List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were never getting his signature, regardless of money, position in the 22 etc. He was hellbent on going to Geelong and playing with his brother, everything else was just excuses made to justify his move because he knew that he was being pissweak.

I find it odd how people say its a bad trade period because of Henry not being kept. Agree , he was never staying. Just times when you cant keep a player regardless, this is one of them. If anything it shows how much he wasnt invested in the club, to do what the club did in 2022 with a young list , you would have thought he would want to be a part of that.

I used to share a house with a bloke whose father built that place. He probably owns it these days. I doubt if Ollie would feel safe in Anakie. The Anakie boys were pretty rough and ready

Why do i picture him squealing in a high pitch noise from excitement of visiting as the car drives up that hill in a long queue .

For all the people banging McStay, tell me the other options we had? We couldn’t go into next year with the same forward line. We got lucky in a few games, but you can’t rely on the same players again. He will provide a big target and take pressure off Miochek.
We absolutely could have gone in with the same unit. Ginnivan and AJ should be on the upward trajectory, Kreuger barely got a look in this year and Mihocek was banged up late in the year. There was scope there to hold the line. By doing that we may have been able to bank some cap for future years and a stronger play at King. I’m happy enough with bringing him in, but I’m confident Mitchell’s addition will increase our scoring much more than McStay purely through ground position.

For all the people banging McStay, tell me the other options we had? We couldn’t go into next year with the same forward line. We got lucky in a few games, but you can’t rely on the same players again. He will provide a big target and take pressure off Miochek.

I agree, there was a reason Checkers was playing on one leg. We had no other options late in that season , he ideally should have been rested. Who could we have bought in to play that role , without shuffling the whole team.

McStay will surprise a lot on here. Im confident he will fulfill his contact worth and duration.

AJ showed he cant play big. Essentially leaves checkers and Kruger again for 2023 as mainstay talls if McStay isnt on board , albeit it checkers has played under sized for seasons

We absolutely could have gone in with the same unit. Ginnivan and AJ should be on the upward trajectory, Kreuger barely got a look in this year and Mihocek was banged up late in the year. There was scope there to hold the line. By doing that we may have been able to bank some cap for future years and a stronger play at King. I’m happy enough with bringing him in, but I’m confident Mitchell’s addition will increase our scoring much more than McStay purely through ground position.

Exactly. Or could've gone for a cheap short term bridge option like a Weideman/Schache instead of committing 5 years to McStay. If McStay is still a best 22 KPF for us in 4-5 years time, questions need to be asked about our list management planning. Our sole focus should be on finding a premier KPF talent and ideally two to match the likes of Hawkins/Cameron, Riewoldt/Lynch, Curnow/McKay, Franklin/McDonald

Disagree, like many have said, Checkers looked like he couldn’t walk towards the end of the year, if we had a McStay there we could have rested him

Think of it this way, we halve each so that gives us 5 wins from 10

so that leaves us what another 12 games, we win all of them then that's 17 and top 4 again
I'm not complaining about us having to play any of those teams twice - like this season, to get anywhere we'll need to go through the best teams regardless.

It's me just having a gripe about the AFL ... nothing seems to change there, unfortunately.

We are definitely stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one, only having room really for three draft picks unless we cut Poulter or Carmichael.
They won't be cutting Carmichael.
I would look at Madge and Ruscoe, they are now superfluous to needs.
Give Poulter one more year.

Disagree, like many have said, Checkers looked like he couldn’t walk towards the end of the year, if we had a McStay there we could have rested him
Exactly. McStay and Frampton were brought in when it was shown that if Kreuger/Mihocek or Moore/Dean were injured we were in all sorts of trouble.

We got them both relatively cheap. We still have our first round draft pick, to hopefully secure a KPP to add to our developing squad. Size is very handy in football.

Exactly. Or could've gone for a cheap short term bridge option like a Weideman/Schache instead of committing 5 years to McStay. If McStay is still a best 22 KPF for us in 4-5 years time, questions need to be asked about our list management planning. Our sole focus should be on finding a premier KPF talent and ideally two to match the likes of Hawkins/Cameron, Riewoldt/Lynch, Curnow/McKay, Franklin/McDonald

Slight issue. These 2 blokes are genuinely no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. McStay and Frampton were brought in when it was shown that if Kreuger/Mihocek or Moore/Dean were injured we were in all sorts of trouble.

We got them both relatively cheap. We still have our first round draft pick, to hopefully secure a KPP to add to our developing squad. Size is very handy in football.

McStay cheap? Okay....

They won't be cutting Carmichael.
I would look at Madge and Ruscoe, they are now superfluous to needs.
Give Poulter one more year.

Ruscoe still has a year, I believe.

Krueger barely got a look in because his body can’t hold up and isn’t someone we can go into a win now season relying on and Mihocek being banged up are reasons for McStay.

I said on Wednesday Wright did well in a shit situation.
We were still paying the sins of our past mistakes. As much as i loved Maguire he and too a lesser extent Walsh agreeing to the Grundy deal , Beams .Stephenson
So his main objective was to reudjust our salary cap . so in the future we can resign out young guns that need a salary increase, and at the same time being able to chase top shelve free agents and uncontracted players.

Then we should have kept Grundy.... if we think we're challenging.
We have 2-3 years to 'pinch' a flag I think, will rely on how much quality we continue to get out of Elliot Pendles, Howe and Sidey Adams Mitchell and Checkers. If these guys stay healthy and we get continued improvement in Daicos x2 Ginni, McCreery etc. It will be the improvement provided through the trade period and natural improvement in the younger group that will deliver the flag. As Lethal as always said, it is the bottom six of the 22 that will give you the premiership. Our bottom six is X10 better than the start of 22.

Just wondering guys what you have heard about the Grundy deal?
I am suprised none of the reporters have actually asked the question too any of the pies or dees recruiting staff.
If true its a big win for us. I heard on off payement next year off $650k and thats it?

Just wondering guys what you have heard about the Grundy deal?
I am suprised none of the reporters have actually asked the question too any of the pies or dees recruiting staff.
If true its a big win for us. I heard on off payement next year off $650k and thats it?
Similarly have only heard the $600-650k figure since the deal got done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back