List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read the thread so apologies if mentioned but thoughts on Fyfe?

Says he's out of contract, obviously unrestricted, played out of position (Similar to Titch)

Feel like he could rejuvenate his career under Fly, play in front of 80,000 every week and have one last crack at a flag.

Haven't read the thread so apologies if mentioned but thoughts on Fyfe?

Says he's out of contract, obviously unrestricted, played out of position (Similar to Titch)

Feel like he could rejuvenate his career under Fly, play in front of 80,000 every week and have one last crack at a flag.
I'd love him at the Pies, but you wouldn't be pay overs for him now.

I just wouldn’t take Parish as a FA
Surely there are better players to invest our cap on
James Jordon from Melbourne is someone who has impressed me when I've seen him play and would provide good competition and eventually transition for our wings. He's also a free agent at the end of this season.

Kane Farrell from Port is also a player I hope we're monitoring. He's someone I think we could use to improve our depth in the forward or back half given his kicking abilities.

Jay Clark seems to think we should be in the race for him.

Port Adelaide high-flyer Mitch Georgiades is “one of the most fascinating contract situations” in the league this year, News Corp AFL journalist Jay Clark says with Collingwood a potential suitor if he remains in the SANFL.
The 21-year-old key forward is out of contract at the end of the season.

He played the first two games of the season for the Power, but was dropped for the Showdown after a 2.5 start to the season.

“I think he is one of the most fascinating contract situations in the AFL,” he said.

“Because if he is not in the team, then I think it really leaves him vulnerable of leaving the footy club.

“They have (Charlie) Dixon, they have (Todd) Marshall, I think Scotty Lycett could leave the footy club at the end of the year

“They want to keep Georgiades, they see his potential but so do other clubs around the competition.

“So if you could come at Mitch Georgiades with a decent contract but more around the opportunities and a spot.”

Georgiades is from Western Australia but Clark said he could be in play for Melbourne clubs such as Collingwood.

“You look at Collingwood, (Brody) Mihocek is ageing, (Mason) Cox is ageing. Yes they have Dan McStay but is he the prime key forward that they haven’t had for a while?”

Clark said Georgiades was a polarising player among list managers.

“List managers are looking at Mitch Georgiades and thinking is this guy a 200-game key forward or are we not sure,” he said.

“He is from WA, I don’t know if the WA clubs are mad on him I’m not sure they are banging down the door.

“So for the Melbourne clubs I think it is an interesting space … I think there is an opportunity for a Melbourne club.

Jay Clark seems to think we should be in the race for him.
I'm not sure if he's one for us personally. Given his size and style, he would appear to be far to similar to AJ and Reef at this stage (granted I know there are long term aspirations for Reef to become a mid). No doubt I think he has some talent, but I think in terms of a KPF we need to be looking at a genuine 195-200cm, contested marking KPF such as Ben King or Aaron Naughton type.

I'm not sure if he's one for us personally. Given his size and style, he would appear to be far to similar to AJ and Reef at this stage (granted I know there are long term aspirations for Reef to become a mid). No doubt I think he has some talent, but I think in terms of a KPF we need to be looking at a genuine 195-200cm, contested marking KPF such as Ben King or Aaron Naughton type.
The problem with King & Naughton is what we'd have to give up to get either of them.

He's only 21 and has some ability.
For the right price he could be worth a shot.
We took Jay Rantall with our first pick, 40, in that draft.
Noah Cumberland went at 43.
Port also picked him with the pick we gave to bris for beams, who then on-traded it to port.

The problem with King & Naughton is what we'd have to give up to get either of them.
While I do agree a King/Naughton would cost a lot more than Mitch, I personally think we are better of paying up for a genuine KPF (if we have the means and capital too) rather than counting our savings with another "not-quite" key-forward. We've been down that path a number of times - Jesse White, Quintin Lynch etc (heck even Kreuger, though I do have high hopes for him), it might just be time we open the purse strings and pay up for the genuine gun KPF?

While I do agree a King/Naughton would cost a lot more than Mitch, I personally think we are better of paying up for a genuine KPF (if we have the means and capital too) rather than counting our savings with another "not-quite" key-forward. We've been down that path a number of times - Jesse White, Quintin Lynch etc (heck even Kreuger, though I do have high hopes for him), it might just be time we open the purse strings and pay up for the genuine gun KPF?
Naughton would be good - he can play at both ends too.
Was a mad Collingwood supporter growing up.
He shares a house with Lippa.
Come on Lippa! Get in his ear!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine gun KPF: If it's a Cameron, Lynch, Naughton, King, etc. is fine.

However we have to be carefull as we could get flake like Daniher, Hipwood, etc.
They have to be able to do more than just mark and kick. They need to be system players like Mihocek. (Tackle, 1%, etc.)
McStay and Mihocek bring others into the game and a great for our current style.

Genuine gun KPF: If it's a Cameron, Lynch, Naughton, King, etc. is fine.

However we have to be carefull as we could get flake like Daniher, Hipwood, etc.
They have to be able to do more than just mark and kick. They need to be system players like Mihocek. (Tackle, 1%, etc.)
McStay and Mihocek bring others into the game and a great for our current style.
This in my opinion is spot on - our gameplan doesn't justify spending a large portion of your cap on a single player, unless they're head and shoulders above the competition in that position.

Cameron is probably the most versatile player in the game and, arguably, the best. Naughton is quite similar in his ability to get around the ground, has a better contested marking capability than Cameron, however lets himself down in front of goal often.

Daniher is maybe the most frustrating player in the game. I fully expect him to kick 5 against us tomorrow night, before reverting back to quirky at best and erratic at worst. Hipwood is a luxury player - soft as butter. Reminds me of Schache.

In terms of realistic options, or those that don't involve us selling the farm (thereby lowering the risk), one of Sydney's tall forwards such as Amartey or McLean might be smart options.

Give me Toby Greene. It's like having 2 DeGoeys in the team.

He would be a force in a team like ours now. Easily the best mid size forward in the comp. I love him but thats unpopular i think as most people prefer squeaky clean personalities over ability these days
We would be unstoppable with someone like him in our team.
Ben King is good looking into the future for us.
Right now Toby would suit flys game plan. Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back