List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an opinion based business, as Ross likes to say.

Stop being so bombastic.

'qualified to comment'? :D Come on man. Drop the snide, rubbish.

You're very entertaining I'll give you that, but a troll, and that's the reason you've been banned numerous times before. You should review your own opinions + behaviours before you comment on others, least you be banned again, and I must say it does get very annoying trying to keep up with your myriad of aliases.

Listen dickhead.

Last week you came on here and bagged the shit out of De Boer and YOU HADN'T EVEN WATCHED THE GAME!!

This week you talk smack about Sylvia and then bag Sheridan, and you are unaware what our training reporters talked about during the week.

All that I am asking is that you INFORM YOURSELF, before spouting your horseshit.

You are a bellend.

He looks ripped. the stories about him being unfit are BS.
This is a guy obsessed with his body and fitness.

The only thing I can think of is maybe Slyvia has not yet learnt the gameplan adequately.

What has Sheridan done to "earn" a game that Slyvia hasn't?

The game plan at Peel is one on one basically,beat your man,put in the effort and you'll get a touch or two
As yet Sylvia hasnt been able to achieve this consistently.
Sheridan has put in the effort in all his Peel games

Listen dickhead.

Last week you came on here and bagged the shit out of De Boer and YOU HADN'T EVEN WATCHED THE GAME!!

This week you talk smack about Sylvia and then bag Sheridan, and you are unaware what our training reporters talked about during the week.

All that I am asking is that you INFORM YOURSELF, before spouting your horseshit.

You are a bellend.

The course language is unnecessary, if only for efficiency reasons. Get to the point. I'm sick of trawling through your posts to find the actual content of your messages.

2nd: Sheridan was DROPPED IE his performances were not up to standard (according to the coaching staff/selection committee). Not that I actually "bagged" him so to say, that was your interpretation of things. Stop being so cynical.

I also did watch last week's game live (including De Boer's performance), you seem to be clutching at straws here- and with that: goodnight, thanks for our little repartee.

The course language is unnecessary, if only for efficiency reasons. Get to the point. I'm sick of trawling through your posts to find the actual content of your messages.

2nd: Sheridan was DROPPED IE his performances were not up to standard (according to the coaching staff/selection committee). Not that I actually "bagged" him so to say, that was your interpretation of things. Stop being so cynical.

I also did watch last week's game live (including De Boer's performance), you seem to be clutching at straws here- and with that: goodnight, thanks for our little repartee.

You didn't even know where he played or who he played on, such is your knowledge of the game.

You are full of shit.

Go follow soccer FFS.

Pretty sure that the point in all of my posts is crystal clear.

Oh, and it's "coarse", smartarse.

Stick to the invective slicencidiced and don't bother giving me advice on what I should do.

Are you seriously trying to fling shit at bushie?

Take my advice, stop being a dickhead

The only thing I can think of is maybe Slyvia has not yet learnt the gameplan adequately.

By your logic, every pill head at 'Futures' or whatever those lame festivals must be elite footballers because they're all 'totez swol'.

Most likely scenarios:
  • conditioning is not at the required level to run out a full AFL game under our gameplan specifically
  • may not have his head completely around Freo gameplan; see pt. 1
  • Attitude behind the scenes leaves a lot to be desired with regards to understanding of how he carries himself at training and playing at Peel - that last part is clearly evident as of this weekend after being overlooked in favour of Simpson
  • Likewise, Sheridan is not one to have ever displayed these traits evidently, he may not win games off his own boot at Peel, however he has shown to leave it all out on the park and play with purpose, unlike Colin.
slicedndiced don't get carded for this guy, it's just not worth it.. And I need some entertaining posts to read at work tomorrow.. :p

By your logic, every pill head at 'Futures' or whatever those lame festivals must be elite footballers because they're all 'totez swol'.

Most likely scenarios:
  • conditioning is not at the required level to run out a full AFL game under our gameplan specifically
  • Attitude behind the scenes leaves a lot to be desired with regards to understanding of how he carries himself at training and playing at Peel - that last part is clearly evident as of this weekend after being overlooked in favour of Simpson
  • Likewise, Sheridan is not one to have ever displayed these traits evidently, he may not win games off his own boot at Peel, however he has shown to leave it all out on the park and play with purpose, unlike Colin.
slicedndiced don't get carded for this guy, it's just not worth it.. And I need some entertaining posts to read at work tomorrow.. :p

meh, I hate pricks who come on here just to bag out players, when they haven't even watched the game.

