Collingwood membership Numbers for 09 Target 50,000!

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwoods membership numbers as of 13/01/09 22,051.

On the AFL website it had membership numbers as of the 12/01/08 and collingwood had 21,246.

So we are currently 1,000 member's up on this time last.

So we should be at least aiming for around 44,000 member's!

No one checks your identity when you scan in.
I have let others use my AFL membership and have used my friends memberships for some of my other friends.
Just give your card who you want to give it to and let them go to the games. The only membership that you would not be able to let others use is the MCC membership because it has photo ID.
My mates wife has 2 premium Carlton memberships (not AFL) and I went once with him scanned in and sat in his wife's seats at Telstra dome. No questions asked!

Do you still feel "soiled"? :D

Good news then on sharing the pass. Thanks.

I got my membership this morning! It came in a business-like plastic pocket, emblazoned with the magpie logo - a stylish decor item for the home office.:thumbsu:

It contained a letter from Nick Maxwell, which opened, "Dear Snag" and ended in a signature that looked almost real. Nick's looking forward to seeing me in Round 1. I was thrilled!

I'm particularly pleased with my fridge magnet which seems to convert into a photo-frame, but I'm not sure what to do with those backwards stickers. Are they tranfers or something?

There's also a set of stickers which I'll use on my reference books, so that even on the most tedious working day, I'll always be in touch with the glamour and glory that is Collingwood.:)

Even as I post, Dane Swan is dangling from the bookcase.........

I think they were transfers, but my daughter stuck them on the back of the house - RUINED!

I'm a bit worried because I had my daughters email address as my own and when it came time for renewal of the membership, they only sent an e-mail to Greta.

Somewhat over-eager, I bought an 11 game family pass under her name and so of course the pack came out in her name.

What happens if I go to the game with only the one card with her name on it and say a mate of mine - will they throw me in the big-house, or will it be the cat-o-nine-tails sir or madam!

I think they were transfers, but my daughter stuck them on the back of the house - RUINED!

I'm a bit worried because I had my daughters email address as my own and when it came time for renewal of the membership, they only sent an e-mail to Greta.

Somewhat over-eager, I bought an 11 game family pass under her name and so of course the pack came out in her name.

What happens if I go to the game with only the one card with her name on it and say a mate of mine - will they throw me in the big-house, or will it be the cat-o-nine-tails sir or madam!

Just say you're Greta. That's a beautiful name. How old is she?

Two of my kids received their AFL Memberships with Collingwood club support today.:thumbsu:
However, me and wife and youngest one have not received ours yet. :(:eek::mad:
Will probably come next week.
They have taken $$$$ of my Credit Card so it's been processed.
Went to cricket today and being at MCG made me drool for football again. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two of my kids received their AFL Memberships with Collingwood club support today.:thumbsu:
However, me and wife and youngest one have not received ours yet. :(:eek::mad:
Will probably come next week.
They have taken $$$$ of my Credit Card so it's been processed.
Went to cricket today and being at MCG made me drool for football again. :D

Yeah I'm waiting for my AFL membership too, mate got his, but AFL website and subsequent emails explain that all will be out by late Jan.

I was at the G for the 20/20 the other night, couldnt help but bring back that footy feeling.

I have a question for those that can asnwer it for me.

I want to become an AFL member.

However, I still want to contribute something to the club.

Therefore, does the club receive any $$$$ out of that membership package?

Also, do AFL memberships get included when they tally up the numbers for members?

Also, do AFL memberships get included when they tally up the numbers for members?
The club will recieve some of your membership fee if you get it with Collingwood Club Support. You will also be counted in official membership figures if you have club support.

Its something like $110 goes to the club of choice, I cbf finding the exact figure atm.

Get an AFL membership, it's basically worth it if you go to more than 15 games a year.

Like the other 2 have said, the club gets a percentage if you choose package with Collingwood support. I have 5 of them in household.
You will initially have to fork out $275 for joining fee. The membership will cost you $325. Also, when you have the Collingwood club support, the club actually allows you to pay an extra $395 I think it is to have a Collingwood Legends Membership.
So realistically, all those that want a Legends Membership are better of getting an AFL Membership and adding the little bit extra. The cost is the same as just buying a standalone Legends Membership.
However, with AFL Membership you can go to 40 games of your choice and get discounts to finals and sit in afl members section for the cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood membership Numbers for 09 Target 50,000!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back