NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day anyone can make an allegation and either it is true or false mud will stick and if there is no evidence or witnesses it comes down to a she said he said or in this case a he said they said. Bit of a trigger alert for those who are a bit on the woke side: it is a Football Club not some cat ladies convention or a French Olympic opening ceremony committee you are dealing with VB drinking firm handshaking blokes that have had some concussions which doesn't mean someone should not have a sake workplace but maybe Cleaver and Kelly have different ideas on what is or isn't offensive

Collingwood has been dumped – “effective immediately” – as a partner of a leading First Nations support service in the wake of the Craig Kelly racism scandal.
Dardi Munwurro, an Indigenous family violence group, said the scandal engulfing the Pies and their chief executive had “left us no choice but to terminate our partnership with them effective immediately”.

The support group said the pain of the scandal was “simply too great to tolerate” and “causing great emotional and spiritual harm to us and our people”.

Collingwood has been dumped – “effective immediately” – as a partner of a leading First Nations support service in the wake of the Craig Kelly racism scandal.
Dardi Munwurro, an Indigenous family violence group, said the scandal engulfing the Pies and their chief executive had “left us no choice but to terminate our partnership with them effective immediately”.

The support group said the pain of the scandal was “simply too great to tolerate” and “causing great emotional and spiritual harm to us and our people”.
What exactly does a first nations support service do and what would be their KPI's?

I repeat: this is the same organisation that says it is owed half a million dollars by a sponsor so make of that what you will

Interesting..

Mark Cleaver complaint:
"Kelly allegedly spoke to Cleaver and grabbed their hand to forcefully squeeze it. The tight grip caused Cleaver significant pain because of multiple sclerosis, the court documents claim.
Cleaver says they struggled to extricate their hand from Kelly."

Mark Cleaver Artist:
"With my MS I’ve got parathesis in both hands, which means that I've got no feeling at all,.."

So, does he have feeling in his hands or no feeling in his hands?
How far apart were the event and the interview you linked?

"In most instances, numbness comes and goes, and is not disabling. If you just started having numbness due to an MS relapse, your provider may prescribe a brief course of corticosteroids to speed up recovery. These types of drugs reduce inflammation and suppress your immune system, which is helpful in autoimmune conditions."

How far apart were the event and the interview you linked?

"In most instances, numbness comes and goes, and is not disabling. If you just started having numbness due to an MS relapse, your provider may prescribe a brief course of corticosteroids to speed up recovery. These types of drugs reduce inflammation and suppress your immune system, which is helpful in autoimmune conditions."

Interview dated as May 2022.

Only quoting their own words. "No feeling" versus "Significant pain".

I guess these are some of the things which will all be tested in court to distinguish fact from fiction.

Last edited:
Interview dated as May 2022.

Only quoting their own words. "No feeling" versus "Significant pain".

I guess these are some of the things which will all be tested in court to distinguish fact from fiction.
Yeah but it's sort of a "only asking questions" type thing.

Basic info says it is an intermittent issue with most people.

I don't see any real reason to call anything into doubt over those two quotes.

I’ve no love for Craig Kelly but surely if he was as big a douche as the accusations suggest, it would be widely known throughout AFL circles.

He has been in the industry for over 30 years and this type of behaviour would’ve been outed well before now

Some of those accusations are absurdly outlandish

Herald sun reporting Cleaver wanted $250,000 from pies to make case go away
As stated previously, I’d be the last bloke to defend collingwood/Ned, but this reeks of a money grab from the get go. Pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole mess can be traced back to Harry the Brazilian. Collingwood had been sitting on 3 strikes due to errors in judgement from Alan McAllister, Monkhurst and Eddie so when the Brazilian had a melt down Pies public relations team went into overdrive and hired someone to do a review that was always going to be negative so public relations team then went overboard and hired people who literary are holding you to ransom, one word from them and sponsors and your good name are gone and they get drunk with this power.

errors in judgement from Alan McAllister, Monkhurst and Eddie
Oh yeah. "Errors in judgement".

That's what the weirdos are calling racist comments these days, is it?

You obviously don't know the full story to these 3 incidents, so you think they were all deliberate racist comments?
This is utter dorkery.

Senator Linda Reynolds V Brittany Higgins - related to the conduct within the proceeding of the contravention of general protections.
This article says it's over Instagram posts.

hows that going?
The Collingwood Indigenous players & current staff members all seem happy.

As for this Cleaver person, he'd supposedly be happy too if the Pies had handed him $250,000 over things allegedly said which found no breaches & no laws broken & no further action to be taken when investigated by both an internal review & external expert, the Vic Police & the AFL Integrity Unit.

And now the HS is reporting the Fair Work Commission investigation was unresolved only because the club wouldn't pay him the $250,000 Cleaver wanted for the allegations to go away ..

Let's see what comes out of the court case in August & we hear both sides of the story before assuming we all know what actually happened.

I wasn't there. Were you?

Last edited:
Yes I think it does matter, do you think they were deliberate or not, very simple question
The standard shouldn’t be whether the person intended for their comment to be racist, but whether the person, given their position, could reasonably determine that the comment may be interpreted as racist.

Given the expectations of CEOs to be effective leaders, the training provided to them, and the very recent history of the Collingwood Football Club (where the club acknowledged it had issues with racism), I think the it is fair to set the bar fairly high in this context.

It looks like further information from the Collingwood side is needed to make this call, though assuming the examples were not completely fabricated, they don’t look good at face value.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly involved in racism & homophobia allegations lodged in court documents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back