List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

I’d be happy with 27 for Grundy and Melbourne pay his full salary.

Hold firm on Ollie for 1st round pick. Hope he stays and gets in full season next year and kicks 30-40 goals. Geelong will need offer more next trade period in a stronger draft 👍. If he nominates for draft I’d be happy that club stood firm and got nothing for him.

Just take what we can get for Grundy and be done with it.
We dont want him here so in the long term is where the benefits will be had.

They'll be crying anyway next year when they realise how far off the perch he has fallen.
Agree with you to an extent, a fair trade for all parties is we pay some of his contract and we should be receiving a pick around 20 in return.

Hope they trade him and then we knock back 25 and 33 for Henry. Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think we would. 33 is a garbage pick and please no one bring up the stupid argument about points.

Look this is no game - this particular scenario is a line in the sand moment for the club - I hope Wrighty see's this through and regardless of the cost the club backs him to ram this down both Melbourne and Geelong's throats.

Close off negotiations now with both - tell them to climb on their thumbs and enjoy the ride.

Time to start negotiations with clubs that are genuine in their dealings and simply ignore those that aren't.

Stand up tall Wrighty and just walk away.

Hawthorn are seriously crazy. They would have lost Gunston, their Capt (ruckman), Shiel, Mitchell and O’Meara as leaders.
The only experienced players they have remaining on their list include Sicily, Breust, Frost, Wingard. Hardly leaders of an AFL club.
They obviously haven’t learnt from Carlton and North’s experience. I can see a decade of pain coming for the Hawks.

Hawthorn are seriously crazy. They would have lost Gunston, their Capt (ruckman), Shiel, Mitchell and O’Meara as leaders.
The only experienced players they have remaining on their list include Sicily, Breust, Frost, Wingard. Hardly leaders of an AFL club.
They obviously haven’t learnt from Carlton and North’s experience. I can see a decade of pain coming for the Hawks.
What is going on at Hawthorn?

Attachments

• A7DF5324-BF14-4068-B194-40E252CC54EF.jpeg
    A7DF5324-BF14-4068-B194-40E252CC54EF.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 59
A bunch were rookie upgrades. Our third will upgrade Nobes to the senior list (long overdue).
Just checked there was 65 picks plus 9 rookie upgrades. Noble will be upgraded but I still would like to hold a later pick if we have had only 2 picks which can be traded on draft night if there is no one else we like. We would only need 2 take 2 picks so don’t have to use it on the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see us accepting it unless it means we can improve our draft hand with an earlier pick.

I can't see any teams we can do that with.

Pick 33 they can trade to a club for a future 2nd which unlocks the future 1st to be traded.

As above I want Geelong to trade Rata to Port for 33 and then we still knock back any deal for Ollie that doesn’t have a FRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scodog10 , Cadman GWS

200w.gif

The fact we've made it so public that we've rejected 25 & 27 for Henry and Grundy - and have asked for a first round pick and top 25 pick respectively - means we are getting both of those things.

It would be incredibly embarrassing if we accepted less. As it would be incredibly embarrassing for Geelong and Melbourne if it didn't get done.

Geelong fans are talking tough but can you imagine their fans if they missed out on Henry because they couldn't upgrade their pick from 25 to at least 18? They'd be hurling abuse at Mackie.

Also who's gonna be second ruck for Melbourne if Grundy doesn't go there? McDonald?

Possible option:
Cats receive pick 33 for Ratagalea from Port trade (rumoured pick 33)
Cats ontrade 33 to Pies + pick 25
Pies send either 41/50 to Port & 51 to Cats
For me it works last year when we wanted points, but in 2022 we’re getting short changed, IMO. I’m more a fan of 1 top 10 pick and 2-3 picks 50+ instead of 4 from 15 to 40. Where do you land with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back