List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe so.

We’re in ‘win as many flags as we can’ mode before Pendles/Sidey retire. I’d be v surprised if we shipped off Adams without brining in Wines.
I recall a report a week or two ago saying Adelaide was open to trading Himmleberg to GWS if they could bring someone in (I believe there was a specific player attached to that but I can’t recall who). I wonder if we’ll take the same approach to Tay if he does request to move on.

Those are the only two possible scenarios, right? What a dumb binary

No, I’m just saying if he was a required player we wouldn’t be “open to trading him”. We obviously think his injury history is too much.

The Pies don't have to offer him anything more than his existing contract. If the Swans offer a 2-3 year deal, if we facilitated a trade it would say just as much about how much we have valued him as a player - and are doing him a favour. Along with whatever is offered as a trade.

Again. He’s not required. If he was part of our plans even 12 months from now, we would be reassuring rather than being “open”.
Happy to take on a fun bet with you i.e. 6 pack or a carton of coopers green or equivalent for your tastes. Taylor Adams will be at Pies next year.

or even just a stubbie bet (meant only to be a fun bet that doesnt cost an arm and a leg)
He might be. He very very likely won’t be in 2025. That’s why he’s looking elsewhere.

Young Chris has a problem with older players. If he had his way, Pendles, Steele, Howe, WHE plus a few others would have been put out to pasture years ago.

I just asked for Pendles to be moved out of the middle (when we were struggling). I was wrong. Sidey & WHE have good this year.

Adams’ is injury prone and we think we can replace him. Simple.

No, I’m just saying if he was a required player we wouldn’t be “open to trading him”. We obviously think his injury history is too much.

Again. He’s not required. If he was part of our plans even 12 months from now, we would be reassuring rather than being “open”.

He might be. He very very likely won’t be in 2025. That’s why he’s looking elsewhere.

I just asked for Pendles to be moved out of the middle (when we were struggling). I was wrong. Sidey & WHE have good this year.

A lot of assumptions being stated as fact, unless you have some inside source.

You are conflating the current potential trade situation with your imagined view on how Collingwood views his injury history. It's not that simple.

Judging by his stats, Wines would be a great addition to our midfield. He's 28, historically ranked elite for handballs and clearances and is above average for tackles.

I've read on the Port board that Wines' role/gametime differed following the emergence of Butters and JHF in the Port midfield. Wines would provide us with a proven clearance winner who has the skills and capability of feeding our outside runners, as well as bolstering our defensive abilities at stoppage, which was lacking at times in games against Hawthorn, Melbourne and Carlton.

You can't rely on Tom Mitchell all year, especially with the bad back he has been managing. The whole reason we brought Titch in was to help ease the load on Adams, so you're hardly going to willingly trade out Adams and potentially impact Mitchell's impact. Nor are you going to just hope that Macrae becomes a best 22 player.

I mean... there is the Callaghan rumour 👀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by his stats, Wines would be a great addition to our midfield. He's 28, historically ranked elite for handballs and clearances and is above average for tackles.

I've read on the Port board that Wines' role/gametime differed following the emergence of Butters and JHF in the Port midfield. Wines would provide us with a proven clearance winner who has the skills and capability of feeding our outside runners, as well as bolstering our defensive abilities at stoppage, which was lacking at times in games against Hawthorn, Melbourne and Carlton.
And some else here was implying one of us was looking to recruit another Brownlow medalist 😬😜

That was me… just wanted to check what they thought about it.

And hopefully get the proposal out there into the trade space as I really reckon it would be a great result (and fair).

Can I get your autograph? You’re famous now!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won’t Wines find himself in a similar situation here though?
It’s a good point, but we did bring in Michell as that 2nd inside extractor for a reason. One is not enough.

I think it’s more to do with Adams body having him miss out on two finals series in a row. Us believing he doesn’t have long left in the game, and helping fix age demographics.

Even though Wines is only 2 years younger, it reduces that glut of players who project to finish up at a similar time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back