List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

That's 2 Geelong kids who after 2 years in the AFL wanna go to Geelong.

Seems a bit fishy to me.
Hats off to Geelong if they’re cultivating such an ability to get players to return home and play for them. All power to a club in a position to leverage whatever advantage they can (legally) get. You’d love us to do it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Piss weak of Ollie though.

Hats off to Geelong if they’re cultivating such an ability to get players to return home and play for them. All power to a club in a position to leverage whatever advantage they can (legally) get. You’d love us to do it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Piss weak of Ollie though.

So they don't bother drafting Geelong kids and just wait 2 years for them to ask for a trade to Geelong.

Yep not fishy at all.

And yeah I'm pissed at Ollie because he is gonna be a very good player. Everyone can see that.

So they don't bother drafting Geelong kids and just wait 2 years for them to ask for a trade to Geelong.

Yep not fishy at all.

And yeah I'm pissed at Ollie because he is gonna be a very good player. Everyone can see that.
Yeah understood but if Geelong were run like North or Essendon it wouldn’t be happening.

The strength of the culture is creating the advantage, and that’s all you could ever ask your football club try to facilitate. No sense being mad with them for executing supremely well and creating an environment that they can cash in on highly rated players at under market rates, be it draft cache consumed or go home factor

Yep not fishy at all.

And THIS is the way it works. The process is instilled into the top kids from the Falcons and the managers all know it too. I'm guessing that AFL will do something about the "Go Home after 2 years Rule" eventually but in our case....there goes the best young forward we've had since Cloke.
Gonna be hard watching the lad kick goals for the Catters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao only Collingwood would trade a future 3rd for a delisted player.

Maybe we could trade them a future second and get a third back, for increased “versatility” and “options”.

Now that Henry is gone I wonder if we have the cap space or if we’re too late to work in the Bowes trade.

We need to replace these kids we have an age problem as it is. If we can take pick 7, 15, and 18/future first not a bad start. I hate draft picks and think they’re pretty over rated but a top 10 wouldn’t go astray

And THIS is the way it works. The process is instilled into the top kids from the Falcons and the managers all know it too. I'm guessing that AFL will do something about the "Go Home after 2 years Rule" eventually but in our case....there goes the best young forward we've had since Cloke.
Gonna be hard watching the lad kick goals for the Catters.
It’s not the AFL’s responsibility to develop club cultures to encourage retention. Players are still people first and foremost and must be able to pursue their lifestyle wants and desires.

The two years on draftee contracts is fine. The responsibility is on the clubs to look at what Geelong is achieving and negate or replicate it.

I think we should hold fire with sledging Ollie... the story says he wants a move if a suitable trade can be arranged. There is a chance it will not be. He was pick 16, has shown plenty so we should be demanding a pick markedly better than 16 to let him go.
There's a strange phenomenon in the AFL where fans say, ''Geelong only have pick 20 so that's what we will have to cop!" I don't but that and neither should Wright. It's a great rort for the top few clubs to say we will give you a first-rounder etc, but there is a vast gap between pick 8 and pick 20, for example. I really hope we stick to our guns on this one.
Also annoyed at the idea he is trying to make us pay an inflated wage, but then no doubt will play for chips for those freaks down the highway

With Henry we have to make a stand.
There is no way they will get him unless a deal is struck.
1.He has shown improvement
2. If Geelong cut a deal for Bowes they give us the pick 7 and we will gift wrap him and send him on his way
3.Otherwise they need to give us MORE then there 1st rounder or future first rounder, they finish to high on the ladder
4.There secind rounder also.
5.Otherwise let him loose, let him nominate for the December draft, moove back too Geelong.
Arden street will be less of a drive then the lexus centre anyway from Geelong

I think we should hold fire with sledging Ollie... the story says he wants a move if a suitable trade can be arranged. There is a chance it will not be. He was pick 16, has shown plenty so we should be demanding a pick markedly better than 16 to let him go.
There's a strange phenomenon in the AFL where fans say, ''Geelong only have pick 20 so that's what we will have to cop!" I don't but that and neither should Wright. It's a great rort for the top few clubs to say we will give you a first-rounder etc, but there is a vast gap between pick 8 and pick 20, for example. I really hope we stick to our guns on this one.
Also annoyed at the idea he is trying to make us pay an inflated wage, but then no doubt will play for chips for those freaks down the highway

No doubt this will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back