Collingwood player involved in alleged sexual assualt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but it's naivety in the extreme to suggest that police with the motive cannot influence the DPP either by withholding evidence or by presenting it in a particular way. This is commonly termed by police as a "brick" and has been going on for years. As far as I'm concerned the prima facie evidence suggests very strongly that charges should have been laid and the issue will never go away because the party involved has never been tried.

So the deuction from this is that the rape allegations against the Collingwood players will never go away unless they are tried and found innocent?
The reality is that if enough mud is flung, some is always going to stick. Regardless of what happens, these players names will always be associated with a sex crime, whether charges are laid or not.

So the deuction from this is that the rape allegations against the Collingwood players will never go away unless they are tried and found innocent?
The reality is that if enough mud is flung, some is always going to stick. Regardless of what happens, these players names will always be associated with a sex crime, whether charges are laid or not.

Seriously, my 14 year old daughter would mount a far more intelligent response than that. The fact is that neither you nor I have heard any detail in the Collingwood player's case. If there is prima facie evidence against them as there appeared to be in the earlier case then YES, they will always have to face the stigma unless the natural course of law is followed as it appears not to have been in the earlier case.

Unfortunately it does not follow logically that because no charges are laid that something fishy has gone on. However, when a top investigator on the case raises concerns about the handling of the investigation you are always going to have a problem.

Seriously, my 14 year old daughter would mount a far more intelligent response than that. The fact is that neither you nor I have heard any detail in the Collingwood player's case. If there is prima facie evidence against them as there appeared to be in the earlier case then YES, they will always have to face the stigma unless the natural course of law is followed as it appears not to have been in the earlier case.

Unfortunately it does not follow logically that because no charges are laid that something fishy has gone on. However, when a top investigator on the case raises concerns about the handling of the investigation you are always going to have a problem.

So no-one was calling Milne a rapist before your top investigator came out with his concerns last year. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So no-one was calling Milne a rapist before your top investigator came out with his concerns last year. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Milne was accused and sufficient evidence brought into the public domain for people (rightly or wrongly) to make a value judgement. As a result, I'm sure that many people hold that view of him. It was not just the words of the investigator that told people that the case had a particular odour about it but it does sound a lot like vindication.

Milne was accused and sufficient evidence brought into the public domain for people (rightly or wrongly) to make a value judgement. As a result, I'm sure that many people hold that view of him. It was not just the words of the investigator that told people that the case had a particular odour about it but it does sound a lot like vindication.

I'm sure people will make a value judgement about the Collingwood rape as well.
If you crap on about Milne/Montagna rape, or schoolgirl sex to StKilda supporters, people will crap back to you about Collingwood rape.

If you crap on about Carlton cheating or having brothel parties, they will crap back about Collingwood rape.

Thats how it will be from now on... Live with it.

Personally I never raise these issues unless someone else starts it.
( Except I just raised the Carlton one ... sorry Blues fans. )

Seriously, get off your high horse! Fact is Milne was being labelled for years before the infomation emerged re the way the case was handled. Public perception is not necessarily based on reason or fact. The fact here is that something has happened and the case depends on whether it can technically be defined as rape under the law.

I'm sure people will make a value judgement about the Collingwood rape as well.
If you crap on about Milne/Montagna rape, or schoolgirl sex to StKilda supporters, people will crap back to you about Collingwood rape.

If you crap on about Carlton cheating or having brothel parties, they will crap back about Collingwood rape.

Thats how it will be from now on... Live with it.

Personally I never raise these issues unless someone else starts it.
( Except I just raised the Carlton one ... sorry Blues fans. )
I'm guessing that intelligent people will make some kind of value judgement based on the evidence that comes to light. Assuming that there is some kind of evidence that a collingwood player committed a crime then nobody will be surprised if he is perceived that way.

Frankly I don't get your comment about people crapping on about St Kilda players. I think my comments have been fairly balanced and based only on known facts. If you want to talk about crapping on then I suggest it would be more appropriate to discuss those who already have players convicted of a crime which to date nobody has publicly accused them of.

