List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicky fell into this year's draft age by about 1-2 days.
He was in year 11 and will play at Melbourne Grammar (and possibly Prahran) next season
He was sensible not to nominate this season.
Hopefully he improves significantly next season, but not every father son prospect will make the level unfortunately.
I'd be surprised if he is at the level in 12 months time though.
Definitely needs to develop a bit more physically. Given his age, it's not surprising, hopefully he improves in the next 12 months. Seems like a good kid

Ok
From what I've read and heard I hope we get this bloke (spelling probs wrong)
Besslinger (something like that )
Busslinger. And it’s very unlikely he is available by the time our first pick is up.

Heard a rumour of Finn Callahan heading to the Dogs at the end of next year.

I liked the look of his draft highlights.
It's early to begin the speculation.

While I like Finn and think he is talented, I don't think we need mids. I like who we have coming through. We need forwards and defenders. Just make that our priority and we will do well.

Dogs and Giants is a fairly unique rivalry for world sport given how little history there is and how much hate exists that isn't derived from fans but instead the individual clubs.

Just a query, we have lost:

Brown C
Brown T
Grundy (still paying part of salary)
Henry
Chugg
McMahon
Roughhead (R)

Have added, McStay, Hill, Frampton and Mitchell.

How has this helped our salary cap as I doubt the new players would be earning less than those delisted?

Likely a nett loss to TPP in 2023 when you look at the ins v the outs. The money we're paying Melbourne for Grundy in 2023 is likely offset by money we get for Mitchell would be my guess. The nett gain is the $900k of Grundy's salary off the books 2024 and beyond. Must be close to being over the Treloar deal as well.

Updated list of dates.

Monday, November 21 by 3pm

• AFL Draft Nominations close
  • Final date for delisted primary list players and non-retained rookies to nominate for the draft (either National Draft or Pre-Season Draft)
  • International players included on Rookie List lodged
  • AFL Father-Son bidding nomination lodged with the AFL
Monday, November 28 at 7.10pm

• 2022 AFL Draft Round One including Father/Son and Academy bidding (Marvel Stadium)
Tuesday, November 29

• AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round Two until completion, including Father/Son, Academy and NGA Players bidding (7pm at Marvel Stadium)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday, November 30

• AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday, December 1 by 4pm

• Final AFL Club List Lodgement
Being a moderator and I understand this is a draft thread, any idea who is replacing Craig Black as Magpies VFL coach?

Being a moderator and I understand this is a draft thread, any idea who is replacing Craig Black as Magpies VFL coach?
Good question indeed.
We havent heard yet -- They may promote someone from inside. Maybe Frasier? We'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard it was the bloke we got back from Essendon (name escapes me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back