NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a standard office job.

People have no standards anymore. three hour lunches when they're in junior positions, fake Teams meetings, getting in at 9.44 and leaving at 4.30 and an hour lunch break with 10 stops to the coffee machine that take 10-minutes a time. people taking personal phone calls, chicks sitting on clothing sites, people treating an email as an all-day task...

I have worked some genuinely horseshit jobs and coming back into the corporate field has been mindblowing. the standards have gone to absolute nowt since covid.
Well since wfh is an option now, work day starts when employees begin commute to office. Don't want to have that? Permanent wfh then. Most employees want that

Game is run by 50yo+ white men from top to bottom

I’d guess 90% at the very least in terms of AFL commissioners, club chairmen and CEOs.

While that remains nothing changes. You either move them on or wait for them to die out.
Because white men built the sport?
Why is netball 99.9% woman? Because woman built the sport?

Needs to go through the court hearings and procedures so the facts can be determined.
At this point nothing is established either way.
This is a civil claim.so.the judge will hand down a finding if it gets that far then the club can decide any action.

So a disgruntled former employee makes claims and most people here jump on board with no evidence…..

Kelly may well be a goose but he deserves procedural fairness
Kelly is not on trial. The matter is a Fair Work claim against CFC. The document lodged was "Application - Dismissal from employment in contravention of a general protection"

Because white men built the sport?
Why is netball 99.9% woman? Because woman built the sport?

I didn’t ask why. I’m merely stating the fact that the game is run by men born in the 50s, 60s and 70s. It’s a pretty closed shop. They’re mostly less bigoted than their parents and more bigoted than their kids. That’s just the society they grew up in. While they’re ruling the roost these sorts of things will happen sometimes. So move them on or wait for them to drop off naturally if you want it to totally change.

Maybe someone is trying to build on the Hawthorn racism scandal taking up such a lot of time and 'newspace' sadly.
Justice John Middleton dismissing that accusation as being with 'no basis whatsoever' in May.
People everywhere say things different to what others accept. (e.g Parliament everyday lol) Trying for monetary gain out of it shouldn't be an acceptable solution.

I didn’t ask why. I’m merely stating the fact that the game is run by men born in the 50s, 60s and 70s. It’s a pretty closed shop. They’re mostly less bigoted than their parents and more bigoted than their kids. That’s just the society they grew up in. While they’re ruling the roost these sorts of things will happen sometimes. So move them on or wait for them to drop off naturally if you want it to totally change.
Bigoted? What are they bigoted about?

So a disgruntled former employee makes claims and most people here jump on board with no evidence…..

Kelly may well be a goose but he deserves procedural fairness
A disgruntled person employed by the club to stamp out racism. It’s not a good look. Sure people are entitled to procedural fairness but wowee this looks bad.

Maybe someone is trying to build on the Hawthorn racism scandal taking up such a lot of time and 'newspace' sadly.
Justice John Middleton dismissing that accusation as being with 'no basis whatsoever' in May.
People everywhere say things different to what others accept. (e.g Parliament everyday lol) Trying for monetary gain out of it shouldn't be an acceptable solution.
It is possible that he is simply seeking monetary gain, but that is judgement on Cleaver's motives based on nothing material.

So far he has simply followed the procedures for protection of his workplace rights under the FWA. In the first instance the FWC was unable to resolve his dispute with Collingwood through mediation or conciliation. They then issued him with a s368 certificate, which certifies that they do not believe the dispute can be resolved through mediation, enabling him to pursue his claim in the Federal Court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s very hard not to jump to conclusions with a detailed sets of facts setting out a pattern of behaviour but sure there could be another side to the story.

But if there is some weak arse “it was just a joke” argument it can get farked
If you jump to conclusions after hearing one person's account and not the other person's, that's a character fault on your behalf.

Collingwood’s statement didn’t deny any of it happened, just said well it’s not illegal so all good with us 👍

If that is the case then I don’t think the Pies take any of this seriously.
Yeah it's exactly what Collingwood said lol. Nice narrative you're spinning bud.

doesn't really matter if it was true or not in todays climate you are ****ed without a fair trial
This is literally before the courts.

Do better ? Couldn’t do any worse. Pretty sure lots of Pies supporters would be livid. Pies have a very diverse fan base. Ned Needs to go now
We need more likeminded people like you on juries. If we had 12 similar geniuses you could say to the judge right at the outset , “listen your worship, no need to go through all the rigmarole of a trial. We find the defendant guilty as charged, we don’t need to hear from him”. This would certainly save a lot of time and expense.

Jerk.

Yeah it's exactly what Collingwood said lol. Nice narrative you're spinning bud.

Was one of the poorer statements released by a club in response to a scandal.

They obviously have an idea about the veracity of the claims if they’ve done an internal and external review + police involvement and haven’t denied any of it happened in the statement. Yikes.

Good to hear the pies are backing in their processes and procedures that have found Craig Kelly innocent of the accusations. I am supportive of the club fighting this out in the courts rather than settling for a lump sum.

Would be interesting to see some counter claims against Mr Cleaver for defamation.

So some grifter can make a bunch of (mostly trivial) allegations and 90% of people automatically believe it?

I'm no Collingwood / Kelly fan but innocent until proven guilty surely.
It's 2024.

In this day and age, surely you would know that anyone who is accused of something is automatically guilty?

Trial by internet.

We need more likeminded people like you on juries. If we had 12 similar geniuses you could say to the judge right at the outset , “listen your worship, no need to go through all the rigmarole of a trial. We find the defendant guilty as charged, we don’t need to hear from him”. This would certainly save a lot of time and expense.

Jerk.
Chill. Of course there are different sides of a story and people have a right to test evidence. I think you’ll find that I may have some expertise in this area too (😂).

But equally there are often times where a first glance of very detailed allegations showing a pattern of behaviour from a person whose job it is to document such behaviour should be a given a substantial amount of weight as evidence - it would take a hell of a different account to refute this. That’s not me jumping to conclusions - it’s me using my common sense

I haven't read the article because it is behind the paywall, but were the exact 'racial slurs' allegedly used?

Chill. Of course there are different sides of a story and people have a right to test evidence. I think you’ll find that I may have some expertise in this area too (😂).

But equally there are often times where a first glance of very detailed allegations showing a pattern of behaviour from a person whose job it is to document such behaviour should be a given a substantial amount of weight as evidence - it would take a hell of a different account to refute this. That’s not me jumping to conclusions - it’s me using my common sense
So what did you first think about the allegations against Clarkson & your club?

Given your thoughts on the Collingwood matter, I assume that you thought Clarkson was guilty straight away as alleged?

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back