I hope Sylvia gets a game soon, if its fitness related, attitude, etc, he would still be the best sub in the AFL. My opinion is that he is the missing
link in our team, include him in our midfield, almost impossible to stop Freo, need big mature experienced bodies in finals.
Lyon hopefully has grown from his days at St Kilda, where he gave Collingwood Ball, and then the GF. Ball didn't want to leave saints, then they
let him walk into another contender.
I understand they are trying to turn Colin around. but after last weeks game for Peel, and injuries, I thought he would get the call up.
I think he needs a chance, shown some faith, that he is required, would be a shame to see another player walk. As I said he would be the best
sub in the league.

I hope Sylvia gets a game soon, if its fitness related, attitude, etc, he would still be the best sub in the AFL. My opinion is that he is the missing
link in our team, include him in our midfield, almost impossible to stop Freo, need big mature experienced bodies in finals.
Lyon hopefully has grown from his days at St Kilda, where he gave Collingwood Ball, and then the GF. Ball didn't want to leave saints, then they
let him walk into another contender.
I understand they are trying to turn Colin around. but after last weeks game for Peel, and injuries, I thought he would get the call up.
I think he needs a chance, shown some faith, that he is required, would be a shame to see another player walk. As I said he would be the best
sub in the league.

so you will still give him a game after this week's game for peel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most likely scenarios:

Well said Nicko, I would add that Sheridan was dropped, and was only given 40% game time so that he could play AFL the next day if required which he was pissed of about (he wanted to play football), but unlike Sylvia who sulked he got 22 possession in 40% of a game while Sylvia could only manage 13 in a full game. There are two ways to react when you are disappointed, and for not the first time this year Sylvia has reacted the wrong way.

so you will still give him a game after this week's game for peel?
No, but as I said soon. Tell him to go out and enjoy the game, play to the best of your abilities and a call up is coming. You have to dangle the carrot
in front of the donkey so to speak.
Footy players are all different, that is what makes the game great, I would just like to see what he is capable of at the top level, I think he can make
our team a lot better, and if that is the difference in a GF, I can handle him being a knob.

sub in the league.

Getting into the team isn't about faith. It is earned. Sylvia hasn't done enough to earn a spot. He has seen what is required. Clarke, Simpson and Clancee all did it. If you destroy the WAFL, your name will come up at selection. If you run around for Peel just going through the motions, then you will stay at Peel.

The thing I like most about this Colin Sylvia debate is those that believe Fremantle has a "no dickheads" policy are the same ones who are calling Colin Sylvia a dickhead.

Yes Col will get a chance when he earns it.
And when he earns it, I believe he will be set up to take it.
Ross doesn't set players up for failure, he sets them up to succeed.

No, but as I said soon. Tell him to go out and enjoy the game, play to the best of your abilities and a call up is coming. You have to dangle the carrot
in front of the donkey so to speak.
Footy players are all different, that is what makes the game great, I would just like to see what he is capable of at the top level, I think he can make
our team a lot better, and if that is the difference in a GF, I can handle him being a knob.

It's not about him being a knob, it's about teaching him that effort is non-negoatiable at all times if he wants to play in this team.

That's always been the knock on him at Melbourne, and that's what our coaches have to get out of him if he's going to reach his potential here.

Hope he gets out on the field, he's a great player when he gets going. And remember, Danyle Pearce came in a similar position to Sylvia. Playing fairly poorly at his old club after starting his career really well, then his team's overall performance dragged him down as well. We picked up Pearce and now he's back at his flying best. Maybe Slyvia will do the same.

I did say soon, its the old carrot or the stick, some players respond differently. Like I said encourage him, embrace the challenge, his form for Peel has
been ok, until last weekend. Its up to management to get the best out of him, making him the sub would still have the desired effect.

I did say soon, its the old carrot or the stick, some players respond differently. Like I said encourage him, embrace the challenge, his form for Peel has
been ok, until last weekend. Its up to management to get the best out of him, making him the sub would still have the desired effect.

The carrot is a game in Purple, the stick is continued games in Teal. He knows where the carrot is, he just needs to move forward to get it.

A lot of people are projecting their own hopes and prejudices into the Sylvia situation.

The reality is that it's a pretty simple case of Sylvia still not hitting fitness KPIs. All this talk of attitude problems etc is completely without basis.

No smoke without fire.
There's no reason why Sheridan, not a noted possession getter picked up 22 disposals in 40% game time when Sylvia was visibly dismal in his second efforts in garnering 13 disposals.

Have a guess which one is more likely to play next weekend out of the two?

A lot of people are projecting their own hopes and prejudices into the Sylvia situation.

The reality is that it's a pretty simple case of Sylvia still not hitting fitness KPIs. All this talk of attitude problems etc is completely without basis.

I haven't said anything about attitude. I was saying essentially the same as you, that he hasn't shown enough at Peel to get a game in Purple yet. Once he shows some consistent form, he'll come in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back