List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they'd still put in the nomination though if they rated him - we're 2+ weeks away from the draft and players rise and fall on draft boards with some rated in the teens or 20's slipping outside the top 40 on a regular basis (eg. Draper for us last year).

All not putting in a nomination for him does is basically gift him to one of the four clubs ahead of Adelaide after pick 40 is done if he does happen to slide that far and they haven't made a pick beforehand. Yes it's likely that their pick 46 may rise up to around the pick 40 mark anyway after earlier bid matching, but surely you'd want to go into the draft with every possible card up your sleeve.
maybe it's because they are matching on a father-son prospect which doesn't really leave them with anything to realistically claim Keeler with. But yes, it wouldn't hurt in the event he drops to the 60s.

COLLINGWOOD​

National Pick 40: Jay Rantall (Mid, 5 games, Delisted in 2021)
National Pick 45: Trent Bianco (Mid/Def, 22 games, Signed to 2023)
National Pick 55: Trey Ruscoe (Def, 17 games, Signed to 2023)
National Pick 17: Oliver Henry (Fwd, 25 games, Traded to Geelong in 2022)
National Pick 19: Finlay Macrae (Mid, 11 games, Signed to 2024)
National Pick 23: Reef McInnes (Mid, 6 games, Signed to 2024)
National Pick 30: Caleb Poulter (Mid, 12 games, Delisted in 2022)
National Pick 31: Liam McMahon (Fwd, 0 games, Delisted in 2022)
National Pick 44: Beau McCreery (Fwd, 35 games, Signed to 2024)
Rookie Pick 13: Jack Ginnivan (Fwd, 28 games, Signed to 2024)
Rookie Pick 28: Isaac Chugg (Mid/Def, 2 games, Delisted in 2022)
Mid-Season Pick 3: Ash Johnson (Fwd, 9 games, Signed to 2023)
Mid-Season Pick 18: Aiden Begg (Ruck/Fwd, 3 games, Signed to 2023)
National Pick 4: Nick Daicos (Mid/Def, 25 games, Signed to 2025)
National Pick 45: Arlo Draper (Mid/Fwd, 0 games, Signed to 2023)
National Pick 49: Cooper Murley (Mid, 0 games, Delisted in 2022, but club committed to rookie-listing)
National Pick 52: Harvey Harrison (Mid, 0 games, Signed to 2023)
Rookie Pick 2: Charlie Dean (Def, 0 games, Signed to 2024)
Mid-Season Pick 9: Josh Carmichael (Mid, 7 games, Signed to 2023)

Father-son gun Nick Daicos headlines a talented crop of youngsters that the Magpies have been able to bring in but there are other gems taken outside of the national draft spotlight. Getting Jack Ginnivan, who is coming off a 40-major season and has quickly become one of the league’s best goalsneaks, in the rookie draft is a steal, Ash Johnson and Josh Carmichael are promising mid-season selections and Beau McCreery has filled a defensive forward role beautifully since being taken late in 2020. Losing Oliver Henry and delisting Caleb Poulter and Liam McMahon after two years are Collingwood’s only glaring knocks. The Magpies will be hoping for Finlay Macrae and Reef McInnes to take another step next year. Daicos could become of one of the best players in the competition in coming seasons.

Rating: 8/10​

Bianco underrated as well. 2020 was always going to be a take en masse, then cut approach. No way would be keeping that many players. I have confidence in the 2021 selections - think it's a good little group. Murley the only real concern. We know Draper is committed and Harrison has potential. Dean will debut in 2023 provided he's not injured.

Bianco underrated as well. 2020 was always going to be a take en masse, then cut approach. No way would be keeping that many players. I have confidence in the 2021 selections - think it's a good little group. Murley the only real concern. We know Draper is committed and Harrison has potential. Dean will debut in 2023 provided he's not injured.

My mate is Trent Biancos father's close mate.
Apparently Trent is always training in some capacity and often turns down party requests from his friends so he can get to bed early.
Focussed bigtime.

