Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive difference IMO.

For mine, I think we miss Ryder as much as anyone, esp in the wake of TBCs form/injuries. We are getting smashed in the ruck, which means we are reactive.

Yep.
Don't forget a fit and healthy Watson
A fit Zaharakis
Support for Colyer who is now out.
What about a fit Winderlich who played 16 games last year.
Chapman - who rolled back the years for about 6 games last year before coming to a halt

The situation at the moment is the players have stopped trying, and they are not playing for their coach, they are playing to remove him.
If the players actually tried to make some sort of effort, I'd probably change my decision. But they keep this up, he's gotta go.
It's more a question of do they want to play at all anymore? The WADA/ASADA saga has got some players thinking if they actually want to play in the AFL at all anymore.

Yep.
Don't forget a fit and healthy Watson
A fit Zaharakis
Support for Colyer who is now out.
What about a fit Winderlich who played 16 games last year.
Chapman - who rolled back the years for about 6 games last year before coming to a halt
So you're saying if a whole heap of things were different, things might be different?

Sharp insight that.

It's more a question of do they want to play at all anymore? The WADA/ASADA saga has got some players thinking if they actually want to play in the AFL at all anymore.
So why are we keeping the guy who largely caused it?

Well instead of sacking the coach, would you recommend sacking the players?

People are quick to forget we matched Hawks for a half with the same gameplan. Yesterday was a train wreck but I don't think even Ross Lyon or Clarkson could fix it at the moment.

Whole footy dept must face scrutiny at season end though.

Hird has serious tactical deficiencies that don't seem to be able to fix and some very questionable personnel choices.

Lol... Are you forgetting where the pressure is coming from??

How would punting Hird now stop that?

We're in an unprecedented, unique situation. You can't cite other clubs with such simple situation in comparison.
So keeping the man who was the face of the supplement saga will be best for the club and players?

My position has not change since about July 2013. We cannot move on as a club with Hird as coach. Players are not enjoying the game with Hird constantly surrounded by the media. Most view players as the victims. Very simple.

Not to mention his deficiencies as a coach. There is nothing to gain keeping him as a coach. Nothing at all. Players don't play for him, he won't bring supporters to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2011. When was the other finals appearance under Hird exactly?

Don't be dishonest. We made and deserved to play finals in 2013. The AFL took it away as a deal to get the players off which worked quite well.

So in reality as a club we've made finals 3 out of 5 years. Do you cull the coach and his plans when you have a really bad year?

Don't be dishonest. We made and deserved to play finals in 2013.

Except Hird got us removed from them because of his actions

The AFL took it away as a deal to get the players off which worked quite well.

What complete garbage.
1. We are still facing charges on this, we are in no way 'off'
2. Its been very clearly stated that this is a completely seperate charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

So why are we keeping the guy who largely caused it?
The club is to blame not the man. The club got itself into the mess it's in and it can't move on until everything is aired. Sacking Hird achieves zero.
Well instead of sacking the coach, would you recommend sacking the players?
Dumb comments like this proves just how much you don't get it.

So keeping the man who was the face of the supplement saga will be best for the club and players?

My position has not change since about July 2013. We cannot move on as a club with Hird as coach. Players are not enjoying the game with Hird constantly surrounded by the media. Most view players as the victims. Very simple.

Not to mention his deficiencies as a coach. There is nothing to gain keeping him as a coach. Nothing at all. Players don't play for him, he won't bring supporters to the game.

We can't move on?

Garbage.

We can't move on because it's still going. We moved on ****in fine in the few weeks of respite we had.

Once it's over, THEN we can move on.

The only thing that is required to move on then is one thing: winning.

It's footy. All you need to do is win.

But not even that will do the job now. Wouldn't matter who is coaching.

Once it's over, we just need to win - under Hird or anybody else.

Don't be dishonest. We made and deserved to play finals in 2013. The AFL took it away as a deal to get the players off which worked quite well.

So in reality as a club we've made finals 3 out of 5 years. Do you cull the coach and his plans when you have a really bad year?
Tell me one year under Hird where we haven't fallen in a heap for about a month or so?

Okay did we win a final in that period?

Even 2013, there is no way we would've beaten Collingwood, who we were supposed to play. Collingwood smashed us by 79 points.

Incidentally, our biggest loss under Bomber was 53 points to Fremantle and 50 to Sydney.

Under Hird, we've lost more than 70 points in each year he has coached, looking hopeless for a month.

We can't move on?

Garbage.

We can't move on because it's still going. We moved on ****in fine in the few weeks of respite we had.

Once it's over, THEN we can move on.

The only thing that is required to move on then is one thing: winning.

It's footy. All you need to do is win.

But not even that will do the job now. Wouldn't matter who is coaching.

Once it's over, we just need to win - under Hird or anybody else.
If you really want to ignore the saga, then his record and experience speaks for itself. Either way, he isn't the right man

People are quick to forget we matched Hawks for a half with the same gameplan. Yesterday was a train wreck but I don't think even Ross Lyon or Clarkson could fix it at the moment.

Whole footy dept must face scrutiny at season end though.
Yeah and we had the wood on St Kilda under Knights, beating them twice in 2010 as well as a top 4 Bulldogs. Outside of the Hawthorn win, we've beaten Brisbane, Carlton and St Kilda. Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back