List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Guessing you are the one making the allegation?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, I read it on a few Twitter accounts. Admittedly, they're not the most accurate BUT the quantity was indicative that there's probably validity to the story. Adam Yze was unlucky not to be considered for a handful of head coaching positions so he'll be a strong consideration.

Hearing a couple of things on the trade front (some of which isn't a surprise to anyone).

Grundy, the belief is we will be paying 30% but will get a first round pick back from Melbourne.
Mitchell is likely to find his way to Collingwood.
The Brown brothers were surprisingly on more money than any of us would expect, that will be freed up obviously for a couple of our targets.
Frampton and Hill are basically done.

Just what I was told.

Mate, this is no surprise.

They would have been on 15-30% more than going rate. The previous admin were using afterpay before the BNPL bubble burst.

If we lose Grundy and obtain the fringe blokes we're linked to what's the play? They shouldn't be consuming the salary Grundy is and should realistically be covered by other outgoings and the cap increase. If there is no other big contract coming in do we have someone else in mind next year?
Just like we had Jeremy Cameron in mind? malakies. Hit the draft hard with best prospect available. Already tried trades and stuffed up so many of them it ain't funny.

Having said that, our drafting has been pretty mediocre also.

Gee, I miss the days when TD would produce a random trade extract from Facebook or twitter.

The highs and lows experienced from the hyperbolic discussion - not only from the somewhat excruciating content, but the debate generated on whether they should even be included in the trade thread..

Good times!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You mean since last week? 😂

Aish isn't a miss. He's still playing good footy. He was the earliest casualty of our salary cap issues.
We would have drafted Bont if he was still there, but once he was gone, the decision was between Scharenberg & Aish and we chose the former.
Scharenberg had sesamoid bone removal surgery on both feet.
It makes you wonder if the foot problems he had played a role in his later ACLs.
If we had chosen Aish, he might still be at Collingwood.
Hindsight is pointless though - we couldn't have known how Scharenberg & Freeman would pan out.

I hope we aren't paying 1.5 million dollars for a first round pick, better if we get a later pick and don't pay as much of his salary
If we did this, I’d expect we’ve got a plan to get a Top kid. Cadman as others have said could be the one of greatest interest.
Will we really care about the money, if he’s the next Curnow/Cameron/ or Lynch?

Compare that to say a 2nd rounder where the 1.5mill becomes 1.0mill (200x5).
I don’t thinks it’s worth it.

But at $500k (100x5) then I’d take a 2nd.

Last edited:
If we did this, I’d expect we’ve got a plan to get a Top kid. Cadman as others have said could be the one of greatest interest.

Compare that to say a 2nd rounder where the 1.5mill becomes 1.0mill.

But at $500k, then I’d take a 2nd.
Would be a crazy strategy given you have no idea what others will pick. Cadman has been touted as a possibly top 5 pick. 300k seems like a lot, perhaps it's the difference between having a Cal Brown type on your list and a rookie.

I'd be surprised if Melbourne even had the want to take on the full Grundy wage. They've just signed a few huge deals.

No, I read it on a few Twitter accounts. Admittedly, they're not the most accurate BUT the quantity was indicative that there's probably validity to the story. Adam Yze was unlucky not to be considered for a handful of head coaching positions so he'll be a strong consideration.

You might want to look into when and where Yze did his coaching apprenticeship. He's not getting appointed anywhere until this story is fully investigated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a crazy strategy given you have no idea what others will pick. Cadman has been touted as a possibly top 5 pick. 300k seems like a lot, perhaps it's the difference between having a Cal Brown type on your list and a rookie.

I'd be surprised if Melbourne even had the want to take on the full Grundy wage. They've just signed a few huge deals.
We would definitely have certainty about the range in which Cadman or another Top kid will fall.
Eg Cadman from 4-8, and we would plan accordingly.

Sliv
Yeah last time I had anything to do with anything Polish was at a nephew's wedding.

They were serving Slivovitz.

It's a plum brandy/spirit.

Looks like water.

Tastes like rocket fuel.

:eek::eek::eek:
Ovitz
Give me Cadman or give me death.

Make it happen Wrighty.
Not tall enough for a KF, 194CM means he'll probably be a second or third tall, not exactly the big beast we are after

I hope we aren't paying 1.5 million dollars for a first round pick, better if we get a later pick and don't pay as much of his salary
Theoretically, correctly using a first round pick on a gun player will save you more than $1.5 million - A player of Nick Daicos' quality, for instance, would be worth SIGNIFICANTLY more than what he's being paid if you recruited them on the open market.

Good draft picks are worth way more than they're paid and you're way more likely to hit on a first round pick than a third round pick, so there's logic to it either way.

If he’s really not there I think it speaks volumes
No WHE, Elliott, Chugg.. So I don't think we can read much into this.

He's had his exit meeting, so prob spending time with his family about what he wants to do.

Compare that to say a 2nd rounder where the 1.5mill becomes 1.0mill (200x5).

But at $500k (100x5) then I’d take a 2nd.

Cadman will be a top 3-5 draft pick. No one is going to give us one of those picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back