List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t there a “Blumfield rule” set up that clubs couldn’t trade a player for a couple of years- aka possibility of Grundy to Port etc.

Or is that theory blown out with JHF traded last year?

Agree whole heartedly... However it is the premise some supporters have that a player will seek to be traded to Collingwood primarily because they barracked for us prior to be drafted. Not many players see it that way
Agreed. In theory though, it should make a move an easier sell. I believe that both Howe and WHE were attracted by the lure of playing for the club they loved growing up.

I don’t know, but comparing him to Cloke is wrong. The only player I’ve seen as bad as him from set shots is Daniher (at his worst)
Daniher is a good one to compare to Cloke. High volume of shots, and a better chance from 50 out on a tight angle than 25 dead in front.

I think the idea of getting Gold Coasts pick 4 is not going to happen, pick 4 is worth 2034 points and our whole draft hand is worth 1548.

A pick we might be able to get is the Bulldogs pick 10, their father son will likely be bid on around their first pick, if not their first pick definitely their second pick which is 17.

If we move up the board by offering pick 18 + 33 (1548 points) for pick 10 (1395) then it would allow the Bulldogs to get Gold Coasts pick 4 and we could get pick 10.

I do think we need another second rounder and don't mind if we take pick 18 and 33 to the draft.

Take a look a Mitch Edwards highlights I think he will be a serious talent and Logan Morris might be at our second pick.

Was he from Sandringham? If it is I think he was raved about in his draft year because he could play both back & forward. How has he been going?

He played down back for Adelaide second half of the year and there was a toughness and fearlessness that I really liked. Seems a competitor. Capable of intercept marking. To me he'd compliment Moore and Murphy perfectly.

I didn't really like what I saw of Frampton in our defence this year, but think Frampton is a good stop gap for ruck fwd ruck and down back. Just wouldn't plan for him to be the guy.

He played down back for Adelaide second half of the year and there was a toughness and fearlessness that I really liked. Seems a competitor. Capable of intercept marking. To me he'd compliment Moore and Murphy perfectly.

I didn't really like what I saw of Frampton in our defence this year, but think Frampton is a good stop gap for ruck fwd ruck and down back. Just wouldn't plan for him to be the guy.
Worrell signed a new deal this year, pretty sure it was a couple of months ago but I thought he would be great with Moore and Murphy as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see the Hawks are shopping around Denver Grainger-Barras. For a CHB he averages 7.5 disposals a game. very poor return considering how often the ball has been in the Hawks backline over the past 3 years. Is he a good player played out of position or is he a high draft pick flop?
The word from the Hawks is that he is not the KPP they thought he would be.

I'm getting triggered about Will Kelly with all this DGB talk.

At least he didn't cost us a top 10 pick.

Honestly, Will Kelly should be better with the physical attributes he has to work with.

Sadly just lacks the blue collar grunt or is it c*** of his dad.

Maybe. Maybe not.

The exact same thing could be said about De Goey.

But I’m definitely glad we’ve got him and hope he plays his best heading into the finals.

I’d say Thomas’s behaviour is well past the worst of De Goey already. I’d be mortified if we were looking at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say Thomas’s behaviour is well past the worst of De Goey already. I’d be mortified if we were looking at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thomas is one bad decision from never playing again. Given how much the media hounds Collingwood, it's not a wise idea to trade for Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back