List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Dont quote me, but someone on twitter mentioned Ollie's manager said he would stay if a deal can't be done. Given we do have a 1 year offer on the table.
If this is true, then he wont go through the draft. And who knows what happens in 12 months, a lot can change people's minds.

Hawthorn are seriously crazy. They would have lost Gunston, their Capt (ruckman), Shiel, Mitchell and O’Meara as leaders.
The only experienced players they have remaining on their list include Sicily, Breust, Frost, Wingard. Hardly leaders of an AFL club.
They obviously haven’t learnt from Carlton and North’s experience. I can see a decade of pain coming for the Hawks.
Hardcore bottoming out.

I think with another potential year outside our best 22 and he’s probably worth a future second rounder and the end of next season.
He’s best 22 next year unless he checks out in which case Geelong won’t touch him because they won’t cop a guy with that sort of attitude.

I’d be happy with 27 for Grundy and Melbourne pay his full salary.

Hold firm on Ollie for 1st round pick. Hope he stays and gets in full season next year and kicks 30-40 goals. Geelong will need offer more next trade period in a stronger draft 👍. If he nominates for draft I’d be happy that club stood firm and got nothing for him.
Yes agreee, sets a precedence to all the clubs that the Pies mean business, and we will no longer take the rough end of a pineapple.

The fact we've made it so public that we've rejected 25 & 27 for Henry and Grundy - and have asked for a first round pick and top 25 pick respectively - means we are getting both of those things.

It would be incredibly embarrassing if we accepted less. As it would be incredibly embarrassing for Geelong and Melbourne if it didn't get done.

Geelong fans are talking tough but can you imagine their fans if they missed out on Henry because they couldn't upgrade their pick from 25 to at least 18? They'd be hurling abuse at Mackie.

Also who's gonna be second ruck for Melbourne if Grundy doesn't go there? McDonald?
God I hope so. And I hope we don't relent for some bs late picks added to those picks.

Needs to be first rounders in this draft or we might as well keep them.

What about this..
We trade Grundy to Melbourne for future 2nd and hey pay all his contract.
We trump Geelong by offering future 2nd and take Bowes and pick 7
We use 7 on Clark.
This. Lets do this. No Mitchell, but Fiorini, Bowes and pick 7? Every day of the week. Give those wa*kers down the road an almighty bollocking.

If Henry’s draft was weak, and given his progress, then we should be asking more than 17.
Because by your own logic you’re suggesting those taken before him haven’t performed, so Henry in hindsight, deserved to be taken at higher picked
That's not my logic at all. My point was that being taken 17 in a weak draft isn't the same as 17 in a strong one. Henry, whilst showing promise, is one of many first round picks from 2020 that have failed to establish themselves at first 22 players so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As hilarious as it would be to shaft the Dees and leave them scrambling for a back-up ruckmen, I think it might be too far gone. Happy to be wrong, but doubt it. If it is too far gone then Mitchell is a perfect consolation prize.

Geelong can GAGF, as far as I'm concerned

Melbourne with only Gawn as a ruckman on their list is at massive risk if he gets injured and helps our finals/top 4 chances. Grundy or Mitchell would be about even in terms of impact for us around the clearances so would absolutely be happy to keep Grundy unless we get the return we need.

Hopefully we finally make a stand at the trade table.

Who cares about two spots in the draft in the mid 20’s. If it’s 25 or 27 it doesn’t really matter on draft night. It will get done.

I still am of the belief that the salary subsidy will be far less than what people understanD it to be. I believe Grundy has agreed to a pay cut….and hopefully Melbourne will move a bit having been unable to deliver the draft pick required. Would not surprise me in the least if it’s nearer 150k than 300k. Mitchell’s subsidy (albeit over fewer years) will be far more than that. Plus treloars will end if it hasn’t already.

As for henry….. first round or nothing. Geelong need to split their pick seven or get approval to trade their 2023 firs5 rounder, otherwise no deal.

Last edited:
So what's preferable keeping Brodes or getting Mitchell?

Me reckons the club would prefer Mitchell, they must know something about the two that we don't.

So we're not gonna bend this time.

Times are a changin at the Pies.

And I like it!

more Mitchell's Contract over Grundy's Contract

The fact we've made it so public that we've rejected 25 & 27 for Henry and Grundy - and have asked for a first round pick and top 25 pick respectively - means we are getting both of those things.

It would be incredibly embarrassing if we accepted less. As it would be incredibly embarrassing for Geelong and Melbourne if it didn't get done.

Geelong fans are talking tough but can you imagine their fans if they missed out on Henry because they couldn't upgrade their pick from 25 to at least 18? They'd be hurling abuse at Mackie.

Also who's gonna be second ruck for Melbourne if Grundy doesn't go there? McDonald?

We can only hope.

Hardcore bottoming out.
It just doesn’t seem to work unless you have leaders on the field.
Also, you would be wanting to finish bottom 3 or 4 for a few years wouldn’t you? They seem to have a problem in that they have cap space but their senior players aren’t worth what they think they are. I wonder if they performed better and had good prospects if Bowes would have chosen them? A pick 7 to go with their pick 6 would have been handy.

I love how we have now threatened Dees we will keep him.

They are just as desperate to land him….
They won’t want to have gone this far down the line and have to just go into the season with Gawn and no back up….
Especially as Gawn's been driving the trade.

(Me thinks, he's feeling the pinch a bit physically at 30 years old).

That statement beggars the question..If he is not best 22 then is he worth a first rounder.
I think perhaps he is best 22 and worth a first rounder.
I agree if you include the word potential. We're asking for a 1st rounder based on potential. if he stays and performs to expected potential he's best 22. If he doesn't perform to expectations he's close to a bust for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back