List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

188cm isn't huge. Cripps dwarfed him at stoppages.
Being over 190cm isn’t a prerequisite to being a huge mid. He’s exactly the same weight as Cripps, despite the height difference. He’s huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Matt Crouch worth a look? Too slow?
He should come cheap if we can't snag a young one. OOC this year.
Been in the 2s all year except the last 2 games filling in for Rachele.
Turns 29 next year. I can't remember if he is injury prone or not.

Well disagree. In today's afl 188cm isn't huge imo.

Actually in general it isn't really tall. I've got a 16yo that's 195cm. Every generation is taller.
Height is not the be all for strength in afl. Dangerfield and petracca are not tall, but Goodluck tackling them. Same as Gary Ablett junior. Stength through the hips and core is more important for mids which has nothing to do with height. In the case of bont, height def helps with his overhead game however, Cripps not so much

Don’t think many of those not signed at this stage will be retained.
Primary list - Ruscoe Bianco Kelly Draper
Rookies - Begg Carmichael Markov Murley Wilson
Only one I really want to keep is Markov , unsure on a few others , but most won’t be re-signed

Might be a year where we see minimal changes, I think Fly has said as much, although we are looking for another recruit or two? Could also be a retirement or two that we might not necessarily be expecting outside the bubble.

There will probably have to be some shuffling between rookie and senior lists to keep a few players.

Ruscoe, Bianco and Carmichael in particular have shown previously that they can be serviceable at AFL level if we are hit hard by the injury imp again (touch wood) and, given they are all in their early 20's, there's probably a decent case to retain them (maybe delist and rookie)?

Draper is the unknown here - do we persist with a young bloke who obviously has talent but has struggled with injury and concussion or do we cut the cord now, the latter of which is probably a bit more palatable with a young bloke who hasn't really had a crack at it yet, given he was a later pick in the draft and thus the perception of wasted draft pick capital isn't really there?

Wilson is another hard decision, he's shown he can come in and play a role at AFL level but Murphy has gone past him now and is essentially a lock in our best 22. Some chance that he may get another year on the Cat A list for depth if we do delist Begg and Kelly but that's probably a slim one.

Last edited:
I think we will draft 2
Our 1st and Carlton’s 2nd rounder.
Promoting Johnson counts to the required picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm a bit fuzzy on rookie list rules for mid-season draftees, would it be possible to have him remain on the rookie list for another year if he agrees to it (ie. next year count as his "third" and final rookie year)?

I'm a bit fuzzy on rookie list rules for mid-season draftees, would it be possible to have him remain on the rookie list for another year if he agrees to it (ie. next year count as his "third" and final rookie year)?
Yeah it’s a tad confusing to me too. But hine suggests this is his last year.
2021 year 1 even though he was picked up mid way so not even a full year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well disagree. In today's afl 188cm isn't huge imo.

Actually in general it isn't really tall. I've got a 16yo that's 195cm. Every generation is taller.
Yeah. I think we mean different things by "huge". Weight is probably a bigger factor than height in the way I think of "huge".

I don’t know if many people outside the system could be confident answering this one, but maybe the contract cycle is a good indicator? If we take October 31st as the end of a cycle this is his third contract expiry cycle so he’s classed as a third year listed player. AFAIK a player can spend 12 years on the rookie list they would need to be delisted and re-rookied after each three year cycle.

Last edited:
I don’t know if many people outside the system could be confident answering this one, but maybe the contract cycle is a good indicator? If we take October 31st as a cycle this is his third contract expiry cycle so he’s classed as a third year listed player. AFAIK a player can spend 12 years on the rookie list they would need to be delisted and re-rookied after each three year cycle.
This is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back