Collingwood player involved in alleged sexual assualt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
must admit I'm pretty impressed with a lot of the level headed discussion in this thread. Probably the last place I expected to see it. Great to finally see fans not blindly defending their team's players no matter what and actually having a go at them.

See earlier posts.. 60 odd pages later you get some form of reasoning.

so what? :confused:

the stigma, rightly or wrongly, is a consequence of being high profile and getting themselves involved in such a situation in the first place. it hasn't stopped either from plying their trade and being quality footballers...

nb: there were allegations irl, yes? if not, what were the police investigating? :confused:

Police normally question those who are present when alleged crimes take place. They find the Bay 13 system of investigation to be somewhat harsh on the innocent. I am not aware of any allegations against Montagna at the time. I know that Milne was alleged to have digitally r*ped a female plaintiff. Charges were not laid.
If there were allegations made against Montagna what were they? If you don't know I suggest you pull your head in.

I am not aware of any allegations against Montagna at the time. I know that Milne was alleged to have digitally r*ped a female plaintiff. Charges were not laid.
If there were allegations made against Montagna what were they?
afaik:

No charges will be laid against AFL St Kilda footballers Stephen Milne and Leigh Montagna following rape allegations against the pair. In a statement, Victoria Police said after receiving advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions, and after a thorough investigation, it had concluded there was insufficient evidence to launch a prosecution against Milne and Montagna.

On March 16, the Saints confirmed police were investigating sex allegations against Milne and Montagna. The following day, police confirmed the two players were the subject of a rape investigation.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/07/1083881467081.html?from=storylhs

If you don't know I suggest you pull your head in.
lol.

or else what? :D

thats a very old article without all of the details that we know now.

Yeah like saint supporting policemen making critical evidence go missing...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1073960/police-threatened-st-kilda-rape-detective
Former Sen-Det Scott Gladman, who led the investigation into the alleged rape, told Nine News that he received several threats from his colleagues over the case.

He also said that interview tapes were stolen and the alleged victim's statement was leaked to the club during the probe.

The investigation was launched when a woman told police she was r*ped by Milne at the home of teammate Leigh Montagna.

thats a very old article without all of the details that we know now.

That’s true. However SaintsSeptember asked, quite reasonably, for clarification on whether allegations were made against Montagna at the time. And that clarification was provided.

So I guess SS is the one who should now be pulling his/her head in?

Regards

S. Pete

Off topic but maybe it wasn't just one StKilda player and maybe there were players from other clubs too. I have no idea which non StKilda player it was and whether its someone involved in this case. I also have no idea which one is the father or who she's going out with now.

It was reported in one of the original articles, that this particular girl was attending the party.

This. Montagna cops nothing as far as I'm aware. Milne cops it for the same reason Didak cops it (has that arrogant look about him, and because of his past, regardless of whether it's right or wrong, is the easiest thing to bag him about). Milne isn't the only one who cops that kind of thing...

Fair point about Didak actually. He cops is just as much as Milney. I've heard a number of opposition supporters call him a murderer, shooter etc.

where in that article does it state that any of the policemen were st kilda supporters? :confused:

It was said on a current affair which is where this article got it's info from, there are a fair few Saint supporting police in VIC.

Also from that article why would any of the other "colleagues" threaten him if not involved with the St.Kilda FC.:eek:

Here you go:

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2010/s2934401.htm
Mike Smith told Channel Nine News that officers who supported Milne's team St Kilda also pressured him to drop the investigation.

Victoria's Chief Commissioner of Police has asked the Office of Police Integrity to investigate.

It was said on a current affair which is where this article got it's info from, there are a fair few Saint supporting police in VIC.

Also from that article why would any of the other "colleagues" threaten him ifnot involved with the St.Kilda FC.:eek:

so these were obviously the ones mentioned in the article....:rolleyes: :eek:

and suggesting that the club itself was directly involved is just baseless stupidity

and surely "You better do the right thing. You better make sure that this is done properly," one of the callers allegedly said"........ is very tenuous to label as a "threat".

