark... at last a chance to wave the flag. Point from 30 meters out.

What does that have to do with my post?

I can understand those who say that we should wait until the end of the year. But there is nothing to gain from keeping him next year. So he will need to be sacked, either mid-season or at the end of the year.

I cannot see him leading Essendon to a premiership. He is just too inexperienced as a coach at AFL level. His terrible match-day coaching shows his lack of experience. Sorry but it will be his own undoing. He could have been a great coach had he taken the regular route to coaching. Most successful coaches have years of experience as assistants.

I think the current list needs a few tweaks (and probably a rebuild), but we should let our next coach that'll build towards a premiership decide what to do. The club needs a fresh mind who has an outside perspective to bring some new ideas. Someone that'll be very honest with the state of the list.

I can imagine someone like Dew being shocked at the Essendon culture when coming from a well-drilled team like Sydney who have high standards.

By sacking him mid-season, you'll put yourself on the market for the best available coach, especially a team with a damaged brand like Essendon. We know it'll take a long discussion to convince a coach that Essendon is a place to come with the last 3 years on mind. By the end of the season, Carlton and Adelaide would have already contacted various coaches, leaving us second best.

More teams will overtake Essendon if they don't act now.

You are trying to make us sound like freaking morons.

And we are pathetic for not turning up to games.

Not sure if you have kids... they are excited to be young Bomber supporters. They have been lucky to meet some of the players.

You expect them to site there watching their idols get their arses kicked by the 14th placed team to the tune of 110 points.

Williamstown would have kicked their arse as well.

Melbourne will be thinking 80 points drubbing maybe....

Just man them up and they go to water. And none of them chase.

I can understand those who say that we should wait until the end of the year. But there is nothing to gain from keeping him next year. So he will need to be sacked, either mid-season or at the end of the year.

I cannot see him leading Essendon to a premiership. He is just too inexperienced as a coach at AFL level. His terrible match-day coaching shows his lack of experience. Sorry but it will be his own undoing. He could have been a great coach had he taken the regular route to coaching. Most successful coaches have years of experience as assistants.

I think the current list needs a few tweaks (and probably a rebuild), but we should let our next coach that'll build towards a premiership decide what to do. The club needs a fresh mind who has an outside perspective to bring some new ideas. Someone that'll be very honest with the state of the list.

I can imagine someone like Dew being shocked at the Essendon culture when coming from a well-drilled team like Sydney who have high standards.

By sacking him mid-season, you'll put yourself on the market for the best available coach, especially a team with a damaged brand like Essendon. We know it'll take a long discussion to convince a coach that Essendon is a place to come with the last 3 years on mind. By the end of the season, Carlton and Adelaide would have already contacted various coaches, leaving us second best.

More teams will overtake Essendon if they don't act now.

Why aren't the other coaches even seen speaking with Hird in the coaches box discussing the situtaion?

Why don't they walk out onto the ground with him?

Why don't they circle the players and give them a rev up like Bomber used to?

What is Hird doing with his board moving players around? Why is nobody else involved?

Why can't he try Hurley forward? He had 5 ineffective kicks out of the backline in a row.

Hooker went back and Saints piled on 15 * 2nd half goals with Hurley (our best player) playing into
Richardsons hand's, chasing his tail up and down the ground. All opposition teams have to do is run Hurley
around and around to make him ineffective.

Hird just needs to go we need a fresh start. His game plan is obviously not working and he is not willing to even attempt to change. He won't play kids. I'm sick of his contrived, predictable press conferences when he says the painfully obvious like "Well, we didn't play the way we wanted to play" or " We'll look at it during the week and try and fix it". IMO the players are simply not playing for him, weather it's saga related or they're just bored playing defensive BS who knows. Anyone who "Sticking by Hird" has their head up their ass or still think it's 1996. His reputation as an Essendon great is getting diminished week by week. Board, stop playing favorites, it's time to act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back