List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see a poster here who wants Sylvia to fail. He's now one of ours and will be a welcome addition to the team once he is doing everything right in Ross's eyes. RTB is hard and this will benefit Col in the long run. I too am impatient waiting to see how Sylvia will play with good players around him and think we will ultimately benefit from his experience and goal kicking, but I still want him to earn his place in the 22. No free rides for anyone.

I haven't said anything about attitude. I was saying essentially the same as you, that he hasn't shown enough at Peel to get a game in Purple yet. Once he shows some consistent form, he'll come in.

His previous 2 games for Peel were pretty good. He wasn't picked because he still isn't fit enough for Lyon's standards. Then he played 1 poor game and suddenly everyone is getting stuck into him for having a terrible attitude and dropping his bundle etc.

There are indeed quite a few people here who are wanting Sylvia to fail. For the same reason there were quite a few who wanted Dawson and Danyle Pearce to fail.

A lot of people are projecting their own hopes and prejudices into the Sylvia situation.

The reality is that it's a pretty simple case of Sylvia still not hitting fitness KPIs. All this talk of attitude problems etc is completely without basis.

Have you had a look at a Peel game or training
If he is not fit now after a pre season and 4 or 5 games just maybe his attitude is the problem.
Clark,Taberner,Clancee,Ibbo,Silvagni all didnt have any problem regaining fitness after injury all of which where more significant than Sylvia's
Surely you can see that the reason he is not getting a game has nothing to do with his fitness

Have you had a look at a Peel game or training
If he is not fit now after a pre season and 4 or 5 games just maybe his attitude is the problem.
Clark,Taberner,Clancee,Ibbo,Silvagni all didnt have any problem regaining fitness after injury all of which where more significant than Sylvia's
Surely you can see that the reason he is not getting a game has nothing to do with his fitness

you shush ... you just want him to fail

There were people here last week criticising Sylvia's game for Peel even when he was named in their best players. Those people are just seeing what they want to see, which is Sylvia failing.

There were people here last week criticising Sylvia's game for Peel even when he was named in their best players. Those people are just seeing what they want to see, which is Sylvia failing.

this week hannath was named as one of peel's best ... salim malik, stop hating on my buddy and wanting him to fail

His previous 2 games for Peel were pretty good. He wasn't picked because he still isn't fit enough for Lyon's standards. Then he played 1 poor game and suddenly everyone is getting stuck into him for having a terrible attitude and dropping his bundle etc.

There are indeed quite a few people here who are wanting Sylvia to fail. For the same reason there were quite a few who wanted Dawson and Danyle Pearce to fail.

I can't speak for everybody else, but I want him to work harder and to deliver week in\week out. He played a brilliant game last week and I thought he had turned the corner, but to get 13 possession was simply not good enough.

I thought he would have played AFL against the bombers, and most people agreed with me, but I am just shocked that his form could drop so quickly.

I think he now need 3+ good games in the WAFL before we consider him in the AFL.

I think it happens for every player. Some people last week thought Matty DeBoer wasn't great, others had him in their POTY votes. Same this week for Suban ... having his critics, yet others having him in their best. Mzungu, Dawson, the Pearce's and many others divide our BF supporters. It's not a Sylvia thing. Surely by now you have to believe RTB and the match selectors know if not what's best, know at least better than most of us plebs.

I'm not arguing with RTB at all. The reason Sylvia is playing WAFL is pretty clear, he's not yet up to the fitness standards which RTB requires.

I'm arguing with the people who are saying that his non-selection is a result of his bad attitude or lack of ability which it clearly isn't.

FWIW I think his non-selection and poor showing in the WAFL this week were both because of the heat. He was awful in the first pre-season game which was played in 30+ temperature, and I'm willing that Ross was not willing to bring him in for a game where the same sort of conditions were predicted. And on that count he was 100% correct because Sylvia struggled again in the heat.

I made mention of his worst on ground performance in the Joondalup NAB game against West Coast. His effort was appalling and the writing was on the wall then. But his best is definitely good enough, he just needs to harden the **** up.

I'm not arguing with RTB at all. The reason Sylvia is playing WAFL is pretty clear, he's not yet up to the fitness standards which RTB requires.

I'm arguing with the people who are saying that his non-selection is a result of his bad attitude or lack of ability which it clearly isn't.

FWIW I think his non-selection and poor showing in the WAFL this week were both because of the heat. He was awful in the first pre-season game which was played in 30+ temperature, and I'm willing that Ross was not willing to bring him in for a game where the same sort of conditions were predicted. And on that count he was 100% correct because Sylvia struggled again in the heat.