The article has holes in it if it's getting its "facts" from ACA as you state.....:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so these were obviously the ones mentioned in the article....:rolleyes: :eek:

and suggesting that the club itself was directly involved is just baseless stupidity

and surely "You better do the right thing. You better make sure that this is done properly," one of the callers allegedly said"........ is very tenuous to label as a "threat".

The article has holes in it if it's getting its "facts" from ACA as you state.....:D

Did you read the other article?

So the leading investigator is lying now?

The whole investigation from start to finish was compromised this is why Milne and Montagna names remain under a cloud when it comes to the allegation.

Fair point about Didak actually. He cops is just as much as Milney. I've heard a number of opposition supporters call him a murderer, shooter etc.

probably the most sensible thing written in this thread. both didak and milne were never charged and therefore are innocent. stop dragging their names into this thread.

milne was never charged due to the nature of the allegations. regardless of the "police cover up" rumours, it would be very difficult to find a guilty verdict.

Did you read the other article?

So the leading investigator is lying now?

The whole investigation from start to finish was compromised this is why Milne and Montagna names remain under a cloud when it comes to the allegation.

still don't see how this has anything to do with the club.
Just because the officer was "associated" with the club (whatever that means) doesn't mean the club put any pressure on the officer.....
In fact this phrase:

"They wanted to be seen to be more important in their eyes to the club and, ah, anything they could do to help the club they would do"

......suggests that the officer is the person at fault. Like they're trying to suck up to the club or the board.

and further on:

"There was several reasons thrown up, financial was one of them, that if we lost the case because the accused could afford to have top legal representation. There was the fact that it would cost the department a lot of money if we lost"

as a reason for NOT following up the investigation.

It's a long bow to suggest that the club had anything to do with the dropping of the so-called investigation or indeed the actions of the policemen involved.

Yeah like saint supporting policemen making critical evidence go missing...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1073960/police-threatened-st-kilda-rape-detective

If Saint supporting police are doing that then there is a big problem in the police department. Imagine what Mafia supporting police could do.

I think you will find that in the end, despite any pressure, the investigator claimed that he submitted the best possible evidence to the department of public prosecution. The DPP then decided not to proceed.

Do you claim that the DPP is also a StKilda supporter? Our Secret Society of StKilda Supporters has many tentacles you know... Be very afraid, best if you become paranoid.

By the way, keep rattling on about StKilda rapists - namely Milne putting his finger where it didn't belong after a bit of snoggin.

I will keep rattling on about FILTHY COLLINGWOOD PACK RAPING SCUM.

I'm sorry but it's naivety in the extreme to suggest that police with the motive cannot influence the DPP either by withholding evidence or by presenting it in a particular way. This is commonly termed by police as a "brick" and has been going on for years. As far as I'm concerned the prima facie evidence suggests very strongly that charges should have been laid and the issue will never go away because the party involved has never been tried.

I'm sorry but it's naivety in the extreme to suggest that police with the motive cannot influence the DPP either by withholding evidence or by presenting it in a particular way. This is commonly termed by police as a "brick" and has been going on for years. As far as I'm concerned the prima facie evidence suggests very strongly that charges should have been laid and the issue will never go away because the party involved has never been tried.

Except the cop leading the investigation wanted the case prosecuted. He said that. He came out 6 years later and reiterated that. He said he felt pressured by "people" to drop the case, but he didn't. He said in the end they presented the best case on the available evidence, they could not have done more. And the DPP knocked it back.

I can well understand why.

If Saint supporting police are doing that then there is a big problem in the police department. Imagine what Mafia supporting police could do.

I think you will find that in the end, despite any pressure, the investigator claimed that he submitted the best possible evidence to the department of public prosecution. The DPP then decided not to proceed.

Do you claim that the DPP is also a StKilda supporter? Our Secret Society of StKilda Supporters has many tentacles you know... Be very afraid, best if you become paranoid.

By the way, keep rattling on about StKilda rapists - namely Milne putting his finger where it didn't belong after a bit of snoggin.

I will keep rattling on about FILTHY COLLINGWOOD PACK RAPING SCUM.

There was a little more 'allegedly' involved in the Milne case. Mr Gladman thought it should go further, and I would back his word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back