List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deying AFL"s equalisation? Not sure thats a reason to choose them over us.

7 years may have played a part.
It's turned out well for us. Can't ask for any more of Mitchell. And given what we're paying him, looks like the standout option.
Now just need Macrae to keep doing what he's doing and take over in a couple years and the future is looking fantastic.

Deying AFL"s equalisation? Not sure thats a reason to choose them over us.

Im kind of glad we never went to heavy after Taranto I didn't realise how much of a butcher he is by foot can do lots of other things but yeeesh hes pretty ordinary in the disposal department

Should have recruited Crossley #hitoutsforthepeople
I don’t know why you’re still going on about this. It seems pretty clear at this point that Crossley is content playing VFL at this stage of his career. I don’t think he even signed up for the draft last year.

7 years may have played a part.
It's turned out well for us. Can't ask for any more of Mitchell. And given what we're paying him, looks like the standout option.
Now just need Macrae to keep doing what he's doing and take over in a couple years and the future is looking fantastic.
Mitchell is wayyyyyy better than Taranto.

I don't get the obsession with age. I think there's massive value in getting elite 29/30 year olds to top up list needs provided they don't have injury concerns.

They are often still in their peak years whilst not demanding heavy contracts or trade costs.

I don’t know why you’re still going on about this. It seems pretty clear at this point that Crossley is content playing VFL at this stage of his career. I don’t think he even signed up for the draft last year.

Partly for a laugh and partly because there was an off season discussion about the need to recruit a ruck, and whether that player should be plug-and-play.

To me it always made sense to bring in someone ready for seniors. I liked Crossley but whoever we chose needed to be ready for seniors imo.

The Cameron/Cox injuries is why. It was clear we needed cover there. We're in a position now where that decision will leave us short, and what affect that has on the season I guess we'll wait and see.

I don't think we'll ever know the full story regarding culpability, but one of the rumours that went around was that Gubby loved performance based triggers to motivate players and in 2018 way more than expected hit triggers for much better contracts - resulting in guys like Phillips being on big money.
We had the chance to offload Phillips to the Cats before that contract for a good return and chose to keep him

At this rate it’s looking like we’ll do very well out of the mid-season draft, effectively trading in:

• Jeremy Howe
  • Nathan Krueger
  • Pat Lipinski
  • Darcy Cameron

That’ll bolster our list in the second half of the season!

At this rate it’s looking like we’ll do very well out of the mid-season draft, effectively trading in:

• Jeremy Howe
  • Nathan Krueger
  • Pat Lipinski
  • Darcy Cameron

That’ll bolster our list in the second half of the season!
Afaik all of those players are set to come back at the end year and won’t be placed on the inactive list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afaik all of those players are set to come back at the end year and won’t be placed on the inactive list.

According to the injury report, Krueger is due back around rounds 7-8, Lipinski is due back after the bye.

Howe is TBC, the post bye round is 12 weeks away - surely it wouldn’t take more than 3 months to heal a broken arm?

Cameron is obviously TBC, but a high grade MCL + return to fitness > 3 months?

Howe is TBC, the post bye round is 12 weeks away - surely it wouldn’t take more than 3 months to heal a broken arm?
Infection is a wildcard in that equation.

I would be calling Ben McAvoy get him fit.

Draft him msd on 6 month contract .

Only plays if needed ...like when we had ben hudson

Should have recruited Crossley #hitoutsforthepeople[

Partly for a laugh and partly because there was an off season discussion about the need to recruit a ruck, and whether that player should be plug-and-play.

To me it always made sense to bring in someone ready for seniors. I liked Crossley but whoever we chose needed to be ready for seniors imo.

The Cameron/Cox injuries is why. It was clear we needed cover there. We're in a position now where that decision will leave us short, and what affect that has on the season I guess we'll wait and see.
We are also down Begg and Krueger. On top of this the loss of Howe and Dean makes it difficult for Frampton to go into the ruck against Brisbane.
We had enough cover 6 injuries to 2 roles has made things difficult.
Hine doesnt draft players for the sake of it. They rate Oscar long term.

We are also down Begg and Krueger. On top of this the loss of Howe and Dean makes it difficult for Frampton to go into the ruck against Brisbane.
We had enough cover 6 injuries to 2 roles has made things difficult.
Hine doesnt draft players for the sake of it. They rate Oscar long term.

Krueger and Frampton aren't rucks and Begg shouldn't be. I dont mind us recruiting Steene, however, we needed to bring in a ready made back-up. Even more so in the two-ruck system we're playing.

Krueger and Frampton aren't rucks and Begg shouldn't be. I dont mind us recruiting Steene, however, we needed to bring in a ready made back-up. Even more so in the two-ruck system we're playing.
I’d have liked to recruit an experienced ruck to play alongside Steene in the VFL and moved Begg to the backline.

Should have held the spot and not taken Markov. Hindsight and all
Both our rucks should be back before the MSD, shouldn't they? Or is Cameron's knee worse than that?

I think we need Markov on the list - very little in terms of ready to go running depth - and it's the key to the team with lots of players.

Both our rucks should be back before the MSD, shouldn't they? Or is Cameron's knee worse than that?

I think we need Markov on the list - very little in terms of ready to go running depth - and it's the key to the team with lots of players.
I don’t mind the Markov pickup but any of WHE, Crisp or Richards could move back to cover. Heck even McCreery or Bianco could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back