List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction for 2024 is we'll land Naughton and Clark from Geelong.

Don't think Naughton comes across this year but as a free agent, he'll land at the Pies. His dad still supports Collingwood quite happily and really, it's a matter of sitting down and signing a deal. The Bulldogs have to lose a forward.
What a dream haul that would be, quite realistic tbh, make it happen Pies.

Seem to recall Pendles has a very close mentoring role with Jack Billings
Paul Connors has already started the Dutch auction process for his client.
Be interesting if we make a play via Pendles. Would be a cheap deal
On the cheap, would worth bringing in.

He's a bit like Cloke in that he breaks your heart so often with his erratic goal kicking. You can't enjoy his spectacular marking when you know what follows could be such a let down.
His conversion sits around 60% which is around the AFL average.

The point is that it was not public knowledge! I find it very unlikely that we take on a top level salary player, sacrifice top end draft picks for a player that we know to be mentally broken and on the cusp of a mental breakdown. I say we were deceived and mislead.
The club wasn't deceived. The club was reportedly warned by several different sources but the advice was ignored. Hence when the club tried to gave Beams payout removed from the salary cap on medical grounds it was rejected because we were warned. As Bucks implied in his interview this week in the HS what Ed wanted Ed got. Good and bad

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very surprising. Why do so many commentators also feel the way I do about his wayward kicking if it is all an illusion?
I don’t know, but comparing him to Cloke is wrong. The only player I’ve seen as bad as him from set shots is Daniher (at his worst)

I see the Hawks are shopping around Denver Grainger-Barras. For a CHB he averages 7.5 disposals a game. very poor return considering how often the ball has been in the Hawks backline over the past 3 years. Is he a good player played out of position or is he a high draft pick flop?

So do I... please please... But then how sure were we that Lynch was coming to us for exactly the same reasons
We can thank Ed for Lynch not coming to us. His decision to boot Balme for Gubby meant that Balme took the ground work he built with Lynch while at Collingwood to the Tigers and the rest is history.

We can thank Ed for Lynch not coming to us. His decision to boot Balme for Gubby meant that Balme took the ground work he built with Lynch while at Collingwood to the Tigers and the rest is history.
Agree whole heartedly... However it is the premise some supporters have that a player will seek to be traded to Collingwood primarily because they barracked for us prior to be drafted. Not many players see it that way

Seem to recall Pendles has a very close mentoring role with Jack Billings
Paul Connors has already started the Dutch auction process for his client.
Be interesting if we make a play via Pendles. Would be a cheap deal

I like the idea of Billings on the cheap if he’s body is right.

Might have already been discussed but - Would we take the risk on chasing Tarryn Thomas if he really wants out?

Back Fly, Nev Jetta, Krak and Leon to nurture him a bit.

6th best rated player in the last 6 weeks according to Champion data

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back