Apparently Trent is always training in some capacity and often turns down party requests from his friends so he can get to bed early.
Focussed bigtime.
Trent bleeds black & white, I see him being a beast of a player, his love of Collingwood is what drives him imo.

Last edited:
Can I please ask for a summary, as best as factually known, of what ended up happening with salary cap maneuvering this trade period and how we sit with Treloar, Stephenson etc. Also delistings (the Brown bros $ saved etc.).

Also future picks and where we settled with that please.i feel as tho we have lost our '23 2nd & maybe 3rd, but don't know what we have gained.

I feel as tho we got Mitchell cheap with a subsidy (using Ollie) and we let Brodie go cheap (pick 27) because we only paying 200K or so, not the 300-350K range.

I hope that we are placed to have salary cap room and 1st round picks to at least have a real crack at someone like a King (Ben or Max - not fussed) or Logan McDonald or sign a gun free agent.

Last edited:
I think in the end we’ll be pretty happy with what we get from Frampton, and future third/future fourth discussions will become somewhat moot.
Would be rapt if we could look back in a couple of years time and say, gee Frampton was a bargain for late 3rd rounder

Can I please ask for a summary, as best as factually known, of what ended up happening with salary cap maneuvering this trade period and how we sit with Treloar, Stephenson etc. Also delistings.

Also future picks and where we settled with that please.i feel as tho we have lost our '23 2nd & maybe 3rd, but don't know what we have gained.

I feel as tho we got Mitchell cheap with a subsidy (using Ollie) and we let Brodie go cheap (pick 27) because we only paying 200K or so, not the 300-350K range.

I hope that we are placed to have salary cap room and 1st round picks to at least have a real crack at someone like a King (Ben or Max - not fussed) or Logan McDonald or sign a gun free agent.
You've done well without help.
Basically Future 2nd for Bobby Hill, Future 3rd for Billy Frampton.
Grundy, Henry with picks 41 & 50 out with Mitchell & picks 25 & 27 in
McStay free agent Freebie
Draft picks 16, 25, 27 & 51
My limited understanding was that the Hawks paid a sum of Mitchells wage for the one year remaining and us possibly more of Grundies first year out of the 5 remaining years.

The likes of Apex36 Jen and others would be the go to relating to salary cap relief regarding Grundy, Titch & where we stand with Treloar, Stevo & Beams.
I have an idea but they will have a greater & more accurate understanding than me.

Last edited:
Focussed bigtime.

I met him at the family day in Warragul a couple of years ago and you could tell immediately that he had a very level head on his shoulders.

I was convinced that day that if he didn't make it, it wasn't going to have anything to do with his attitude or work ethic

Would be rapt if we could look back in a couple of years time and say, gee Frampton was a bargain for late 3rd rounder
I think when you're adding a bloke of his age, it's either good talent ID or bad talent ID. And if you don't think he's worth a future third, you shouldn't be adding him at all

I think when you're adding a bloke of his age, it's either good talent ID or bad talent ID. And if you don't think he's worth a future third, you shouldn't be adding him at all
I feel we're backing not only our talent ID Vr's that of the Crows and Power that let him go but also the likes of Leppitsch as a development coach to get the best out of Framptons defensive game including one on one.
Then there's the fact we have an obvious need and believe he will fit our system

You've done pretty well without help.
Basically Future 2nd for Bobby Hill (pick swap 40 for 43 mostly irrelevant), Future 3rd for Billy Frampton.
Rough guide; Grundy & Henry with picks 41 & 50 out with Mitchell & picks 25 & 27 in
McStay free agent Freebie
My limited understanding was that the Hawks paid a sum of Mitchells wage for the one year remaining and us Grundy's (possibly more of Grundies first year out of 5).

