List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

SEN have a list of every player linked to a trade.
Under GWS they have Tom Green listed - he's the one we should try and get.
He is a better fit than Hopper or Taranto.
A job lot of Hill & Green as a salary dump?
Unlikely, but it would be good.

SEN have a list of every player linked to a trade.
Under GWS they have Tom Green listed - he's the one we should try and get.
He is a better fit than Hopper or Taranto.
A job lot of Hill & Green as a salary dump?
Unlikely, but it would be good.
They are losing hopper and Taranto, no way in hell are they letting Green go. There is a reason why they dont mind if Hopper goes. They see Green as their future.

Once again. you keep saying we're below par, despite 3 prelims in the last 5 years. And you point towards humility for Carlton, who can't make finals. Cripps is a good player. No doubt.
I've had a little thought about it, and I'm conceding a little. I forgot to take in to account the AFL adding two teams in GWS and the Suns, the last decade would've been much harder to find talent compared to the 2000's where we recruited well. Also using Carlton as example was not a good idea considering I really don't know that much about them other than I think they have a better list.

But I still think we need to improve in our recruitment department.

Take care.

Someone said earlier Thomas was unsigned, though footywire says he is contracted until 2024. Prior to Clarkson's arrival he was rumoured to likely request a trade away.

I remember the speculation, just not his contract status..

Will be something to watch now considering Fagan standing down and Nth stating they’re not expecting the same from AC…

Edit: AC start date on hold now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
They are losing hopper and Taranto, no way in hell are they letting Green go. There is a reason why they dont mind if Hopper goes. They see Green as their future.
So why do SEN have him listed? Apart from them having no idea.

My point is more around people wanting a big beast of a KF, he's certainly not that
I was watching a few of the championships games and beast was actually the thought I had while watching him. Has really developed physically in the last year. Would be amazing for us but I can't see it happening. People will be gunning for Jefferson who is also really talented but is so skinny and docile in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah your right I mean he's a big bodied mid, 2 x Premiership player at the age of 24 & with all our young midfield depth coming through (Fin, Nick &...) definitely wouldn't help us for the next 4-6 years... Whilst Adams, Pendles, Sidey & co retire. Seems a real plodder.
Classic case of being a premiership player inflating his worth in some minds here. He has been a bit player in a midfield containing Dusty, Prestia, Cotchin, and more recently, Bolton. Never managed more than 20 disposals a game. Clearance game has gone backwards since his first year, when it peaked at 3.2, he now struggles to get 2 a game. Less than 1 centre clearance per game.

What is it specifically about his mediocre all round game that makes you think he’s going to suddenly become the clearance bull we need, aside from his “big body”?

I was watching a few of the championships games and beast was actually the thought I had while watching him. Has really developed physically in the last year. Would be amazing for us but I can't see it happening. People will be gunning for Jefferson who is also really talented but is so skinny and docile in comparison.
He would fit in nicely with us, especially with McStay's big body shielding him and Freddy

Classic case of being a premiership player inflating his worth in some minds here. He has been a bit player in a midfield containing Dusty, Prestia, Cotchin, and more recently, Bolton. Never managed more than 20 disposals a game. Clearance game has gone backwards since his first year, when it peaked at 3.2, he now struggles to get 2 a game. Less than 1 centre clearance per game.

What is it specifically about his mediocre all round game that makes you think he’s going to suddenly become the clearance bull we need, aside from his “big body”?

Definitely not a clearance bull but he rates elite for pressure acts and tackling.

There's always room for a guy like that in your best 22.

I think given the opportunity his clearance numbers could improve.

Definitely not a clearance bull but he rates elite for pressure acts and tackling.

There's always room for a guy like that in your best 22.

I think given the opportunity his clearance numbers could improve.
Maybe, but it’s a gamble, and Richmond will likely ask a premium given he’s contracted. I don’t think he’d be a smart move for us, not the right fit.

Correct - which is why I was suggesting it’s just PART of the a strategy to get into early part of the draft. We’d have 3 first rounders (including the 2023 first Round).

Presuming someone took that deal, I don't think it's a good idea to trade multiple 1st rounders for one draft age key forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back