NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there ever any examples of 'systematic racism' at Collingwood that allowed these perpetually offended people to come out of the woodwork (university) and get paid a huge salary by the football club they despised? Also how long and firm does a handshake have to be to be classified as assault, I feel a post traumatic stress case coming on from my past

Why do so many people straight away give the benefit of the doubt to the person that is being investigated for racism? Can't wait for the 'but he's a good bloke' argument. Let's see people like Kelly take responsibility for hurt he has allegedly caused.
perhaps the general principle of innocent until proven guilty?
and the potential issue that the accuser may have other motivation (I do note that the accusers' complaints did start before his employment was terminated though)

Yes, that is equivalent 🤦

From the club that gave us Ginnivan, De Goey, Swan, Didak, Shaw etc and that's only this century you want to throw those stones from your glass house?
You're the one who brought up bringing the 'game into disrepute' in relation to things said between two employees in their workplace 🙄

Your club has got quite the list itself : Smith, Clarry, May, Melksham, Goodwin, Hunter, tanking scandal .. etc etc

It's not just maguire, maguire is just one of them.

Maguire could do what he did because the club, board, staff allowed the casual racism to happen.

Mark my words, if collingwood is a sporting club in europe, it would have been shutdown in the early 2000s.
You better check out Serie A

He's suing. He would be wanting a financial settlement.

What does the playing group have to do with this? It's absurd to even suggest it, let alone get excited by the idea 🥴

None of these allegations even occurred during the footy season & have absolutely nothing to do with the players & team.

It was a line thrown out by Cleaver's lawyer to grab the attention of people like yourself. Sucked in.
Still completely inappropriate from anyone head of any organisation, let alone the biggest sporting team in the country and borderline the southern hemisphere.

The shit he said is the stuff me and my dickhead mates say with some irony and sarcasm in a group chat when we're all solo drinking on a Friday night.

Workplaces these days are very very sanitised environments. being this brazen is a bad sign. for plenty of reasons.

Game is run by 50yo+ white men from top to bottom

I’d guess 90% at the very least in terms of AFL commissioners, club chairmen and CEOs.

While that remains nothing changes. You either move them on or wait for them to die out.
I love how this whole '50-plus white cisgender men!' thing is used as an excuse.

I work a boring office job. the women there who bitch and moan and undermine one another are in their 50s, are white, and are cisgender too. they've burnt about two marriages with three kids each and think every man is evil and say things to me like 'he's just a typical [insert race here], you know what I mean?'

Half of the non-white people I deal with are chauvinists and have no people skills and sometimes have no English skills.

The Zoomers we have (all women) come in at quarter to 10 on their first day, wear Nikes and branded hoodies every day, and asked to work from home and to set their own hours within a week of being in their first ever proper job.

Everyone is ****ed in their own way.

I love how this whole '50-plus white cisgender men!' thing is used as an excuse.

I work a boring office job. the women there who bitch and moan and undermine one another are in their 50s, are white, and are cisgender too. they've burnt about two marriages with three kids each and think every man is evil and say things to me like 'he's just a typical [insert race here], you know what I mean?'

Half of the non-white people I deal with are chauvinists and have no people skills and sometimes have no English skills.

The Zoomers we have (all women) come in at quarter to 10 on their first day, wear Nikes and branded hoodies every day, and asked to work from home and to set their own hours within a week of being in their first ever proper job.

Everyone is ****ed in their own way.
What's your job it sounds like everyone takes the piss?

What's your job it sounds like everyone takes the piss?
Just a standard office job.

People have no standards anymore. three hour lunches when they're in junior positions, fake Teams meetings, getting in at 9.44 and leaving at 4.30 and an hour lunch break with 10 stops to the coffee machine that take 10-minutes a time. people taking personal phone calls, chicks sitting on clothing sites, people treating an email as an all-day task...

I have worked some genuinely horseshit jobs and coming back into the corporate field has been mindblowing. the standards have gone to absolute nowt since covid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still completely inappropriate from anyone head of any organisation, let alone the biggest sporting team in the country and borderline the southern hemisphere.

The shit he said is the stuff me and my dickhead mates say with some irony and sarcasm in a group chat when we're all solo drinking on a Friday night.

Workplaces these days are very very sanitised environments. being this brazen is a bad sign. for plenty of reasons.
I didn't defend anyone saying any of these things, not even to dickhead mates on a Friday night.

But just to be clear, Cleaver first raised the matter in March, with the club then looking into the concerns.

There was an internal process which took place, then an external expert was engaged to review the findings. Both processes found no breach of workplace law

Following the conclusion of both processes, the former staff member made further allegations to Victoria Police, which examined them and determined not to take any further action.

Cleaver was employed by Collingwood for a period of six months & their employment ended for reasons unrelated to their concerns.

Following their departure, the former staff member lodged an application with the Fair Work Commission but the matter was not resolved.

The club believes that it has acted lawfully and intends to defend the matter and a directions hearing in the Federal Circuit and Family Court has been listed for August 27.

So let's wait & see what happens at court before jumping to conclusions about what actually took place.

If you want to see what a complete scam this and other cases like it are: Kelly said he really cared about 'our indigenous boys' and this woman with a fancy job title hammered him for saying 'our' because 'they are not property ' probably eluding to slavery and proving once again people will find a way to be offended if the price is right

So some grifter can make a bunch of (mostly trivial) allegations and 90% of people automatically believe it?

I'm no Collingwood / Kelly fan but innocent until proven guilty surely.

Collingwood’s statement didn’t deny any of it happened, just said well it’s not illegal so all good with us 👍

If that is the case then I don’t think the Pies take any of this seriously.

I’d say it’s very possible that both

- this bloke doesn’t need or deserve some big cash payout

- Kelly is a bigoted dinosaur straight out of the 1980s who has always been his own boss and has never been properly pulled up or checked on extremely inappropriate behaviour as a leader in the workplace

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back