The likes of Apex36 Jen and others would be the go to relating to salary cap relief regarding Grundy, Titch & where we stand with Treloar, Stevo & Beams.
I have an idea but they will have a more accurate understanding than me.
Re: salary cap, the word is that Hawthorn are paying a “significant chunk” of this years salary for Mitchell, and that we’re only paying approx $150k (total) to Melbourne, given they didn’t give us what we requested at the trade table. It’s likely that the money we get towards Mitchell’s salary cancels out, or even eclipses what we’re paying Melbourne. This is all here say of course.

In terms of Treloar, the rumour is that we front ended what we owed to him, so we’re now either not paying a whole lot towards his salary, or have completely paid what we owe him. Once again, nobody really knows for sure.
Beams is no longer a contracted employee of Collingwood and as such, can not be paid from our cap. He was paid out in full when he was delisted. As for Stephenson, Norf not only took on his full contract, but re-negotiated and extended his deal to 5 years @ $500k. They Norfed themselves really good with that deal 🤣

Last edited:
Thanks so much K-Jpie and Apex really qppreciate that. Learnt sumfin 😊 Love it specially more when it's seemingly better than i thought. Even dreamed really.

I think the Brown bros was 700'ish too, so surely we are armed to the teeth for next coupla years ?!? ... even smells like a plan brewing.

So next year only our 1st and 4th? Not a strong trade position, wo me thinks a free agent.

Btw .... this makes for stupid reading .....​

Billy Frampton joins Collingwood

TRADE
October 11, 2022

Collingwood receives Billy Frampton

Adelaide receives a future third-round selection

Jack Bowes joins Geelong

TRADE
October 11, 2022

Geelong receives Jack Bowes and a first-round pick (currently No.7)

Gold Coast receives a future third-round selection

We should of at least paid 2 x 2nd Rounders for Frampton 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is also true. Once a player states their intended destination, it shouldn’t matter much in terms of trade compensation whether there were multiple suitors, only what the two clubs involved find to be acceptable.

On the other hand, we did offer him three years, so we were pretty keen.

I think in the end we’ll be pretty happy with what we get from Frampton, and future third/future fourth discussions will become somewhat moot.
There was plenty of angst last year with us giving up pick 43 for Lipinski, but that trade has turned out to be a big win.
We can hope Frampton pans out similarly.
If we have given him 3 years, our footy guys must think he has plenty to offer - we shall see.

There was plenty of angst last year with us giving up pick 43 for Lipinski, but that trade has turned out to be a big win.
If we have given him 3 years, our footy guys must think he has plenty to offer - we shall see.
I think that was more about the desire to rip the dogs off after they bent us over a barrel in the Treloar deal rather than pick 43 not being a a good price.

Last edited:
Provided he remains injury free, I think Frampton will surprise a lot of people. Great pick up for a guy who was sent to defence this year and took it with both hands. I trust that Fly and Co. are all over him

So it's D-Day for DFA pick ups.

With no news on us picking up someone it looks like we're using 4 live picks in the ND?

Benny Crocker's been training with the club over the past few weeks. Chance of a VFL return? If he did well enough, I'd consider giving him a lifeline. He's had a chance but I don't know if he ever suited the style of game we played under Bucks.
He has had 2 AFL chances. VFL is his level tbh.

Benny Crocker's been training with the club over the past few weeks. Chance of a VFL return? If he did well enough, I'd consider giving him a lifeline. He's had a chance but I don't know if he ever suited the style of game we played under Bucks.
He’s got lots of mates at the club. Trains with them pretty much every off season since being delisted.

So it's D-Day for DFA pick ups.

With no news on us picking up someone it looks like we're using 4 live picks in the ND?
Or upgrading Ginnivan?

FWIW assuming we retain our picks I’d take the 4 in the ND and use the 4th on a state league type.

Not sure bianco is underrated. Will need to improve quite a bit to stay on the list. Not getting any quicker, and Great attitude will only get you so far. other than his kick to Elliott, am still waiting to see evidence of his elite disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back