You haven't been to training, you haven't watched his Peel games, you say the posters on here who are generally respected in their opinions have a vendetta against him. First it was his injuries, then his fitness, then understanding of the game plan and now it's the heat? How many other excuses are you going to give him before you wake up to reality?

edit-
John Townsend ‏@johnt237 2h
big names in the book after #wafl r4 - Freo's Colin Sylvia, Sandover fave Paul Johnson + Bernie Naylor winner Ben Saunders

Looks like he's been reported too.

You haven't been to training, you haven't watched his Peel games, you say the posters on here who are generally respected in their opinions have a vendetta against him. First it was his injuries, then his fitness, then understanding of the game plan and now it's the heat? How many other excuses are you going to give him before you wake up to reality?

edit-
big names in the book after #wafl r4 - Freo's Colin Sylvia, Sandover fave Paul Johnson + Bernie Naylor winner Ben Saunders

He has been offered 4 weeks, let's hope he enjoys running. (See a different thread for the details)

edit-

you know what they say ... mothers know best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First it was his injuries, then his fitness, then understanding of the game plan and now it's the heat? How many other excuses are you going to give him before you wake up to reality?

Nah, it's always been his fitness. The people who are saying he "doesn't understand the game plan" are the ones I've been arguing against. The game plan is the same as always. Get ball, kick ball. He already knows how to do that.

I'm looking forward to all the haters coming in here now to gloat that he's about to be suspended.

Nah, it's always been his fitness. The people who are saying he "doesn't understand the game plan" are the ones I've been arguing against. The game plan is the same as always. Get ball, kick ball. He already knows how to do that.

I'm looking forward to all the haters coming in here now to gloat that he's about to be suspended.

I think you are confusing people that think you are a **** with people that want Colin to fail.

Yeah, I'm sure people like this guy in the other thread are posting stuff like this because of our personal history:

What a fool. I'm already losing patience with this guy and he has been on the list just over 6 months. I'm starting to think reprogramming the Melbourne out of players is more trouble than it's worth.

If you think that is the entirety of our game plan, you have not really been paying attention. I think you are confusing Freo's 2014 game plan with Melbournes 2006-2013 game plan (or Carltons 2014 gameplan).

Seriously fitness :rolleyes: after a full pre with a small hiccup and now 3 WAFL games .Please you are making a fool of your self.
Freo supporters want him to pull his finger out and succeed .A midfield with him and Mora plus the other main players was something we all salivated over
He is out of form,frustrated not unfit

edit-

Deluded - 8 ways from Sunday.

It'd be comical if it wasn't so sad.

I think you are vastly overestimating how different Lyon's game plan is to every other team in the comp.

The difference is that our players are fitter and therefore much better at executing a full-ground press. There's nothing revolutionary about it, but it does ask a lot of your players in terms of fitness.

I have read plenty of nonsense on these boards over the years. But this is total drivel.

What normal Freo supporter would want any players to fail ? Seriously, I cant believe I read that.

The genuine hope of any sane person is to have a full, healthy list throughout the year, so that when we do cop the inevitable injury and suspension the selectors have the luxury of dipping into the pool and replace like for like.

Unless you are fishing that is.

The game plan is the same as always. Get ball, kick ball.

I remember Fyfe saying they had to do exams on the Ross Lyon Game plan.

Well, I have been able to get a hold of one of them.

Here, for the first time ever! Ross Lyons game plan essay.

Please don't distribute this outside of the Freo board. It's quite sensitive.

Ross Lyons footy quiz!

You must achieve a 50% pass rate to play for Freo.

1. The first step in the Freo game plan is to ______ the ball? (Pick the word that best fits)

a. Get

b. Swallow

c. Eat

d. Toothbrush

2. The second step in the Freo game plan is to ______ the ball? (Pick the word that best fits)

a. Kick

b. Swallow

c. Eat

d. toothbrush

ahaha he didnt play well because it was too hot?

you sure it wasn't because he forgot to change his nappy before the game?

Is it really so hard to believe? Essendon suffered from the heat too. People who aren't from WA aren't used to playing footy in 30+ degree heat.
I can't speak for everybody else, but I want him to work harder and to deliver week in\week out. He played a brilliant game last week and I thought he had turned the corner, but to get 13 possession was simply not good enough.

It's funny because Suban has got 8, 10 and 15 possessions in his 3 games this year and people are arguing that he's a superstar. But Sylvia gets 13 and all of a sudden he's got an attitude problem and isn't trying hard enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back