Collingwood, Essendon, and Carlton all on 16 Premierships after this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you mind providing some conclusive evidence on this matter? If not then I suggest you cram it.
Essendon breached the salary cap in their 1993 premiership season and Carlton most likely did in 1995 as they had when they were fined in 1994. There isn't any evidence for that year though, so they got away with it.
IF the pies win the premiership this year they will be the most successfull team in history; they have played in more grand finals than anyone else (42), they have been the minor premier more than anyone else (19), they have played in the finals more years than any other team, have won more finals than any other team, have won more games than any other team, these statistics must make them the most successful team in the history of the AFL/VFL...
Yes, all of that (as well as the least amount of losses of all established clubs, and the highest winning percentage of all seventeen clubs) if Collingwood can win two more matches this season!

My my aren't we touchy??

Almost as bad as endless repetitions of collywobbles, toothless dole bludgers etc., etc., etc

I suggest you get over it.
Difference being of course that I can provide you countless pieces of evidence that show that those claims of collywobbles and a scummy supporter base aren't lies and speculation. Google Justin Witcombe for instance. I'm not touchy at all I find it funny that Essendon are the only club found guilty of cheating the cap in a premiership year yet escape criticism.

Difference being of course that I can provide you countless pieces of evidence that show that those claims of collywobbles and a scummy supporter base aren't lies and speculation. Google Justin Witcombe for instance. I'm not touchy at all I find it funny that Essendon are the only club found guilty of cheating the cap in a premiership year yet escape criticism.
Tsk tsk tsk what a prickly little customer. Have a fun day sunshine :D

My heart hopes someone other than Collingwood will win in 2011.

My head says Collingwood are a sure thing and just warming up for the big day.

Interestingly if Geelong win it will be WLWLW in 5 seasons. That's the hallmark of an era more dominant than the Lions a decade ago, but not matched because Brisbane managed a devastating three-peat.

Imagine if Geelong could have slotted 2008 and 2010 into the trophy cabinet. They would really be The Greatest Team of All.

I've got WOOD:thumbsu:

Get over it junior.

My heart hopes someone other than Collingwood will win in 2011.
I know that I wouldn't want it any other way regarding opposition supporters! :)
My head says Collingwood are a sure thing and just warming up for the big day.
Well there isn't a premiership certainty this year, but I do believe that Collingwood can and will improve on the past two weeks before the season is over.
Interestingly if Geelong win it will be WLWLW in 5 seasons.
That's not right if you're referring to Grand Finals. It would actually be WLW3rdW if they win the Grand Final this year. If they make the Grand Final but lose though, it will be WLW3rdL instead.
That's the hallmark of an era more dominant than the Lions a decade ago, but not matched because Brisbane managed a devastating three-peat.
But if Collingwood wins the premiership again, then it will be 4th6th4thWW which would be outstanding considering Collingwood is younger than both Brisbane and Geelong when they won their second premierships of the past decade. Also, Brisbane had a bonus extra 10% salary cap allowance at the time, despite the cheaper cost of living there!
Imagine if Geelong could have slotted 2008 and 2010 into the trophy cabinet. They would really be The Greatest Team of All.
They lost the 2008 Grand Final by a comfortable margin in the end and I think it was that loss that led to 2009 Grand Final win, so I don't think they could have won both. It was the burning upset loss in 2008 that made the difference in a close and tight 2009 Grand Final, along with some coaching stuff-ups from Ross Lyon on the day. In 2010, they were well beaten in the Preliminary Final and didn't even make the Grand Final.

"Runners up" isn't an achievement just because your club has been incredibly good at choking for the best part of 100 years.
Actually, I didn't say it was achievement. I just simply said that would be the order on countback. Now that you mention it though, it's relative anyway because many of Collingwood's runners-up teams should not have made the Grand Final because they weren't the second best team at the time. Off the top of my head that includes 1979, 1980, 2002, 2003 and a few others. They were an achievement.
Carlton - 17
Essendon - 16
Collingwood - 15

And the Lord rested for he was pleased and all was right again in His world.
I'm agnostic, but if there is a God or Goddess or another deity, then since footy began, the most productive and prosperous period was following WWII until the mid-70's when Collingwood had won the most premierships! :) Expect the world to be right again when Collingwood wins the 2011 and 2012 premierships to complete the hatrick under two different coaches! :) One year at a time though, so...

Collingwood 16 (25 runners-up)
Essendon 16 (14 runners-up)
Carlton 16 (13 runners-up)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood, Essendon, and Carlton all on 16 Premierships after this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back