Coaching in the 2024 season - wtf was going on?

Remove this Banner Ad

With Teague being told goodbye part way through the season, and the various rumours of the players not knowing what the plan was, and the coaching group being broken - can anyone explain what happened?

To me a huge part of 2024 being such a bust can be explained by the coaching group being broken. Mixed messages between the old Dimma team and Ooze. Leads to both uncertainty in the players and lower morale and togetherness in the playing group.

If we can fix that (if it was a serious issue) then 2025 should be a lot better.

The club seems to have faced up to reality 1/2 way into the season and changed the coaching group and planned for a bottom place + exodus of players to bring a huge draft crop.

So WTF actually happened?

With Teague being told goodbye part way through the season, and the various rumours of the players not knowing what the plan was, and the coaching group being broken - can anyone explain what happened?

To me a huge part of 2024 being such a bust can be explained by the coaching group being broken. Mixed messages between the old Dimma team and Ooze. Leads to both uncertainty in the players and lower morale and togetherness in the playing group.

If we can fix that (if it was a serious issue) then 2025 should be a lot better.

The club seems to have faced up to reality 1/2 way into the season and changed the coaching group and planned for a bottom place + exodus of players to bring a huge draft crop.

So WTF actually happened?
So the old crew would he Teague, Rutten, Lambert and Maric?

Well 2 are gone now and replaced with 1 old Dimma man and Morris.

Could of been a split, but if there is, the FD are driving us off a cliff by being asleep at the wheel.

So the old crew would he Teague, Rutten, Lambert and Maric?

Well 2 are gone now and replaced with 1 old Dimma man and Morris.

Could of been a split, but if there is, the FD are driving us off a cliff by being asleep at the wheel.

One thing. The club has done a remarkably good job of making this low key. Compared to the sh*t show at Melbourne no one can see our dirty laundry.

hopefully the club worked out they were delusional by mid-season and took as really good look in the mirror and worked out how to get the best out of where we are. I'm all in to see what Ooze does next year. If he still has a dysfunctional game then he's shot. But if it starts to come together then perhaps we know more about what went wrong in 2024 (Apart from the camel man and unlucky injuries)

One thing. The club has done a remarkably good job of making this low key. Compared to the sh*t show at Melbourne no one can see our dirty laundry.

hopefully the club worked out they were delusional by mid-season and took as really good look in the mirror and worked out how to get the best out of where we are. I'm all in to see what Ooze does next year. If he still has a dysfunctional game then he's shot. But if it starts to come together then perhaps we know more about what went wrong in 2024 (Apart from the camel man and unlucky injuries)
For mine, I would tell Yze, "We understand that we are now in rebuild mode. What we are looking for is engagement and improvement on youth. If there appears to be players fully checked out by mid year, we will be having a difficult discussion."

I think another part of it was the club aiming to continue competing for flags without a full rebuild, and the fallout was largely due to this failing (injuries helped).

I think another part of it was the club aiming to continue competing for flags without a full rebuild, and the fallout was largely due to this failing (injuries helped).
Tried the Geelong route and totally failed. Probably part of it. But doesn't explain teague and the rumours

Fitness department root cause.
Fitness Dept was shocking.

But Teague got gotten rid of, and he rumours just then were pretty disturbing.

Anyway, I'll probably never hear anything solid and will have to be content with 7 potential A graders this year.

Could be an exciting next few years

Fitness Dept was shocking.

But Teague got gotten rid of, and the rumours just then were pretty disturbing.

Anyway, I'll probably never hear anything solid and will have to be content with 7 potential A graders this year.

Could be an exciting next few years
?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching in the 2024 season - wtf was going on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back