Seriously, get off your high horse! Fact is Milne was being labelled for years before the infomation emerged re the way the case was handled. Public perception is not necessarily based on reason or fact. The fact here is that something has happened and the case depends on whether it can technically be defined as rape under the law.
Seriously get your facts straight. Milne was labelled because much of the evidence against him was made public long before the investigator started making noise about the investigation being tainted or interfered with. I am not making any allegation myself, I have simply pointed out why there has been a perception by the puiblic that all was not exactly squeaky clean in terms of the handling of the case. That is the reason that for his sake it should be properly taken to trial so that if he is innocent he has the opportunity to prove it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously get your facts straight. Milne was labelled because much of the evidence against him was made public long before the investigator started making noise about the investigation being tainted or interfered with. I am not making any allegation myself, I have simply pointed out why there has been a perception by the puiblic that all was not exactly squeaky clean in terms of the handling of the case. That is the reason that for his sake it should be properly taken to trial so that if he is innocent he has the opportunity to prove it.

In fact much of the case was made public way before the investigation was even started. Why do you think that was Mr Conspiracy theory.
Surely StKilda would have used their super duper contacts in the police, the government and the media, to shush everything up. :rolleyes:

In fact much of the case was made public way before the investigation was even started. Why do you think that was Mr Conspiracy theory.
Surely StKilda would have used their super duper contacts in the police, the government and the media, to shush everything up. :rolleyes:
lol... They may have friends in high places but since when do the police or the government tell the media what to print? I'm sorry but that's a fairly naive view IMO.

lol... They may have friends in high places but since when do the police or the government tell the media what to print? I'm sorry but that's a fairly naive view IMO.

I'll try to use small words. How did it get to the media.

a) Police - but you claim they are StKilda's friends.
b) Accused - because they are dumb and want to be labelled rapists.
c) Accuser - because publicity increases chance of payout.

I'll try to use small words. How did it get to the media.

a) Police - but you claim they are StKilda's friends.
b) Accused - because they are dumb and want to be labelled rapists.
c) Accuser - because publicity increases chance of payout.
Unfortunately for us all, you've only managed small words so far and this post is so ridiculous I'm not even going to waste time responding to it.

Unfortunately for us all, you've only managed small words so far and this post is so ridiculous I'm not even going to waste time responding to it.

You've wasted plenty of time with your bullshit reasons as to why Milne is guilty despite the case being thrown out of court.
Your theory is that somehow StKilda have this huge amount of influence within the police department, which couldn't be uncovered by any internal investigation despite publicity on ACA ( or whatever it was ), but everyone actually "KNOWS" something is fishy and that's why Milne is a rapist.

Yet you maintain that if Collingwood players are cleared of this incident the non-Collingwood public will declare them innocent and will forget about it.

And you called me naive. Good Luck.

You've wasted plenty of time with your bullshit reasons as to why Milne is guilty despite the case being thrown out of court.
Your theory is that somehow StKilda have this huge amount of influence within the police department, which couldn't be uncovered by any internal investigation despite publicity on ACA ( or whatever it was ), but everyone actually "KNOWS" something is fishy and that's why Milne is a rapist.

Yet you maintain that if Collingwood players are cleared of this incident the non-Collingwood public will declare them innocent and will forget about it.

And you called me naive. Good Luck.
OK so perhaps you can tell me where I said Milne was guilty of anything and perhaps you can tell us all when any case against him was thrown out of court given it never went to court. I really think you should stop reading between the lines of my posts and attempting to put words in my mouth. When did I say anybody "KNOWS" any such thing? Oh that's right, NEVER! Hmmm now when did I say that that the non-Collingwood publ;ic will declare them innocent and forget about it. Ummm... NEVER! Perhaps reading lessons are in order.

So Pies have got Lawyers to try to shut down internet sites that are naming the players involved..:eek::eek:

Yes, because this is the only time a scandal has erupted and players haven't been named by the media :rolleyes: Only a few months ago St Kilda* had a (complete media beatup) scandal where players weren't named

*Actually loathe to use the Saints as an example here but it was the latest that sprung to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back