Collingwood recruiting-

Remove this Banner Ad

sp-mac said:
Like I said, thanks to Neil Balme having his Donuts BEFORE doing the paperwork!

We ended up getting Woewodin when the Misiti deal fell through. As bad as Woey is atm we've probably got more from him than we would have from Misiti.

Sure have - more debt!

When this gag first came out, Collingwood were on the bottom and everyone was full of how crap their drafting, list and coaching were.

Then they beat WCE, Geelong and Port playing pretty well. Their coach was a genius and their recent drafts - especially T Cloke, Swan, Maxwell, Rowe, Rusling, Egan and including R Shaw on this year's form - much better than anyone thought and the club was really going places.

Now a few more ordinary weeks, and more good players out with injury and suspension, and this gets another run.

If anyone could be bothered, a letter like this could be put together to embaras every single club. But why bother, when you can get some lemmings laughing at this one every few weeks?

btw name one club who would have kept Schauble if they could have got a Mars Bar in trade for him...

I don't love the Pies, but I am bored with lazy posters.

Hearts to hearts said:
When this gag first came out, Collingwood were on the bottom and everyone was full of how crap their drafting, list and coaching were.

Then they beat WCE, Geelong and Port playing pretty well. Their coach was a genius and their recent drafts - especially T Cloke, Swan, Maxwell, Rowe, Rusling, Egan and including R Shaw on this year's form - much better than anyone thought and the club was really going places.

Now a few more ordinary weeks, and more good players out with injury and suspension, and this gets another run.

If anyone could be bothered, a letter like this could be put together to embaras every single club. But why bother, when you can get some lemmings laughing at this one every few weeks?

btw name one club who would have kept Schauble if they could have got a Mars Bar in trade for him...

I don't love the Pies, but I am bored with lazy posters.
exactly

same old ******** being dribbled out by the same pathetic people

cant think of anything original or relevant????

Saintsfan said:
Its easy for collingwood supporters keep pointing the finger at us for our early draft picks, but how wasterful has their list been.
True enough but it's still got further than yours. In the same timeframe (as used by one of your own until the comparison went south) you are a grand final down and unless you play in the GF this year you will be two down. We'll see about the coming years I guess but if you want to make comparisons use ones where you are ahead to prove your point rather than ones where you lag behind. St Kilda has had better and more numerous early picks for a lower return.

MarkT said:
True enough but it's still got further than yours. In the same timeframe (as used by one of your own until the comparison went south) you are a grand final down and unless you play in the GF this year you will be two down. We'll see about the coming years I guess but if you want to make comparisons use ones where you are ahead to prove your point rather than ones where you lag behind. St Kilda has had better and more numerous early picks for a lower return.

The Saints used their 3 years to draft quality kids 5 years from their peak. Collingwood used it to trade for senior players close to or at their peak.

Quite happy with my comparisons. Unless we finish bottom 4 over the next 2 seasons.

GOLD GOLD GOLD! i dont care if it's old cause i hadn't read it before and i loved it

btw, i cant believe you guys traded mal michael for molloy
how often was molloy injured? plenty

Falchoon said:
The Saints used their 3 years to draft quality kids 5 years from their peak. Collingwood used it to trade for senior players close to or at their peak.

Quite happy with my comparisons. Unless we finish bottom 4 over the next 2 seasons.
Well the next 2 depend on what Collingwood do also I would have thought but on completed seasons your comparison shows you fall short. On another of your comparison, what's the winning ratio for the skipper this year v the games he's missed? A far starker contrast than your Buckley stat.

BTW the Saints traded pick 4 or something for Hamil so let’s not make inaccurate statements to prove irrelevant points.

romanwfw said:
GOLD GOLD GOLD! i dont care if it's old cause i hadn't read it before and i loved it

if you dont know the situation why post????

michael was troubled influence, wanted more money than he deserved, was a developing player

collingwood needed experienced hard bodies, molloy lead the way & made players like lonie, lockyer etc. the soft players walk taller & use there skills, helped get us into the two grand finals

u have no idea so dont bother commenting

danny jacobs for pick six is worse than all our deals except the pavlich fiasco

(Log in to remove this ad.)

romanwfw said:

So instead of Michael going to Brisbane for free in the PSD we traded for Molloy, someone that also wanted to come back to Melbourne.

Plus we weren't going to pay Michael the money he wanted.

And aren't his injuries sorta out of our control?

doppleganger said:
think the west coast 7-0 stat is a give away that this is old news!!!

can drag out old skeletons & what ifs from every single club in the league

of all trades mentioned the only ones i have issue with are

delisting sav
and the pav stuff up

all others were reasonable at the time in regards to where the list was at & the demands / interests of the players in question

is collingwoods drafting during 02-03 not the recycling of players that should be questioned, finally that looks as tho it has been rectified with a good crop in 04 & hopefully again in 05

Are you kiddin me ?
You must have less than one eye to come up with such dribble. Where does this idea come from that you can never question the club you support. That' bollocks if we never questioned our politicians then we would end up with some war mongering right wing facist as prime minister.

oh hang on a minute...

LasCar said:
Are you kiddin me ?
You must have less than one eye to come up with such dribble. Where does this idea come from that you can never question the club you support. That' bollocks if we never questioned our politicians then we would end up with some war mongering right wing facist as prime minister.

oh hang on a minute...
same thing was posted on collingwood boards in rd7

hence why the hell post it again now

no qualms with supporters having a go at their own team

drafting more of an issue at collingwood than trading, majority of pies supporters will inform you of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood recruiting-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back